Phones Verizon unlimited data plan starts tomorrow

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Price stays the same for me, I'll switch for now.
But definitely look into Cricket Wireless(uses Verizon coverage) for $65 unlimited everything with fastest Internet and no throttle on speed with any consumption.

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was talking to a guy yesterday he said it was Verizon coverage, and no cap or throttle.
Maybe he was talking out of his heiney.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, this is really wild for me. Able to do so many things now. What many take for granted, this is a new frontier for me...

a1e94f89c6e5a356ea912a1a8f6a1da2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Is the mobile Hotspot included in the unlimited plan or it costs extra?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
so can i..parked next to a Starbucks...adjoining lot with a Target....Amazon Prime last night...and CBS

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
ShowBox, psst...
You have to get it outside the Google play store, but it's safe, scanned.
Tablet emulator installs it on laptop as well.
You didn't hear it from me.
Possibility is endless now with unlimited. Forget paying for Netflix or redbox - watch for free

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
what the heck good is 3G? My apple phone won't do crap on that connection.....it does more when its in 1x mode...
The reason is so people aren't using their hot spots instead of cable/satellite. Btw 3g is faster in most countries than LTE is in US/Canada. It's over saturated here.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here's a rundown of the gotchas of the new unlimited plan.

You do lose employer and education discounts with the unlimited plan.

You MUST set up automatic payments via your checking account or a debit card. That's kind of a deal breaker with me, because a few years ago they suddenly slapped a $5 fee on people wanting to pay with their credit card and tried to force everyone into paying with their checking account directly. The backlash caused them to withdraw that, but it still irks me that they really, really, badly want people to pay directly with their checking account. I use Bill Pay at the bank to pay them, usually, so I end up paying them that way as it is, but they don't get my bank account and routing number along with it for them to have it hacked at some time in the future.

The other deal breaker (for me) is the 10 GB on tether and then having it drop to 3G speeds after that. I do between 70-100 GB a month. Currently, with 16 days left to go in my billing cycle, I've used 39.09 gigs. 3G speeds can be as fast as 1.6mbit/sec, but averages out to about 850 kbit/sec. That can turn a 15 minute download into a 3 hour download.

For most people, unless you regularly go to at least 30 GB per month, the new unlimited plan is the way to go. My current (grandfathered) plan is
  • Plan: NATIONWIDE TALK 900
  • Account Access (phone plan): $59.99
  • Data (unlimited): $49.99
  • Messages (500): $10.00
  • Products & Apps (Tethering): $30.00
That totals $149.98

$80 a month looks a lot better, but dropping to 3G after only the first few days of the month looks horrendous.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
AT&T has even joined the club by dropping the direct TV requirement for their unlimited plan. But they're pretty pricey.
I'm switching today to T Mobile One plan 2 lines unlimited for $100 including taxes and fees.

Reactions: Turtle

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok so after seeing the TV add I went to Verizon app on my IPhone 7+. Simple switch to unlimited plan and my estimated monthly bill decreased by a full $20. And I was not required to enroll in auto pay. But, you can save an additional $5 monthly if you do the auto pay along with paperless billing. Yes, I lost my 5% discount, but the bottom line is I now have more data for $20 less each month. And that's without the extra $5 discount for auto pay and after losing my 5% business plan discount.
a8f5bdfa7ec0643a67583ac176d10bb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums