Jan..2017 locations & more

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
For E O readers .... see Scale ticket for My 2017 3500 EXT Promaster ... Full gas tank ... my Butt in drivers seat ... clothes ... Honda 2000e size genetator .. straps ... E-trac fastened to 2x10s that are fastened to D-rings on floor ... freight /sleeper dividing door ... bed/ bedding... some insulation ... Big Buddy heater

a8791c1c0672cfa5ad788559a229ffe5.jpg

GVW is 9350 .......
Hmmmm ...3290 difference .. i have showed you the dated ticket ... No rooftop AC ... No Batteries -bank .. and not set up as great as others show ... i still have more insulation to add and some personal items to put in next time .. so i am guessing 6200 or less lbs. when done ...
Legally ... 3150 lbs for frieght .. but 3000 lbs.. is max i allow

So where does the 4000 lbs .. of frieght capacity come from ... that has been Claimed on EO ...
Hmmm ... i know my passenger seat doesn't weigh 850 lbs ...
Info posted for readers use

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app
There ya go with that "legal" thingee again... :pokepoke:

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Knowing and understanding GVWR is important because it tells you explicitly the maximum weight of passengers and cargo you can safely carry in your truck or SUV. GVWR is the total combined weight of truck, including all passengers, fuel, fluids and cargo.
In regards to CV's it says "safely" carry... since there is no regulations except good ole fashion common sense.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For E O readers .... see Scale ticket for My 2017 3500 EXT Promaster
MANY thanks, ntimevan

After a quick internet search, the 4000 lb seems to come from the quoted base curb weight of a short low roof 118" WB and some vague language (quote the lightest one's weight and talk up the biggest one's size)

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There ya go with that "legal" thingee again... :pokepoke:
Just trying to give You material for posting tomorrow ... i hate to see you Speechless ...

Wow ... its 16° in Western Michigan ... 10 ° warmer than home in Iowa ...

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app
Not me....but thanks...I have a 11 am EST pick going to Santa Fe....:p
and personally I couldn't give a rats azz about what any of ya carry......;)

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Not me....but thanks...I have a 11 am EST pick going to Santa Fe....:p
and personally I couldn't give a rats azz about what any of ya carry......;)
You coming back to Texas or turning it over to me? We will be in DFW area tonight for a morning drop.. can't believe you are going in the opposite direction of free hot dogs!

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
my opinion....it won't be worth your while....putting someone in van that is...

From a monetary standpoint, I think it is. I have to go over averages again to see if it'll be somewhat profitable.
if you only think of the money yeah...
you'll need a good driver.....a rookie will break you...at these rates a rookie will drive the wheels off your van to make a buck...would you live on 40% or 60% and you pay the fuel?...1 major breakdown will wipeout almost all your gains in a hurry...especially where a good size tow is involved...either way...good luck...