It's just June.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
When you're paid by percentage, you're legally entitled to view the invoice, iirc
Actually, no. The only records a company must make available are those from an automated payroll clock.

Regardless, the question is: does HE get to see them?

I think (IMHO) that this industry operates on good faith, but you have to have faith in your carrier, which is why I moved to Murray.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm glad I never had to ask to see a invoice. Trust until they give you a reason not to.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Well... Markets are slow, economy is bust, supply - demand... New rate is 0.60
*read In-transit post above.
No reason not to trust. Just run lower and lower everyday.
Problem is not with last carrier invoice. Show me original shipper invoice.

Sent from my i-sung.

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When you're paid by percentage, you're legally entitled to view the invoice, iirc
Actually, no. The only records a company must make available are those from an automated payroll clock.

A. Section 376.12 (g) Copies of freight bill or other form of freight documentation

"When a lessor’s revenue is based on a percentage of the gross revenue for a shipment, the lease must specify that the authorized carrier will give the lessor, before or at the time of settlement, a copy of the rated freight bill or a computer-generated document containing the same information, or, in the case of contract carriers, any other form of documentation actually used for a shipment containing the same information that would appear on a rated freight bill. When a computer-generated document is provided, the lease will permit lessor to view, during normal business hours, a copy of any actual document underlying the computer-generated document. Regardless of the method of compensation, the lease must permit lessor to examine copies of the carrier’s tariff or, in the case of contract carriers, other documents from which rates and charges are computed, provided that where rates and charges are computed from a contract of a contract carrier, only those portions of the contract containing the same information that would appear on a rated freight bill need be disclosed. The authorized carrier may delete the names of shippers and consignees shown on the freight bill or other form of documentation."

This section is designed to keep carriers honest when it comes to paying their owner-operators. It entitles you to verify the rates your carrier charges its customers for the loads you haul.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well... Markets are slow, economy is bust, supply - demand... New rate is 0.60
*read In-transit post above.
No reason not to trust. Just run lower and lower everyday.
Problem is not with last carrier invoice. Show me original shipper invoice.

Sent from my i-sung.

No need for him to see a invoice. They offered .60 per mile, he accepted that load at that rate. He had his reasons to accept the load at subpar rate. I can't say if it was a bad for him or not. It would be bad for me though. The one thing that can be learned is, the grass is always greener on the other side. That is only do to having more fertilizer spread on that grass. Horse or Bull fertilizer, still the same.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

I think (IMHO) that this industry operates on good faith, but you have to have faith in your carrier, which is why I moved to Murray.

Faith in Murray (and Sally) is the key words and also a strong reason why I made the switch to Team CRE.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don"t know if Amazon is switching more shipments to UPS, but that"s mostly all I'm been getting lately. Used to be almost always Fedex or USPS. Only issues I have with UPS is their not as efficient, it often gets delayed, and usually arrives between 7pm-8pm. I must be about last on their delivery route :rolleyes:

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No need for him to see a invoice. They offered .60 per mile, he accepted that load at that rate. He had his reasons to accept the load at subpar rate. I can't say if it was a bad for him or not. It would be bad for me though. The one thing that can be learned is, the grass is always greener on the other side. That is only do to having more fertilizer spread on that grass. Horse or Bull fertilizer, still the same.

It was basically a take it or rot scenario . I am however using it to cover the cost home to regroup and ponder the upcoming days... I haven't ran that cheap in a decade ! It's very bad for me but it's better then eating the fuel back to ohio . Only reason I really took it is a 25lb box...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SGAVan1

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been looking for another company. Can you tell me who you are leaving at .60 pm so I will not make that mistake? These recruiters are something else when they are trying to get you to work for them.

So I left bolt 2 weeks ago... signed on with metro out of Athens Tennessee as I know a couple folk there who claim they ran well with good rates... going into Laredo $.75 out of Laredo $.60 I lost on both ends! Also got the speech of its normal and I laughed at them... at least this pays me to get either home or another orientation ! I hate carrier changes but I don't get the best of gut feelings on this one .

Pay is 80% of invoice .

Does anyone know anything about 10 Point Expediting? I just get tired of all the deductions these carriers are trying to take from us. It is really sad how many miles you have to run each week just to cover the weekly deductions.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Does anyone know anything about 10 Point Expediting? I just get tired of all the deductions these carriers are trying to take from us. It is really sad how many miles you have to run each week just to cover the weekly deductions.
Deductions? Our deductions are $2 every week for cost of direct deposit, that's it?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been looking for another company. Can you tell me who you are leaving at .60 pm so I will not make that mistake? These recruiters are something else when they are trying to get you to work for them.

So I left bolt 2 weeks ago... signed on with metro out of Athens Tennessee as I know a couple folk there who claim they ran well with good rates... going into Laredo $.75 out of Laredo $.60 I lost on both ends! Also got the speech of its normal and I laughed at them... at least this pays me to get either home or another orientation ! I hate carrier changes but I don't get the best of gut feelings on this one .

Pay is 80% of invoice .

a buck here a buck there...$25.00 over there....it just keeps adding up....tolls increase every 2 yrs it seems....but you know its only a couple bucks....Oklahoma has increased theirs the other month but hey what another $8 bucks right?....just run a few more miles...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Same reason I wash my truck...to keep it looking professional and not junk. Pride in my ride, I also put tire shine on the tires too.
I know it doesn't make any more money clean than dirty or with or without a cracked windshield...i have had a chip in a few spots but when it I get a 2 foot long crack that crosses itself 2 or 3 times I consider it unsafe

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app
was just curious...now you are driving a stone magnet, like the sprinter, you can look forward to many windshield changes....even that huge Transit window making it feel like you are in a microwave when driving into the sun....LOL

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
had one of those once....nice PIA....kinda like a T.I.B.....the freight has its own passport...

a buck here a buck there...$25.00 over there....it just keeps adding up....tolls increase every 2 yrs it seems....but you know its only a couple bucks....Oklahoma has increased theirs the other month but hey what another $8 bucks right?....just run a few more miles...

was just curious...now you are driving a stone magnet, like the sprinter, you can look forward to many windshield changes....even that huge Transit window making it feel like you are in a microwave when driving into the sun....LOL

at .80 a mile? who can afford that these days?.....LOL just :pokepoke:
Well Hello Mr. Ray of Sunshine ... it must be raining in SD. and you sharpened up those Poke sticks while in the house ...

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
had one of those once....nice PIA....kinda like a T.I.B.....the freight has its own passport...

at .80 a mile? who can afford that these days?.....LOL just :pokepoke:
Well Hello Mr. Ray of Sunshine ... it must be raining in SD. and you sharpened up those Poke sticks while in the house ...

hauling freight from a Pond near you
what? You want I wear a recruiters hat and tell all everything is just grand out here?.....when truth is.....its in the toilet and still swirling toward the bottom with no signs of coming back to the surface?:pokepoke:

Status
Not open for further replies.