April 2017 locations & Gossip

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
One time when I was with I got a 900 mile load. But, cancelled a few minutes later and found out they moved it to a "yellow box" for less money. I challenged dispatch and they told me they have to go with the $$$ even if it means leaving their own driver sitting.

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One time when I was with I got a 900 mile load. But, cancelled a few minutes later and found out they moved it to a "yellow box" for less money. I challenged dispatch and they told me they have to go with the $$$ even if it means leaving their own driver sitting.

That's pretty bad

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well after no load from Georgetown, decided to dh home. Got a call first thing this morning for a good paying load picking up later this afternoon. Five minutes later get a call from customer service rep and he proceeds to tell me "I'm pulling this load from you this afternoon because I have a truck going that will be unloading at about the same time. So I plead my case to keep the load saying I haven't made enough this week to pay my rent. That doesn't even work. I can see it if I had a good week but when one starts to take money that was already given to me and then taken away I have a problem with that. Of the 18 yrs of driving this has NEVER happened before. Not a happy camper right now.
That is beyond awful especially when you told your situation there would be a few choice words if I was in your shoes for the customer service rep but that is just me...I hope something even better comes your way hang in there

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well after no load from Georgetown, decided to dh home. Got a call first thing this morning for a good paying load picking up later this afternoon. Five minutes later get a call from customer service rep and he proceeds to tell me "I'm pulling this load from you this afternoon because I have a truck going that will be unloading at about the same time. So I plead my case to keep the load saying I haven't made enough this week to pay my rent. That doesn't even work. I can see it if I had a good week but when one starts to take money that was already given to me and then taken away I have a problem with that. Of the 18 yrs of driving this has NEVER happened before. Not a happy camper right now.
That sux, very unfair but typical dispatch. If they can make an extra couple of bucks by stepping over your body, they will. That's why I love my "little" fleet - no games. Sorry for ya'

Just found out that load went on a straight truck. But why? For a $160?

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just found out that load went on a straight truck. But why? For a $160?

If the straight was already picking up for same delivery location. Add it on to straight, cost zero. Shipper may have even came up with it. Either way communication sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Living proof brake fluid does NOT need to changed and doesn NOT get contaminated over time...as per technician one time told me.
Brake fluid is hygroscopic so it can absorb water which is a contaminant. Water also lowers the boiling point. Brake fluid is cheap. Why not replace it at every brake job?
the biggest cause of contamination is the person opening the container and for no good reason...its clear and the only reason it appears to be low is because brake pads are wearing low....change the pads and viola...fluid is back up....
Change the pads and bleed the system of air. Some old fluid will be evacuated during the purge. The more the better. After bleeding the fluid is topped off and viola, the fluid is back up.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Living proof brake fluid does NOT need to changed and doesn NOT get contaminated over time...as per technician one time told me.
Brake fluid is hygroscopic so it can absorb water which is a contaminant. Water also lowers the boiling point. Brake fluid is cheap. Why not replace it at every brake job?
the biggest cause of contamination is the person opening the container and for no good reason...its clear and the only reason it appears to be low is because brake pads are wearing low....change the pads and viola...fluid is back up....
Change the pads and bleed the system of air. Some old fluid will be evacuated during the purge. The more the better. After bleeding the fluid is topped off and viola, the fluid is back up.
Yep that's the only time it gets a little top off when needed...
where does it absorb water ! Where's the source ? It's a sealed system ...
My fluid is fine the shop says...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My fluid is fine the shop says...
4x's I've had brake jobs ...3 in front once rear...

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
[/QUOTE]
My fluid is fine the shop says...[/QUOTE]

What shop ? How did they test it ? Clear does not mean good, necessarily.

It's absorbed from the atmosphere, thru cap seal, caliper seals, rubber hoses, bleeders.

On my track motorcycle, fluid used must be highest wet boiling point available, at $90.00/qt. It must be changed monthly or lever gets way spongy after 10 min on track abuse. That's not good at 165 mph....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I haven't changed my brake fluid either. After 774k miles it still looks like It did the first day.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
One my first techs I met.. I was reaching to open the master cylinder and he stopped me.., no need to remove top.., the source of most contamination IS by removing the top... you can see the level thru the opaque container...

Reactions: RoadTime