ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Hi.. I'm Anthony.. But friends call me Myst.. from old Facebook days when you didn't have to use real names... I am 48 have no wife, no kids , no bills.

Figured that not having any of the above expenses I would run off in a van . In that my ex and her bf ran boards for a small company out of TN I figured, wait! I can do this ! and their owner is always looking for more vans to run! I can spend my retirement role playing "Hans Solo" (minus the contraband stuff. Oh come on, before Luke and the old dude came along, you know he was running expedited!) !

I have been planning to make this move past 2 years now , so I have done my 80 tons of research on living out of vans and RV's such as heating and cooling and house battery systems ( BTW unless one plans to spend a week 15 miles away from a highway , solar is not all that . just more parts n pieces to twiddle with)

Right now, I am in the holding pattern ( I guess ya say "stuck in Laredo??") building up funds for first van. Being picky . Want a diesel. Love the smell of diesel exhaust in the mornings.

ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Already know, Xiggi. anything newer than 2014 <?? may be wrong. clutch in mah memory slips> bad ju ju ..particulates emissions crap. If you mentioned "exhaust fluid" to a driver or mechanic back in the 70's and 80's they would have thought you were messing with them.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anything with particulate filters I think 07 on sprinters and at that time they didn't have def fluid just all the other stuff to screw up. Just do your research on whatever you look at.

Reactions: jcochristoph

ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Better yet... Drive someone else's

Sent from my SM-N920V using EO Forums mobile app
Ha HA ..um .. no... my van is going to be my primary residence ... cannot do that in somone else's van. The idea is to have a roof over head that no one can take away ..well, other than thieves. Someone Else doesn't appreciate rigging up gen sets and air con and insulation n such. Point Taken , though .. thanks jcochristoph!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been planning to make this move past 2 years now , so I have done my 80 tons of research on living out of vans and RV's such as heating and cooling and house battery systems ( BTW unless one plans to spend a week 15 miles away from a highway , solar is not all that . just more parts n pieces to twiddle with)
Heddo Kitty. Researching RV and the stealth thing provides some good info but you need to do more research here. Living in a van is one thing, living in a van and making money is another.

Last edited:

ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Make sure you have a residence of record that will at least confirm your paying some amount of rent even if it's with a wink. If not at audit they will not allow per diem deductions which add up to a lot.
Oh Got that covered .. using Mother's addy .. renting room $100 a month ... will do for a few years

Reactions: RoadTime and xiggi

ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Heddo Kitty. Researching RV and the stealth thing provides some good info but you need to do more research here. Living in a van is one thing, living in a van and making money is another.

YEah , Ed , is why I am here :)_ I am also getting lots of good info from ex's BF .. he been running boards and driving for several years .. and my baby brother runs dry vans for Landstar. I have learned A LOT from HIS mistakes.. like never EVER try to drag a torn trailer back home again.. eventually the weigh station office will be on the side with the visible damage :) .

ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
YEah , Ed , is why I am here :)_ I am also getting lots of good info from ex's BF ..
Maybe you should also go here: Topics.forbes.com
Hey Moot?
giphy.gif

Last edited: