MAY all your dreams come true!

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And I'm back in business... a week ago my latest ProMaster, having under 200K, went down... noise from the engine, shaky (and noisy too) transmission, but I made it to the shop. Now I know the mechanics told me before that it requires some work on the engine, but I wasn't willing to pay the price they were asking, about $2300. Anyway, Monday morning the shop called me and told me that I have to change the block, the water pump (!!!) and the thermostat (!!!). And all these for only $9500... funny, they didn't say anything about the transmission.
The choice was to buy a new van, but never again a Chrysler product.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good deal, Sir Opel! This it?
I'd love to, but GM broke up with Opel... that's a good and not too expensive toy!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And I'm back in business... a week ago my latest ProMaster, having under 200K, went down... noise from the engine, shaky (and noisy too) transmission, but I made it to the shop. Now I know the mechanics told me before that it requires some work on the engine, but I wasn't willing to pay the price they were asking, about $2300. Anyway, Monday morning the shop called me and told me that I have to change the block, the water pump (!!!) and the thermostat (!!!). And all these for only $9500... funny, they didn't say anything about the transmission.
The choice was to buy a new van, but never again a Chrysler product.
I feel a little better now. After spending $1700 myself (no labor cost) it worked great for a few thousand miles and now it falls on its face below 2000 rpm with clouds of black smoke. My guesstimate, along with the under and overboost codes, is a cracked seam on the turbo resonator. Holds 70mph no problem when I reset the PCM at highway speed...

And the fan is still stuck on, maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to mess with it, booked off a day for honey do list.

And yes, sleeping in the van in my own driveway

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I feel a little better now. After spending $1700 myself (no labor cost) it worked great for a few thousand miles and now it falls on its face below 2000 rpm with clouds of black smoke. My guesstimate, along with the under and overboost codes, is a cracked seam on the turbo resonator. Holds 70mph no problem when I reset the PCM at highway speed...

And the fan is still stuck on, maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to mess with it, booked off a day for honey do list.

And yes, sleeping in the van in my own driveway
Back in March it had two more breakdowns, first time I had to change the radiator and all hoses, then two or three weeks later worked on the engine, all together costing close to 4K...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back in March it had two more breakdowns, first time I had to change the radiator and all hoses, then two or three weeks later worked on the engine, all together costing close to 4K...
Wife-o-meter says I have over $10,000 into mine in a year, but that includes purchase price. I bought it as a basket case stuck in second gear

Training to own one of the newer vans. My E350 Ford needed nothing for 1 million miles in engine or transmission.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Settled in at the Wild Wacky Waco J.

Fired up the generator for the first time this year. Temp warming up pretty fast.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Ohhhh, would I like a couple of kolaches from the Czech Stop this morning!
Czech Stop

And here I always thought you to be a hot chubby kinda guy. :smug:

Don't blame me, it's on their menu. :mooning:

My better half thinks so .... :D

Yep I've had them as well, but I favor the kolaches.

Reactions: Tennesseahawk