Newvember

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Tomorrow for any of our drivers in town or staff who don't have family to be with.... Noon to 3 up at Lakes of Taylor Load One will host a Thanksgiving dinner. You don't need to dress up as we have are own area. This year your hosts will be Director of Ops Nick Miller and Load One Pres. Brian Whitley, (I am going to the Lions game!)

thanks-jpg.16564

Plenty of truck parking and just tell them you are with Load One when you arrive and they will get you all set. Lions will be on the big screen! As well we open the invitation up to any other expedite carrier drivers that may be laid over in the area. Happy Thanksgiving from everyone at Load One!

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Working to get everyone rolling or rolling towards the house!
Don't think I'll be making it back just yet lol.

11bbb8c8fbbe5322c97ac6b74781368f.jpg

But at least it's sunny and 65F.

And my view at this Walmart isn't too bad

44273f2ff2163013bb31f5dc46f8fe0a.jpg

This trip could be called, expect the unexpected.
After doing this work for several years, sometimes the simplest acts catch me off guard. Pretty trivial but here it is.

I picked up this load at a transfer location. It was a little dark while I was signing the paperwork outside. While signing I heard the highlow driver say something as he turned the flash light on his phone on. I figured he was going to take a picture of the freight so I stepped away out of the light. To my surprise he was trying to light up my paperwork. Yeah, I felt a little stupid at that point haha.

I get to the receiver before they open. When the guy arrives, he comes over to my van, says good morning while extending his hand towards me. I figure it was the just the usual routine and he wanted to see the paper work. Nope wrong again, he transfered the paperwork into his other hand and wanted to shake mine.

Kind of sad that both these simple acts came as a surprise. I guess it would be nice if it happened more often

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Iowa to Elk Grove Village for Friday delivery, so it looks like I'll spend Thanksgiving here at either the TA or the Pilot/Road Ranger in lovely Hampshire, IL.

On the way over here this afternoon, I drove through Waterloo on US 20 and a few miles east of there I pulled off at the Jesup exit to cool a tire, so to speak. While on the on-ramp I could see a really large bird in the tree up ahead. Much larger than the typical yellow-tailed hawk we frequently see along the road. I though maybe a turkey vulture. As I started heading down the ramp back onto the road I got a better look at it and stopped and took some pictures. I was a little surprised it didn't fly off as soon as I exited the van.

IMG_20171122_162942.jpg

IMG_20171122_163003.jpg

I'm glad Ben Franklin didn't get his way.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Happy Thanksgiving to Mr. and Mrs. E and to everyone at Load One! Hope everyone enjoys there Thanksgiving today!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
It's that time of the year and we are again in the finals for "Best Fleets to Drive For" competition. This phase as in past years requires us to have almost 100 surveys completed by the fleet. Sooooo if you have a little time this holiday weekend and want to show your carrier a little love, lol.....

This link is for Load One surveys so please do not share it with outsiders. Thanks in advance if you choose to participate! We have been a finalist for the last 5 years and been a winner twice!

If you message me I can send you the link :)

BestFleetsLogo.jpg

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
1125171414.jpg
Da Plane Not-Plane! Da Plane Not-Plane!

1125171414a.jpg
The Bell 430 Helicopter
Fuel Capacity - 188 US Gallons
Range - 372 Miles
Top Speed - 140 knots (161 mph, 260 km/h)
Cost Per Hour - $900.00 (incl. fuel and Maintenance)

1125171423.jpg
I've taken freight off a lot of aircraft, but this is the first helicopter.
It originated in Saginaw, MI and landed in Rockford, IL.​