The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We shall see if there is more to this and Spicer is replaced.
Ex-Navy SEAL denies report he's in talks to replace Spicer as press secretary
It's nearly impossible to be both the White House press secretary and the Communications Director. I have no idea which job Spicer would prefer, but he's spent most of his career in the relative behind-the-scenes public affairs and communications director roles in the Navy and the RNC. The Press Pool doesn't like Spicer because he's too terse and cuts them off, and doesn't allow much in the way of followups. I do think someone from journalism, like a newspaper reporter or a news anchor, tends to make the better press secretaries. They understand what the people sitting in the briefing room wants, and how to give it to them.
Agree. Though it looks like Higbee would be more of the same, from the limited amount I've seen of him.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was a fan of Tony Snow. Not because we were in band together in high school, or because his dad was one of my teachers, but because Tony had journalism in his blood and he was good at it. He was the editor of the school paper, and went on to have a classic career as a print journalist, editor and columnist. And just as other Press Secretaries like him, he understood journalism, what reporters needed and why, and how to give them what they need without necessarily giving them what they wanted really badly but didn't necessarily need to know.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Interesting info about you and Snow. :cool:
I wanted to see someone like David Martosko( journalist from the Daily Mail)become spokesman. He interviewed for the job, but didn't get it though.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I didn't know Tony all that well. We were in Marching, Symphonic and Jazz bands together, which is a common denominator and and equalizer, but he was 3 years ahead of me in school, so we really didn't hang out in the same social circles outside of the music department. But what was most remarkable about him was that he was first chair trombone in Symphonic Band, and was also lead tenor sax in Jazz Ensemble and would crank out some very innovative, head-turning jazz flute solos. He also played guitar very well, both rock and classical Spanish guitar, and clearly had taken piano lessons his entire life. I played trumpet. That's it. Just trumpet.

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Refugees that have entered the US since the restraining order was put in place to stop the Executive Order:

Iran (84)
Iraq (151)
Somalia (68)
Sudan (24)
Syria (248)

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Joy Villa, the 25-year old singer/songwriter from southern California, wore this dress to the Grammys.

1486943552608.jpg

And Twitter lost it's collective mind. :JC-hysterical:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Will she make it out of the Grammy show alive?
50/50
There are plenty of tolerant, liberal, peaceful protesters who are calling for her death on Twitter.

Here's her fashion choice from last year's Grammys... where she won "Most Outrageous Look"...

56c276461d00002700df5ffd.jpeg

Ironically, she's the walking embodiment of diversity. Her father is half Irish and half mutt-American, and her mother is
half black and half Choctaw Indian. Most of her fame and acclaim as an actress and singer came when she was in her teens, and she continues to act and sing a little today, but she is a successful clothing designer, record producer and songwriter, mostly in the jazz, pop, and rock genres. She's been on tour singing rock & roll for the better part of the last 2 years. She's married to Danish writer and world-renowned photographer Thorsten von Overgaard.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Refugees that have entered the US since the restraining order was put in place to stop the Executive Order:

Iran (84)
Iraq (151)
Somalia (68)
Sudan (24)
Syria (248)
not quite a ban? eh?
Well, no, it's not a ban at all. The District judge in Washington made sure of that. If it weren't for the judge's restraining order lifting the ban, then refugees from Iran, Iraq, Somalia and Sudan would still be on a 90 day hold, and the 248 from Syria would be on indefinite hold.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Former Family Ties actress tweeting stuff.
And that's newsworthy because?
I think it's newsworthy because the number of Republican Senators who confirmed Flynn is exactly the same number as the number of Democrat Senators who confirmed Flynn.

That number being, of course, zero.

So, it's newsworthy because Hollywood mega-star Justine Bateman stood up in front of the entire world, waved her arms, and screamed, "Look at me! I'm an IDIOT!"

and the world agreed.

Reactions: RoadTime

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Instead of Hollywood running down yall maybe it's time to stop watching thier movies,tv shows and music because hit them in the pocket book like they do us

Reactions: Turtle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
shes a mega star?....besides Family Ties never heard of her.....

net worth.....she is broke at 5 at only mill$..and appears can't hold a job long.....LOL