March Madness @ CRE

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Hey wom, we don't need no more stinkin units, that's EXACTLY what happened to this industry overall which used to be the best kept secret in trucking there was!
Hey everybody, look how much $ I'm making not working for a living, getting paid to be on vacation!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using EO Forums mobile app

Precisely why we stopped bringing on trucks that aren't already in the industry. And experienced. There's just NO need for any additional units right now.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Actually, I was being somewhat sarcastic. I'm not worried about competition within my company, (I have full faith in the CRE's business acumen), but anyone who's been around this industry awhile could name some initially successful carriers who did bloat and sink.
Also, carrier jumpers often are new to this and I've heard too many say they signed with......" because I read/heard their drivers saying how many miles they're getting"....
I think we really have to watch what we say on here especially as it has a stronger effect than even I realize sometimes. Come to think about it, that could apply to all the social media comments we make.

Reactions: Murraycroexp

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would not be too concerned about what you say I'm sure not !
People have to learn and understand that this business is so individualized that you cannot really categorize anyone as we all have different needs and targets .where one person may be doing well another may not...this business is like a witches'-brew a little bit of this a little bit of that and if you're real lucky you just might come through this experience on the plus side
At one time there was a number tossed around that eight out of 10 and that recruiting room will not be here in one year from now

Reactions: jcochristoph

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Just got a load from Baton Rouge to Asheville NC. Krap, what a lousy load. This job sux! I can't believe I am making so little for so much work. Why would anyone chose to do this? Just slam your thumb with a hammer to see what expediting is like

There, is that better?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
That's simply not true at all, OVM.... you know you are an icon!
Some of us hang on your every word!
Happy and a safe St Pat's day to you all!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
those extra shower credits are worth money...100 points for booking on the app....100 = $1.00 just don't give Pilot back the dollars....5 credits = $5.00...