2016 Dodge Promaster

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
The USPS order 9,000 2016 Promasters with the 3.6 Pentastar last year. I wonder how these are holding up?
Wrong forum but I wonder if Mr T will continue to bring mail trucks in from Mexico?

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
And as I post this I am sitting in Performance Transmission in Murfreesboro TN

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The USPS order 9,000 2016 Promasters with the 3.6 Pentastar last year. I wonder how these are holding up?
Wrong forum but I wonder if Mr T will continue to bring mail trucks in from Mexico?

why? They were never ever built here....NO jobs were ever lost....in fact, jobs were created in US and Canada being that parts were vendored out to assemble on this continent...its all PLUS no negative.
all he could do is force the USPS to buy from say Ford for the Transit or Mercedes for The Sprinter..since they are now making them here...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
why? They were never ever built here....NO jobs were ever lost....in fact, jobs were created in US and Canada being that parts were vendored out to assemble on this continent...its all PLUS no negative.
all he could do is force the USPS to buy from say Ford for the Transit or Mercedes for The Sprinter..since they are now making them here...
Are you saying the vehicles used prior to the Promaster weren't built here? If they were then yes it could be jobs lost.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Are you saying the vehicles used prior to the Promaster weren't built here? If they were then yes it could be jobs lost.
Not to mention, somewhere they decided to NOT build the plant here in the first place. However. I almost said "as an American company" but then I realized that it has been a long time since they were an American company.

That being said, I do believe that our government should buy vehicles made here if at all possible

Reactions: piper1 and RoadTime

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No the Promaster is the Fiat Ducato imported from Europe... went directly to Mexico

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not to mention, somewhere they decided to NOT build the plant here in the first place. However. I almost said "as an American company" but then I realized that it has been a long time since they were an American company.

That being said, I do believe that our government should buy vehicles made here if at all possible

Daimler Chrysler is still an American company in essence and I imagine the bidding process is open to all...

bikerpaul

Expert Expediter
Well after making my morning run yesterday, the engine was making more noise than ever. I called the boss, and he finally said to have the mechanic to look it over. When the mechanic heard the noises coming from the engine, he put the truck out of service. Now it's a waiting game to see just what is wrong with the engine, and how long it's going to take to repair.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
They replaced lifters and rockers arms on mine in September at 134,000. Transmission at 144,000.

Charity's Van

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
my diesel is still in the dealer shop for transmission issues, been down since may. at this dealer 10 weeks.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been watching the story. The dealers / manufacturers are very skilled at the runaround, making you think they're on it...had a Mazda myself that lost an engine due to their defective rear heater hoses, everybody refused to help up to the president of Mazda but by that time 2 years later I did it myself for $1000 and said to hell with them

Never again will I buy a vehicle from a manufacturer or a dealer. Anyone in my family that wants to ever speak to me again won't either.

I do appreciate all of you that freely give your money away so I can buy used later. For me it's a lifetime ban. Being in the US I'd be suing for vehicle and loss of income, in Charity's case