Jan..2017 locations & more

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ford transit came in a couple thousand less...dual sliding doors, diesel, lots of power upfitter goodies lane departure heated mirrors tow pkg etc. But sprinter was loaded too...on to Promaster

Oh and claimed payload of 3640 (9500 GVW 350), MB didn't even mention it

Forgot to mention sprinter had full extra insulation front and rear, insulated windshield and factory-installed heater and controller

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just cold... cold=cranky

Speaking of cold. I just got a quote back on installing a per-heater on my Sprinter from ThermoKing.

Received your request about a preheater for your Sprinter.
Espar makes a D5 coolant heater.
You are looking at the following prices.
Espar D5 hydronic coolant kit : $1,930.00
Installation kit: $388.00
7 Day timer controller : $209.00
Installation approximately $892.00

$3419 before tax? Yeah, that's not going to happen on this van :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seems like its pretty easy to option out a Promaster diesel to match the ford price. No huge packages, just a bunch of options that just keep adding up

Dual sliding doors on the Promaster too. But why cant I get a swivel seat that's heated with lumbar? It's either or

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Seems like its pretty easy to option out a Promaster diesel to match the ford price. No huge packages, just a bunch of options that just keep adding up

Dual sliding doors on the Promaster too. But why cant I get a swivel seat that's heated with lumbar? It's either or
Remember .... PM diesel is called an Automatic ....BUT there is No Park .....only R N D .... you must set parking brake ....

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: brokcanadian

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

Remember .... PM diesel is called an Automatic ....BUT there is No Park .....only R N D .... you must set parking brake ....

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

It is an Automated Manual Transmission, basically, a manual transmission that the computer shifts the gears for you. As a manual, it doesn't have a park, so you can leave it in drive, just like you would leave a manual in 1st gear. This would be the Promaster that I would get if I had to buy one.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
emoji6.png
It is an Automated Manual Transmission, basically, a manual transmission that the computer shifts the gears for you. As a manual, it doesn't have a park, so you can leave it in drive, just like you would leave a manual in 1st gear. This would be the Promaster that I would get if I had to buy one.
I'd be blissfully happy to toss the AMT in the trash and install a european manual, but that would be a great excuse for the mechanics to NOT fix it and blame me on the road

So OVM, the Ford had a special option on the diesel to bring the 9500 GVWR to 9950...3.73 gearing! (Stock 3.31) Basically confirming the weight limit has nothing to do with safety but mostly the durability of the vehicle as a whole...

Last thought of the day...its a 15,000 discount to buy 2 years old with 30,000 miles on the clock...none of those factory options would help the freight get down the road better, it would just pamper my lazy ass