Lets Remember September Locatoons & More

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Settling in at the Tulsa J for the night. Vans everywhere, white & yellow. At least 2 lot lizzards, one with teeth. A drunk sleeping outside the door and at the risk of sounding judgemental, White Trash galore. Will double check that van is locked tonight.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Settling in at the Tulsa J for the night. Vans everywhere, white & yellow. At least 2 lot lizzards, one with teeth. A drunk sleeping outside the door and at the risk of sounding judgemental, White Trash galore. Will double check that van is locked tonight.

I think You need to put on those Red shorts and stroll the parking lot ..
c25789fccc1eec1dceb1f3defc4ce897.gif

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And the learning curve takes a turn thru the wallet...lol

And it continues, but I'm learning so much :dash2:

Finally figured out and found what I need. A fuel Line Seal Ring.

I was just going to get that, then remembered part of the connector is also broken, plus it's really old. So I ordered a whole new fuel line with connectors.

I didn't call Wayne on it. Based on previous experiences, anything specifically made for my year,(which this is), he would have to order anyways. And I know he would not have a complete fuel line for a 2002-2003, especially new.

Only question is if I will attempt to replace it. I know I can connect the one end, but not sure where the other end goes...yet :rolleyes:
In the other end.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

When I was at the J in Oklahoma City, I was shocked by the number of people sleeping in their cars.
I asked the counter girl if this was normal. She said they try to chase them off, but they hide o_O

When I think of Oklahoma, homeless capital doesn't come to mind.
I guess they have not migrated back south yet :rolleyes:

Reactions: Steady Eddie

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
When I was at the J in Oklahoma City, I was shocked by the number of people sleeping in their cars.
I asked the counter girl if this was normal. She said they try to chase them off, but they hide o_O

When I think of Oklahoma, homeless capital doesn't come to mind.
I guess they have not migrated back south yet :rolleyes:
Just this AM in the men's room an old guy, 70's, with a walker was trying to break in to the Sharps container, sad

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is for you ntimevan! Time for a fuel stop and a food stop. Here at Buffalo Wild Wings! Half price wing Tuesday!
If not Booked in next 2 hours in Fargo ... BWW it is for a night of Naked Tenders & Fries and Baseball ....
3bd4f42c4d1280c4b31310f77cf29e5d.jpg

Ok ... the half price sweet BBQ wings looked good ..

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Middle of the night dispatch. 2AM pick in Tulsa and direct to Northwest New Mexico, DH back to Albuquerque, all covered by good rate. Then it's a krap shoot, give Albuquerque a chance or bite the bullet and drop down to EP?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Middle of the night dispatch. 2AM pick in Tulsa and direct to Northwest New Mexico, DH back to Albuquerque, all covered by good rate. Then it's a krap shoot, give Albuquerque a chance or bite the bullet and drop down to EP?

Yes.... but give NM the business day
Murray got me a load outta there last time... just a blind squirrel shot but it worked... otherwise EP is the place to be

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Murray got me a load outta there last time... just a blind squirrel shot but it worked... otherwise EP is the place to be
When I worked for Square One in 2015, they gave me a wicked sweet run: Pittsburgh area to ABQ. When I asked the boss for his advice concerning staying vs. going to EP, he asked me why the hell I let them send me there

That was at 0700. At 1430 they landed me a run from ABQ to Taylor, Michigan. So yeah, give it a shot, maybe if it doesn't pan out, it's only a four hour trip down to EP.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I worked for Square One in 2015, they gave me a wicked sweet run: Pittsburgh area to ABQ. When I asked the boss for his advice concerning staying vs. going to EP, he asked me why the hell I let them send me there

That was at 0700. At 1430 they landed me a run from ABQ to Taylor, Michigan. So yeah, give it a shot, maybe if it doesn't pan out, it's only a four hour trip down to EP.
absolutely..besides at least one of Crossroads best carrier/broker has a couple customers...but its a matter of good timing is all...

Reactions: xmudman

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Today's Goal...Don't screw up this project :rolleyes:

1st up will be replacing the fuel line that runs from the fuel filter to the low pressure pump. Looks pretty simple, provided I can access the low pressure pump without removing any other parts that may be in the way. It was a rainy day yesterday, so I haven't even looked yet. If I can't access it, or it's more involved, will abort to Wayne.

Fuel Line.JPG

Interesting to see that the white C-clamps at the ends click and lock into place. My busted up one that connects to the fuel filter no longer does that, and is the main source of the fuel leak.

Going more EURO...

Even though I just put a new fuel filter on, I'm going to swap it out for a alternative fuel filter that I've been researching for my Sprinter year, (2002), that has no water in fuel senor at the bottom. This is the type used mainly by our oversea Sprinter brothers, and eliminates a frequent air leak source and problem area. In the past 5 years, I've never had a water in fuel issue, so I'm up for the Euro fix ;)

Baldwin-BF7756-2.jpg

Baldwin-BF7756-1.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Today's Goal...Don't screw up this project :rolleyes:

1st up will be replacing the fuel line that runs from the fuel filter to the low pressure pump. Looks pretty simple, provided I can access the low pressure pump without removing any other parts that may be in the way. It was a rainy day yesterday, so I haven't even looked yet. If I can't access it, or it's more involved, will abort to Wayne.

Interesting to see that the white C-clamps at the ends click and lock into place. My busted up one that connects to the fuel filter no longer does that, and is the main source of the fuel leak.

Going more EURO...

Even though I just put a new fuel filter on, I'm going to swap it out for a alternative fuel filter that I've been researching for my Sprinter year, (2002), that has no water in fuel senor at the bottom. This is the type used mainly by our oversea Sprinter brothers, and eliminates a frequent air leak source and problem area. In the past 5 years, I've never had a water in fuel issue, so I'm up for the Euro fix ;)

Never had a water in fuel problem