The Trump Card...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtle..Agreed....just what have the dems/liberals done to enhance the minorities lifestyle?..Dems have done a lot of lip service for sure....
Trump won....thats it....the system worked the way it was supposed to...Major Dem cities did not rule over rural America where Trump won by a landslide....take the major city's out of the numbers and Trump has a slam dunk!

Reactions: Turtle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Homebuilders Association predicts a back log of new homes....it has felt the effect of the Immigration being enforced
prices are on an upward trend as they are in a labour shortage instead of nearly 1 million new homes this year they predict maybe only 800,000....

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Homebuilders Association predicts a back log of new homes....it has felt the effect of the Immigration being enforced
prices are on an upward trend as they are in a labour shortage instead of nearly 1 million new homes this year they predict maybe only 800,000....
Which means 200,000 less refrigerator, washer, dryer, miles of pipe and wire, lumber (from Canada). Which is one more factor why the market will cycle again.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
And remember, Wall Street is a School of (bloodthirsty) Sharks. They haven't smelled blood yet, but they will and a selling frenzy will happen and stocks will fall like dominos.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The fact of winning the popular vote and losing the Electoral College only matters in Trivial Pursuit. If the national popular vote had been a relevant metric in determining the presidency, both Trump and Clinton would have desgined their campaign plans of attack very differently.

You are correct if you are talking about winning the presidency alone but there is more to voting results than that.

Everybody planning a campaign locally and for the 2018 elections consider the local 2016 voting results to be an item of profound significance. These people literally carry plan right down to the doorstep, determining how may door hangers to print and mapping the streets where they will be distributed. If a given street is a "Hillary street" the door hanger message will be different than if it was a "Donald street."

Political operators build entire strategies around voting history. And none of that has to do with the electoral college. For them and the candidate the local or district candidate they are working for, popular vote totals are far more than a trivial pursuit tidbit.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just reading an article about the charges being investigated against Israel PM. One of them is "Breach Of Trust". Sounds awfully broad. Do we have such a Legal Charge here?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You are correct if you are talking about winning the presidency alone but there is more to voting results than that.
Well, gee, winning the presidency and why people didn't vote for Trump is pretty much the entire context in which we were talking.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The phrase 'just win baby' comes to mind. The election was all about winning the electoral college. So whatever it took to get it done. Trump did, Hillary didn't. Hillary can make a copy of a newspaper headline saying she won the popular vote, frame it, and hang it in her house. The non Whitehouse one.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Which means 200,000 less refrigerator, washer, dryer, miles of pipe and wire, lumber (from Canada). Which is one more factor why the market will cycle again.

That said tho....ILLEGALS have to go OR get legal real quick...I can't understand the sympathy a lawbreaker gets from liberals...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They'll just have to pay more for their labor. I don't have sympathy for the ones (contractors/ companies) that skirt the laws and pay very low wages to illegal immigrants because they want to 'do it on the cheap' so they can make a higher profit. And then complain that U.S. citizens won't do that work. They WILL do it, but you'll just have to pay some more for labor.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They'll just have to pay more for their labor. I don't have sympathy for the ones (contractors/ companies) that skirt the laws and pay very low wages to illegal immigrants because they want to 'do it on the cheap' so they can make a higher profit. And then complain that U.S. citizens won't do that work. They WILL do it, but you'll just have to pay some more for labor.
Agreed......and its called Greed...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can assure you, the extra cost will not come out of the company profits.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
New home prices have skyrocketed almost beyond a middle incomes ability to pay without being in debt over the head

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Agree, but if there is a corporate tax reduction coming in the near future maybe it won't have to be that way.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Agree, but if there is a corporate tax reduction coming in the near future maybe it won't have to be that way.
maybe....but ranchers and produce farmers that use illegals will have some real adjusting to do to find enough to do the work...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
can assure you, the extra cost will not come out of the company
It might. They can't just bump up the price of the building (house, whatever) may because labor costs increase, any more than one can bump up the price of a retail item to cover advertising costs, or than an expediter can charge more because they got a new truck. The price is whatever the market will bear.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
It might. They can't just bump up the price of the building (house, whatever) may because labor costs increase, any more than one can bump up the price of a retail item to cover advertising costs, or than an expediter can charge more because they got a new truck. The price is whatever the market will bear.
Not necessarily true. If Walmart cost goes up they will absorb nothing. If McDonalds cost goes up it will be passed through and not one consumer of junk food will complain. And, regular workers will pay for it out of their pockets because they won't stop shopping at Walmart or eating at McDonald's, AND, their wages won't change because of a labor shortage in low end jobs. My opinion.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
can assure you, the extra cost will not come out of the company
yeah and right now the prices are almost unBEARable for the entry level buyer....supply and demand will cause a bidding war even more competitive in the builders favour...or people will just stay put and the market could crash...
Just sooooo many variables...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not necessarily true. If Walmart cost goes up they will absorb nothing. If McDonalds cost goes up it will be passed through and not one consumer of junk food will complain. And, regular workers will pay for it out of their pockets because they won't stop shopping at Walmart or eating at McDonald's, AND, their wages won't change because of a labor shortage in low end jobs. My opinion.

the cost will be absorbed right down the supply chain...right to the buyer...but again it all depends on the market...
wages are tax deductible...these companies can always swing the pencil in their favour...