Classic Movie Saturday

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
I have seen it, but this weekend my son, wife and I will watch Sling Blade for the first time. It came highly recommended from a couple co-workers.

MikeDamone

Not a Member
Researching
Not a classic, but on Saturday I watched "Bucky Larson: Born to be a star." Run as far away as you can from this steaming pile of crap.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Make sure the chipmunks are well fed so they can crank the DVR non-stop Friday 9/2 starting about 5 in the morning for 11 Falcon movies back to back. The first 4 are with George Sanders as The Falcon and the last 7 are the real ones with Tom Conway as The Falcon.

Reactions: Ragman

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
We doubled up this past Saturday; after Road to Utopia, we watched a James Garner favorite: "Support Your Local Sheriff!"

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's time to settle in for a special Labor Day Weekend edition if Classic Movie Saturday.

Today's viewing will include Silkwood and 9 To 5 for Ragmama, but we will begin with Normal Rae.

Smiley31-1.gif

Reactions: TeamPaul and Turtle

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Tomorrow TCM has a few interesting options if you like eclectic. Oh, God at 01:00, Attack of the 50 Foot Woman at 07:15, a Bowery Boys movie, Jalopy, at 09:30, and the original A Star is Born at 19:00 plus a few others that some would also like. And if you want to stretch to Sunday there's Casablanca at 19:00 and The Dirty Dozen at 21:00.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, boys and girls, guess what time it is........ yes, it is indeed.. Classic Movie Saturday........

Today, since we are truckers, we figured why not trucker movies...... Duh!

Here we go........
On the schedule, we will be seeing from 1975... White Line Fever...... followed by Over the Top..... and if course, we will begin with ... Duel.

Reactions: fastman_1

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
We took in Lethal Weapon (1987) and 48 Hours (1982) this past weekend... love those movies.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Today's classics were a bit different. It was classic murder mysteries on TV.

For the most part it was a Murder, She Wrote marathon.
Oh, that Jessica Fletcher.... such a brilliant woman...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw the remake of the original Magnificent 7 which was a remake of sorts. :toilet:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't really want to see any of them remade. It's never as good as the original.