2016 Dodge Promaster

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Keep us posted. As the PM and Transits start to add up miles, it's good to see how they hold up for expediting. Although results will vary, it's better then having no information to go by.
Not sure why you deleted this?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Was angry and although completely correct felt I should sleep on it before I went thru with it to be sure.

Reactions: RoadTime

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I'll repost...

I have waited to post this in the hopes that Chrysler would assist with my issue. Not even 10,000 miles after they replaced rocker arms and lifters on my gas engine promaster, the transmission failed. I bought this on Oct 13, 2015 and transmission failed on Nov 17, 2016, 13 months and 4 days. They are charging me $4,600 for a remanufactured transmission to replace it. This vehicle has been meticulously maintained and now has 144,814 miles on it.

I question now the reliability of this vehicle. I know things can and will happen but after 13 months now have had to have engine work and a new transmission. What else is going to fail.

I have never overloaded or overstressed this vehicle (never within 500 lbs of gvwr) and rarely drive more than 70 mph. I am anal about maintenance and have complete records too.

Bottom line, I loved this vehicle when I could count on it being reliable. But I cannot in good conscience recommend it to anyone to use for expedite work.

Reactions: Charity's Van

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll repost...

I have waited to post this in the hopes that Chrysler would assist with my issue. Not even 10,000 miles after they replaced rocker arms and lifters on my gas engine promaster, the transmission failed. I bought this on Oct 13, 2015 and transmission failed on Nov 17, 2016, 13 months and 4 days. They are charging me $4,600 for a remanufactured transmission to replace it. This vehicle has been meticulously maintained and now has 144,814 miles on it.

I question now the reliability of this vehicle. I know things can and will happen but after 13 months now have had to have engine work and a new transmission. What else is going to fail.

I have never overloaded or overstressed this vehicle (never within 500 lbs of gvwr) and rarely drive more than 70 mph. I am anal about maintenance and have complete records too.

Bottom line, I loved this vehicle when I could count on it being reliable. But I cannot in good conscience recommend it to anyone to use for expedite work.
Thanks for giving us the story albeit you are angry and that is understandable. I've had my doubts also but have held my tongue until the jury came back. In the long run hope it works out for you.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
On the flipside of story is NTimevan...and his just turned 300,000 miles of flawless performance....so still undecided here....

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On the flipside of story is NTimevan...and his just turned 300,000 miles of flawless performance....so still undecided here....
And i met a Fellow RRE driver last night who has 371,000 miles on his PM... an early 2014 model .... only problems changed out 3 faulty radiators ... but yet he loves it.... sooooo ... its still a Love or Hate Jury out here ...

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: schwanman

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And i met a Fellow RRE driver last night who has 371,000 miles on his PM... an early 2014 model .... only problems changed out 3 faulty radiators ... but yet he loves it.... sooooo ... its still a Love or Hate Jury out here ...

that is more of a quality control problem from a supplier then a Dodge production problem....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It seems.to.be.the.same.story with all the long.and tall. Sprinter, Promaster, transit. One off.the line is good the next one has issues.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It seems.to.be.the.same.story with all the long.and tallest. Sprinter, Promaster, transit. One off.the line is good the next one has issues.
exactly....pick one off the lot and keep your fingers crossed you picked the good one...or one with least problems...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know someone directly with a 2015 sprinter that's spent 30,000 over 2 years in repairs and maintenance. Pick your poison

bikerpaul

Expert Expediter
The Promasters at Yark are 2014 models. Around 80,000 miles the engines are failing and have to be rebuilt. Mine now has 79,000 miles on the clock, and it is making a lot of strange noises. I expect it will let lose any day now. Management has been notified. I'll post again when it happens.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The USPS order 9,000 2016 Promasters with the 3.6 Pentastar last year. I wonder how these are holding up?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The USPS order 9,000 2016 Promasters with the 3.6 Pentastar last year. I wonder how these are holding up?
I still have friends working at USPS from when i left in 2003 ... stated to me that employees are liking the front wheel drive , the more stand-up room .... most PMs will only have 5000 to 7000 miles put on them a year ... so hard to evalueate the longevitie there ... i drove the Chevy S-10 Long Life Vehicle ( crap) for 17 years while at the USPS ...