A stroll down memory lane.

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
8398e74f0dd206ce162a2f9fb7989d55.jpg

One of my last Expo's . Those where some good times.

Reactions: Bruno

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
8398e74f0dd206ce162a2f9fb7989d55.jpg

One of my last Expo's . Those where some good times.
92ac3f7623551c6e4a87a34245f28310.jpg

My 1st step deck curtain side I purchased back in the day. I believe I had 2 48' step curtains , 2 53 flat curtains and a 48 double drop curtain.

That was in addition to the fleet of straight trucks and 53' vans. It was important to me that I make that investment to be able to service all my customers needs.

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thank you
0ccbf5947f9284006a766253a32d7fc3.jpg

15b60d5cc44ad7bf62ea232516ae9eae.jpg

The day I walked away I was in the middle of a full remodel in my Clinton Twp,Mi office. I walked out the door and didn't even lock it behind me. I never looked back.

My son just turned 3yrs old last month and I made sure to enjoy every minute of it.

John Clark 46

Active Expediter
Retired Expediter
John

What made you walk away other than your son?
Sorry getting back to you so late. It was a combination of my son, and some negative influences in my life and also I was too close with my staff.

They did a excellent job for my contracts, drivers and the business but after time the level of comfortability was too great and I had lost my focus on running a tight ship.

My shop was like home to everyone, that's the way I wanted it, but it's never a good idea to make friends out of employees and then turn the other way.

Plus I was always fighting my office manager for control when I should have let her do her job, and I was absent more and more.

So when the offer came in to sell my 3 companies I took the money.

I guess to answer your question I was distracted. Money makes you do some dumb :censoredsign:. I never lost sight on my contracts, when I was bought out I stayed on for a moment, grabbed a bunch more contracts and built his fleet even faster then expected and he fired my ass and never fulfilled his obligations to the sale.

It's a life lesson I suppose.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan