April 2017 locations & Gossip

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have to say, I came really close to packing it in this week. If we had a house to return to, I might have.

Monday was pretty awful; it took at least five calls to land a run out of Texas, and that one paid chickensh*t. To cap it off, I managed to tumble out of the van and land on my ass. Between then and now, there's been plenty of Motrin down the hatch, lemme tell ya.

Tuesday and Wednesday nights were spent at the Super 8 in Sheboygan WI.

Thursday found us getting a run from Grafton, Wis to Breinigsville, PA. Best part of that is that it's close to my son's house, so now I get a little grandson time

Meanwhile, one of the runs I lost on Monday was a Dallas to Monterey, CA. It went to a "small straight" for less than .65. So, a dually cube (GVW under 10000 lbs, right?) got to climb the Grapevine with a 400 pound load, getting considerably less than its usual 12 MPG. Enjoy your ramen noodles, Dumbo

Hope you feel better.

I had another ditch the van moment yesterday. After finally paying down some debt, time to add $600 back for a new EGR valve. Seems it's always one step forward, two steps back

But, in the end decided to bite the bullet and order the part

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I never paid that much 400$
Rock auto/ europarts?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had another ditch the van moment yesterday. After finally paying down some debt, time to add $600 back for a new EGR valve. Seems it's always one step forward, two steps back

But, in the end decided to bite the bullet and order the part

You know you can eliminate that for $2.50 right?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well after no load from Georgetown, decided to dh home. Got a call first thing this morning for a good paying load picking up later this afternoon. Five minutes later get a call from customer service rep and he proceeds to tell me "I'm pulling this load from you this afternoon because I have a truck going that will be unloading at about the same time. So I plead my case to keep the load saying I haven't made enough this week to pay my rent. That doesn't even work. I can see it if I had a good week but when one starts to take money that was already given to me and then taken away I have a problem with that. Of the 18 yrs of driving this has NEVER happened before. Not a happy camper right now.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Well after no load from Georgetown, decided to dh home. Got a call first thing this morning for a good paying load picking up later this afternoon. Five minutes later get a call from customer service rep and he proceeds to tell me "I'm pulling this load from you this afternoon because I have a truck going that will be unloading at about the same time. So I plead my case to keep the load saying I haven't made enough this week to pay my rent. That doesn't even work. I can see it if I had a good week but when one starts to take money that was already given to me and then taken away I have a problem with that. Of the 18 yrs of driving this has NEVER happened before. Not a happy camper right now.
That sux, very unfair but typical dispatch. If they can make an extra couple of bucks by stepping over your body, they will. That's why I love my "little" fleet - no games. Sorry for ya'

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That's some big BS!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That sux, very unfair but typical dispatch. If they can make an extra couple of bucks by stepping over your body, they will. That's why I love my "little" fleet - no games. Sorry for ya'

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
I can see it if my week was already set but far from it. Don't know what to do about the rent check yet but hopefully something will work out.

Reactions: RoadTime

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That's some big BS!

Especially if I find out it went to a fleet owners truck.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That's some big BS!

Especially if I find out it went to a fleet owners truck.
I know we're not talking about a whole lot of money ($160) but along with what else I made this week minus weekly deductions would at least pay for my rent. But nooooo he didn't want to hear about it.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know we're not talking about a whole lot of money ($160) but along with what else I made this week minus weekly deductions would at least pay for my rent. But nooooo he didn't want to hear about it.

That kind of makes it worse, why would they jerk you around for that amount!?!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That kind of makes it worse, why would they jerk you around for that amount!?!

I really don't know. He was really a jerk about it.

Reactions: ntimevan