New Member Here

Joe Mavrik

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello all, Joe Mavrik here.

I've been trucking locally hauling stone for years. Got talked into OTR trailer work and after 6 weeks decided that it's not for me both financially and emotionally. My partner and broker suggested I try Expedited.

After a year of this....... I'm hooked. I didn't start out with a big truck, or even one that could haul a lot of weight. I bought a 2003 F-650 that just recently sold on the classifieds here. Not much to look at, but she was a heck of a beginner truck and am excited to be building a bigger an better one from scratch..... so to speak.

Is there a specific location for truck builds? Or should I just post it here? I have been lurking in the other parts of the forums finding lots of good information and gadgets.

Glad to be here!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello all, Joe Mavrik here.

I've been trucking locally hauling stone for years. Got talked into OTR trailer work and after 6 weeks decided that it's not for me both financially and emotionally. My partner and broker suggested I try Expedited.

After a year of this....... I'm hooked. I didn't start out with a big truck, or even one that could haul a lot of weight. I bought a 2003 F-650 that just recently sold on the classifieds here. Not much to look at, but she was a heck of a beginner truck and am excited to be building a bigger an better one from scratch..... so to speak.

Is there a specific location for truck builds? Or should I just post it here? I have been lurking in the other parts of the forums finding lots of good information and gadgets.

Glad to be here!
Welcome to the madness.... don't know about truck builds per se, but I would post in the truck talk forum.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
couple of places to check out are freightliner of knoxville tn, tsi north jackson oh
they are great dealers, they know trucks

Reactions: Joe Mavrik

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I bought my truck from Ellenbaum. MAKE SURE YOU BRING A CERTIFIED MACHANIC WITH YOU. Some trucks there he doesn't know the history on. I had a mechanic go with me and I was happy with the price and what was found out about the truck.

Reactions: ucfd608

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

He doesnt build trucks, just sells trucks and most of what he has are bought wholesale or auction. Good option for those just getting started though but inspect, inspect, inspect !!!

There are really 4 dealerships that specialize in building expedite trucks.

Middle Georgia Freightliner { Macon, GA }
Knoxville Freightliner { Knoxville, TN }
FYDA Freightliner { Columbus, OH }
Stoops { Truck Country } Freightliner { Indianapolis, IN }

There are a few others as mentioned !!

Joe Mavrik

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I'm sorry guys. I should have been more specific.

Is there a place on the forum here specific to truck builds. I am currently having one built and wanted to show the progress.