February 2017 locations and more

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered this morning 3 hours late because they weren't open at 6 AM, which is weird because I've unloaded at this place in the middle of the night. Decided to DH home to Lawrenceville,GA and now I have a 6 PMPU going to Roanoke,IN for a Monday AM delivery.
LOL..NEVER admit guilt....YOU were not late....customer made a mistake and did not have updated files....their mistake......
Like you never hit a deer...the deer hits you...its the deers fault....:p

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Stop what your doing...I just did and am now sitting on the side of the road for awhile.:D
Tune in to live NRATV...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
From 2009....
Today, we’re publicly announcing our Highway Serial Killings initiative to raise awareness among law enforcement agencies and the general public about this issue and our unique assistance on these cases.

First, some background. The victims in these cases are primarily women who are living high-risk, transient lifestyles, often involving substance abuse and prostitution. They’re frequently picked up at truck stops or service stations and sexually assaulted, murdered, and dumped along a highway.

The suspects are predominantly long-haul truck drivers. But the mobile nature of the offenders, the unsafe lifestyles of the victims, the significant distances and multiple jurisdictions involved, and the scarcity of witnesses or forensic evidence can make these cases tough to solve.

also: about 4 percent of CEOs are psychopaths, which is nearly four times the rate in the general population.
Your CEO Is Probably a Psychopath

http://chiefexecutive.net/many-ceos-may-be-productive-narcissists/

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well dang it, at least a dozen zip ties in the house. Think I could at least find one!

Spring is in the air for mischief?

Over the last two days I've found chicken nuggets in odd places. This also happened last year with varies food items.
Yesterday I found one on my electric box next to my house door. I don't know how good squirrels (and I do have lots of them) can climb up siding or a small metal coil leading to it, but there it was. Same as last year.

Today I found one placed on my gate latch o_O

Now either I have them most talented squirrels, or someone is messing with me. To place it on my electric box, if a person, someone would have to be brazen enough to enter my yard through a closed gate up to my house, and also the gate was still closed when I found it (at least their courteous). I'm thinking security camera, locking the gates :rolleyes:

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
JuJu and I just watched a special on squirrels and just how smart they are.....and yes they climb siding with pin like claws...they watch and learn....it was amazing at the acrobatics and problem solving skills....

Reactions: Hummer53

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well dang it, at least a dozen zip ties in the house. Think I could at least find one!

Over the last two days I've found chicken nuggets in odd places. This also happened last year with varies food items.
Yesterday I found one on my electric box next to my house door. I don't know how good squirrels (and I do have lots of them) can climb up siding or a small metal coil leading to it, but there it was. Same as last year.

Now either I have them most talented squirrels, or someone is messing with me. To place it on my electric box, if a person, someone would have to be brazen enough to enter my yard through a closed gate up to my house, and also the gate was still closed when I found it (at least their courteous). I'm thinking security camera, locking the gates :rolleyes:

That's very strange. Are they McD nuggets?

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I used to have neighbor as a kid, we would unscrew her porch light, every few nights... she bought a lot of light bulbs.

Lost in Space.

Reactions: brokcanadian

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There’s no doubt about it, squirrels are smart. Just check out the vast number of online videos showing squirrels running through people’s homemade obstacle courses just to get to a nut or two. I have to imagine these people, spending their evenings dreaming up new ways to get a squirrel to try a few more acrobatics so it can munch on some bird seed in the end.

“Hi, honey, how was your day?”

“I can’t talk now. I just thought of a perfect new addition to the squirrel run. It’s got rope and windmills and pipe, and oh, it’s gonna be GREAT!”

“Well, at least have some dinner.”

“Can’t eat now. I have to draw it out on paper. Where’s my protractor?!”

The amazing thing is, squirrels do figure out how to get through these elaborate obstacle courses. They’ll run and jump and hang upside down, and risk their lives to the immense pleasure of the people who dream up these squirrel runs. Imagine that morning phone call, “Hi, boss? I can’t come in. Today, the squirrels are trying to figure out how to get the food I put out for them.” Do these people take squirrel days instead of sick days?

Then, there are the people whose neighbors snicker about how they talk to the trees. They name each squirrel in their backyard – heaven only knows how they keep track of each one – and then they go outside with a handful of seeds and call up into the trees. Some of the squirrels seem to respond. They know which names they’ve been given, or at least recognize the tone of voice, and, although they are still wild, they figure out when it’s their turn to grab some chow. Hey, we all need a hobby, right?

Usually, when we hear or read something about how intelligent squirrels are, we assume they are only using their smarts to obtain food. So, one of our clients was surprised when he witnessed a squirrel attempting to free another squirrel. No food was involved, simply heroics.

We had been asked to set out traps to get rid of a squirrel infestation on a large property. The squirrels were causing a lot of damage and posing a health and safety risk. We were catching 40 to 50 squirrels over a six week period. One day, this client looked out his window and noticed a squirrel caught in one of our traps. Another squirrel was repeatedly running into it, banging it again and again. It would stop every now and then to check on the progress of its work, and then set to bumping it just a little bit further. Finally, the trap fell off the retaining wall. It didn’t break the trap, but the squirrel was trying everything it could think of to spring his friend from capture.

Yes, squirrels are smart, and amazing animals. They still cause a lot of property damage and bring infestations and smells into your home or business. Let’s admire them, even build obstacle courses for them or give them names, but let’s keep them at a distance.