April 2017 locations & Gossip

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
QUESTION for the old timers,. Before NAFTA were the border towns of Texas frequent trips for vans?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mt, after 3 hr wait for consignee to open. Landed at J south of Atlanta. One van ahead of us, 20 hrs dwell time.
If nobody wants to ship with this expensive driver
emoji137.png
, I might join you at night at J. Right now FJ is an hour away.
I'll sit at Petro. But something tells me you will move quick, not as picky on the rates as I am.
emoji5.png
Thought I had posted earlier, weak signel at pick. Loaded Gainsville, GA for Kittery, ME. Grinding along.......

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
QUESTION for the old timers,. Before NAFTA were the border towns of Texas frequent trips for vans?

Since 1997 when I entered this crazy business I've been to Texas exactly 1 time. After deadheading back to Memphis to find a load I tore Texas out of my atlas.

Sent from my top secret underground bunker.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Well the Son-inlaw is starting behind the plate @ Comerica ballpark tonight. One of his proudest moments, he talked about it all weekend and was so geeked about it. I was planning on going but Tuesday morning dispatch made other plans for me. I'll wait until he hits it big time before I blow off work for a baseball game. Its early in the season and he has been laid out once so far with a foul ball. He is paying his dues early on in his career. :D

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I switched from 18 wheeler to CV in 97 and my very first run to a border town in Texas was in 99, while I was running under the "colors" of Conway Now. As far as I remember, I was the only van, yet Conway gave me an empty move to Dallas the same day I delivered...

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Dear carrier,
I know it maybe hard for you to process a request from human beings, and You find it necessary to justify your jobs. But seriously is it nessary to light up my phone and QC with messages so early while I'm sleeping.
Please don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate the fuel discounts and your concern for my safety but I don't need to be woken up and read these,,at least not until I wake up on my own and have a chance to make coffee. When we drive at night like most of us do, isn't it possible to at least wait until normal business hours to do your mass e-mailings. Thank you I will request that these stop once again..:( :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dear carrier,
I know it maybe hard for you to process a request from human beings, and You find it necessary to justify your jobs. But seriously is it nessary to light up my phone and QC with messages so early while I'm sleeping.
Please don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate the fuel discounts and your concern for my safety but I don't need to be woken up and read these,,at least not until I wake up on my own and have a chance to make coffee. When we drive at night like most of us do, isn't it possible to at least wait until normal business hours to do your mass e-mailings. Thank you I will request that these stop once again..:( :D
Can you not unplug the QC from the black box on the wall? My last carrier did that foolishness as well on their path to greatness ...:p

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Dear carrier,
Can you not unplug the QC from the black box on the wall? My last carrier did that foolishness as well on their path to greatness ...:p
Yeah I'm sure I could if I looked up under the dash and followed the cables. But with my luck something would either fry or I'll end up paying for cable repair after the pins in the harness break.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Rolling or will be soon..Guess I forgot to tell the new carrier how much I hated Pizzske.. Oh well I guess the new carrier is entitled to one shot at it. We will see how it goes. Load is paying enough to put up with a little bit of their crap. $$$

Starting day 3 of offers, must be catch and release season.,

Sent from lost in space.
Wrong bait for this time of year?