October banter and locations.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Research:
Oregon's chain law applies to all highways throughout the state. ... Traction tires may be used in place of chains on vehicles rated at 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight or less and that are not towing or being towed. Studded tires are legal in Oregon from November 1 through March 31.

BUT
www.odotmovingahead.com
That is true but the law requires all moving vehicle with tires to have chains in or on their vehicle at all times.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Research:
Oregon's chain law applies to all highways throughout the state. ... Traction tires may be used in place of chains on vehicles rated at 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight or less and that are not towing or being towed. Studded tires are legal in Oregon from November 1 through March 31.

BUT
www.odotmovingahead.com
That is true but the law requires all moving vehicle with tires to have chains in or on their vehicle at all times.
Or traction tires

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Research:

BUT
www.odotmovingahead.com
Or traction tires
Yes the traction tires can only be used for 5 months but that doesn't help him right now if he needed to use them because of the law stating nov thru mar usage.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In most winter conditions, four-wheel and all-wheel-drive vehicles are exempt from the requirement to use chains or traction tires if the vehicle is not towing.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Treadmill is correct
You are required to carry chains or traction devices on the Oregon passes when the roads are icy. There will be signs posted when traction devices are required. The requirement is to have them available, if they are required to be on the nehicle, a different sign will be up, notifying you.

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Traction tires include studded tires or other tires that meet tire industry standards for use in severe snow conditions. Studless traction tires that meet Rubber Manufacturers Association standards for use in severe snow conditions carry a special symbol on the tire sidewall: a three-peaked mountain and snowflake

Even my semi aggressive tread does not have the snowflake symbol

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Traction tires include studded tires or other tires that meet tire industry standards for use in severe snow conditions. Studless traction tires that meet Rubber Manufacturers Association standards for use in severe snow conditions carry a special symbol on the tire sidewall: a three-peaked mountain and snowflake

Even my semi aggressive tread does not have the snowflake symbol
I knew there was a "snowflake" involved.

Sent from my i-sung.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
You must have been asleep when you stopped at Exit 745- that's Weed. They sell lots of 60's related stuff (tie dyed shirts, etc), but I've been told the town fathers are kinda narc-y when it comes to actual marijuana. Believe it or not, that part of California is very conservative
Must have been off my game. Pilot bathroom was filthy. Went to get coffee and they "ran out" of half&half, trigger keeper not on gas nozzle so I had to stand there, in shorts & T-shirt, temperature@ 19°, and pump fuel.

You ever wonder if they go around and check on these places?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Treadmill is correct
You are required to carry chains or traction devices on the Oregon passes when the roads are icy. There will be signs posted when traction devices are required. The requirement is to have them available, if they are required to be on the nehicle, a different sign will be up, notifying you.
And where would these warning signs be located. We were on a two-lane road Oregon Route 22 between Redmond and Salem I did not see any electronic or permanent signage other than the sign that said chain up chain removal area ahead

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Treadmill is correct
And where would these warning signs be located. We were on a two-lane road Oregon Route 22 between Redmond and Salem I did not see any electronic or permanent signage other than the sign that said chain up chain removal area ahead

Good question...
Oregon is like NJ... they pump your fuel .... except in diesel lanes... no fuel locks allowed... which is the way all states should be... IMO

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You must have been asleep when you stopped at Exit 745- that's Weed. They sell lots of 60's related stuff (tie dyed shirts, etc), but I've been told the town fathers are kinda narc-y when it comes to actual marijuana. Believe it or not, that part of California is very conservative
Must have been off my game. Pilot bathroom was filthy. Went to get coffee and they "ran out" of half&half, trigger keeper not on gas nozzle so I had to stand there, in shorts & T-shirt, temperature@ 19°, and pump fuel.

You ever wonder if they go around and check on these places?

They probably forgot about that one.

Reactions: VSprinter

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I heard those signs are on the ticket, one that officer writes for you.

Sent from my i-sung.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
5d825b01f127ceed852a432ec6bbb914.jpg

This was a few months ago ...

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited: