2016 HINO 338 P204F & P20E8 ISSUE

MitchH

New Recruit
Mechanic
This past Friday (11/24) our 2016 Hino 338 was displaying the "p204f" and "p20e8" codes and the truck had low power with the "SCR Malfunction" light and buzzer on. I plugged the Bluepoint Pocket IQ in the OBDII connection and was able to retrieve and clear the "p20d8" code but the other remains the same. Reading some other threads on here we replaced the injector and def filter but are still seeing the same code. Am I able to clear this code with what tools I have here or are there any suggestions of other things to try? Thank you in advance.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
This past Friday (11/24) our 2016 Hino 338 was displaying the "p204f" and "p20e8" codes and the truck had low power with the "SCR Malfunction" light and buzzer on. I plugged the Bluepoint Pocket IQ in the OBDII connection and was able to retrieve and clear the "p20d8" code but the other remains the same. Reading some other threads on here we replaced the injector and def filter but are still seeing the same code. Am I able to clear this code with what tools I have here or are there any suggestions of other things to try? Thank you in advance.
You'll have to clear Scr history from the engine activation menu, and I know of no generic scan tool that will accomplish that.

Sent from my XT1585 using EO Forums mobile app