Load One rolling strong in Sept!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well I called dispatch and check with bid team, they suggested x which is Way Way Way too far of a DH. I wouldn't even let Load One pay that, LOL. I'll sit here today and have Fuddruckers and may check on getting the van service and go from there.
I sat in Reno for 4 or 5 days and just wore Fuddruckers out. The elk burger is pretty tasty.
It was suggested I move to El Paso, which I agreed to do, but stopped in Vegas for the night, then Phoenix for a day or so to see what would happen. I got a load from Calexico to Romulus (with a transit time of 5 days, which was kewl).

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you to our great customer and partner Freighliner for recognizing our companies joint commitment to quality at this years North American Commercial Vehicle Show.

Is that what they were shooting the video at the yard for John?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yes. They were in for two days shooting a pretty cool video and we had the video company for a day of footage. We are allowed to share or release the first video on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well this kind of sucked...

1st bid of the day on a nice run, after 30mins or so got a different confirmed run... going to Concentra

Wasn't too upset, been a couple of years since I got picked.

Concentra backed up 3 hrs

1 hr into my wait at concentra surprise call, we got that load, how's the drug test going? Errrrr, not good.

After +3 hours, back at the J in Altoona, Iowa.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Well this kind of sucked...

1st bid of the day on a nice run, after 30mins or so got a different confirmed run... going to Concentra

Wasn't too upset, been a couple of years since I got picked.

Concentra backed up 3 hrs

1 hr into my wait at concentra surprise call, we got that load, how's the drug test going? Errrrr, not good.

After +3 hours, back at the J in Altoona, Iowa.

Just wondering, could you take the load and have that done on the way or after the delivery?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
After eating and much thought, called MB and there book up to the 1st of Oct. Wish these other MB dealers were like Sprinter Of Fort Mitchell. So I'll DH back to where I came from. I'll send dispatch a message.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just wondering, could you take the load and have that done on the way or after the delivery?
Drug test are time sensitive, at least for getting there once the process starts

Was a 1k mile trip, would have been nice if they could of postponed it. But kind of defeats the purpose of a random that way, shipper just took too long to confirm and messed things up. Oh well, there will always be another load

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
DH back yesterday and first thing this morning the phone has been ringing like crazy! And the loads offers have been good! Still haven't hook one yet.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Tennessee office called me early this morning for a load. After they got back to them and some time changes and agreeance, we got a load! Now just waiting for the info. Hope it doesn't take as long as it did conform in the load. LOL

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
ddf3c94988276339aff9477f7cbbae50.png

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Empty in Syracuse NY.

Finally no bee looking things bombarding me, not sure what they are but that's what they look like. Every time I stopped they would swarm the van.

They 1st showed up in Hudson, IN. Continued throughout Iowa.
Pesky little things.