Allow me to introduce another great mechanic, Hino123.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
If you've been in this forum at all, you'll have noticed Hino123 responding to posts. We've spoken, and I'm excited to let you all know that this guy knows as least as much about Hinos as I do (probably more), and he's got a ton of experience working on them. Like myself, he likes the trucks, he understands them inside and out, and he doesn't mind going into detail about how something works and how to fix it.

If someone asks a question and Hino123 answers it, you're getting good information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Thanks guys. I gave up social media and usually find myself doing online training of some sort or another in my spare time. I stumbled across this site while looking for info on a Hino/Denso fuel pump. I know first hand how hard it can be to find info on trucks. I thought that greasytshirt was doing a hell of a job and thought I may be able to offer some assistance. Like greasytshirt I spend 90% or better of my 45 hour work week diagnosing and repairing Hino trucks. With that amount intimacy :blush: on one product ove the course of 8 years you start to know its flaws and stregnths. Id say 75% of the failures I see I have seen before. So most of the stuff you guys run into, I see regularly. Ill help out where and when I can. Thanks for the warm welcome.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So I have to ask what part of Florida and do you do side work?????

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

floridawheels

Active Expediter
[QUOTE="greasytshirt, post: 815618, member: 20235"
Allow me to introduce another great mechanic, Hino123.

If someone asks a question and Hino123 answers it, you're getting good information.[/QUOTE]

"Another"???? Who is the the "Other one"??

LOL... (Big time..!! Mr. Greasy has save my rear more than once..!!!)

Welcome Hino123..!!

natsys

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Welcome, indeed!

Hino123 has been a huge help to me. This is the best 1-2 Hino punch online.

Reactions: Hino123

tlong33

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I hope this thread is still active. I have a 2008 HINO 268 with only about 220k miles. I had it serviced with all new fluids and replaced the Thermostat as it was overheating. Even with the new thermostat the gauge is shooting right in to hot within 10 min of drive time. We used a laser therm to check temp and it read 230-240 degrees. Water pump is pumping, cooling fan is blowing and we don't see any fluid leaks. Any idea as to what to check now?

floridawheels

Active Expediter
I'm sure Greasy T or 123 will respond soon but in the meantime....

1) Check for proper operation of the fan clutch, it can appear to be working because the fan is turning but not be fully engaged and therefore not actually moving nearly enough air.

2) Carefully inspect the front of the radiator to look for junk clogging the air passages. It can be difficult to see accurately but this seems to be a very common issue. Do not attempt to pressure wash through the A/C condenser as you will end up destroying the condenser with the high pressure water.

The professionals (Greasy, 123) may have more suggestions but that will get you started...

Reactions: greasytshirt

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
This isn't the best place to get a reply, as it's in another post. Start a new post and I can give you a hand if you haven't figured it out already.

Jean

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Afternoon sir I have a few hinos 2011s and 2012s I am located in Texas didn't run any of the trucks through the waters but I think I might have gotten some bad gas none of my hinos will do a regen (I have drained the tanks, changed the filters) but cannot get them to do a full regen (lights come on and it sounds like they are trying but will not complete) any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

anthony1079

New Recruit
Quick question Sir, I have a 2009 hino JO8ETV that has broken the rocker arm shaft twice in the last 2 months. Any idea on what cause this problem? Any info would be greatly appriciated