tst

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Where are you located, what size of unit are you going to run with them and are you fully OK to cross the border? A bit more info and we can all help you out.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
TST is a great company never had any problems with them. They pay every two weeks. Jay Hobbs will really show you how to go in and out of Canada the best way. TST has one of the best fuel card programs I have ever seen in this busniess. They treated me and my father great when he was leased on with them.

wannawork1

Seasoned Expediter
i have a straight truck and have fast card for brdr crossing.ive been crossing the brdr approx.3 times a week for the last 6months so not a problem with that.i have given all my info.to tst and if everything checks out i will start orientation next week.im a canadian driver so most other companies i have contacted arent looking for canadians.

Last edited:

tonyxm

Seasoned Expediter
They are good to get you out from Canada...(loaded).If you seat more than 24h they pay relocation....the rest is short runs...around windsor...2-300miles...all most no loads if you are down south or even Chicago....pay late..2 weeks ore 3 if you cant send paper work...no scanning...no good...fuel surcharge is an average for all drivers...not good...and the insurance is the same...

Brent51013

New Recruit
Driver
I know this is an old post but does anyone have any info on TST Expedited Services? I'm looking to do their lease purchase program in the US I have no problem running to CanAda or anywhere else they might send me. Just curious as to whether or not the lease purchase program is worth it at $1,000 a month truck payments and $2,000 to $3,000 cash down payment depending on your location and what truck you get, is it worth it? Or do most people end up losing a bunch of money and going belly up? I know things aren't going to ALWAYS be steady and there will be issuets at times and pay will fluctuate that's with ANY expediting business but there's also a difference between fluctuating pay and no pay lol... any advice or info would be GREAT, they're the only company I can seem to find that has stright trucks that are non cdl WITH sleepers, and I mean actual straight trucks not the little chevy express cutaway trucks I want to be in something the size of a Freightliner m2 106 or International 4300 for f150 kenworth t270 or something if the sort with a sleeper don't really care whether it's solo or team as long as it's a truck lol..

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check out their trucks at their facility behind the Detroiter. I believe the trucks with the sleeper in the box are their lease to own rigs.

Reactions: piper1

Brent51013

New Recruit
Driver
Behind the Detroiter? And I live in Clarksburg, West Virginia I'm 5 hrs and 36 minutes from their shop lol

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Might be a silly question but.....Brent...have you ever done any expedite driving work?

Brent51013

New Recruit
Driver
Might be a silly question but.....Brent...have you ever done any expedite driving work?

No just getting into it, have done a lot of researching though and as far as van driving, most fleet owners don’t wanna give you a half decent bunk they want you to sleep on a fold out cot worse than a prison bunk so I’d MUCH rather get into a non cdl box truck with a team mate than sit inside a truck stop until I’m ready to go toss n turn myself to sleep on a 20 dollar cot I get you can’t have a motel on wheels in a van because room for freight means $$ but half asleep drivers running down the road holding their backs isn’t very safe either they could ATLEAST allow some sort of bunk that’s not metal tubing with cloth stretched across it. So yeah after my rant sorry but a truck would be well worth it with a team.. NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE as I’m sure that’s not every fleet owner but some are definitely like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

BlindSquid

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
My cot's feelings are hurt here.
I sleep on an army cot, in fact it's older than some of the women I've slept on. Had it since 1981 (more faithful than them females too). Been with me all over the world, never complains & reasonably comfortable. Little stretched in the canvas but the joints are still flexible. Thought of getting a younger cot, but naw, we got a few more nights to go yet.....zzzzzzz

Reactions: Grizzly and Moot

Brent51013

New Recruit
Driver
Moot do you know anything about them? Are most people successful or fail with them? I can’t find anyone that currently works with them so it’s kinda hard to get a positive or negative response