New Load One Gold Rewards Program!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy...
3. A commercial motor vehicle (CMV) is defined as:

This question was answered incorrectly
a. A vehicle with a gross weight over 26,001 lbs
spacer.gif
X b. A vehicle transporting hazardous materials
c. A vehicle transporting 16 or more passengers
d. All of the above

The definition in the question, as asked, very narrowly lists the definitions for Commercial Drivers License Standards for the requirements to have a CDL. If you drive a vehicle that meets the criteria of A, B or C then you have to possess a CDL. These are listed in § 383.5: Definitions. And ONLY applies to drivers and their employees (as is stated in § 383.3: Applicability) to "every person who operates a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) in interstate, foreign, or intrastate commerce, to all employers of such persons, and to all States."

Beyond the very narrow scope of applicability of requiring to have a CDL, the full definition of a CMV is found in § 390.5: Definitions and applies to the vehicles themselves, as is stated in § 390.3: General applicability ("applicable to all employers, employees, and commercial motor vehicles, which transport property or passengers in interstate commerce.").

Commercial motor vehicle means any self-propelled or towed motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property when the vehicle—

(1) Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or gross vehicle weight or gross combination weight, of 4,536 kg (10,001 pounds) or more, whichever is greater; or

(2) Is designed or used to transport more than 8 passengers (including the driver) for compensation; or

(3) Is designed or used to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for compensation; or

(4) Is used in transporting material found by the Secretary of Transportation to be hazardous under 49 U.S.C. 5103 and transported in a quantity requiring placarding under regulations prescribed by the Secretary under 49 CFR, subtitle B, chapter I, subchapter C.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy...

The definition in the question, as asked, very narrowly lists the definitions for Commercial Drivers License Standards for the requirements to have a CDL. If you drive a vehicle that meets the criteria of A, B or C then you have to possess a CDL. These are listed in § 383.5: Definitions. And ONLY applies to drivers and their employees (as is stated in § 383.3: Applicability) to "every person who operates a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) in interstate, foreign, or intrastate commerce, to all employers of such persons, and to all States."

Beyond the very narrow scope of applicability of requiring to have a CDL, the full definition of a CMV is found in § 390.5: Definitions and applies to the vehicles themselves, as is stated in § 390.3: General applicability ("applicable to all employers, employees, and commercial motor vehicles, which transport property or passengers in interstate commerce.").

Forwarding to our provider to have them take a look at it. Thank you for the feedback!

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Forwarding to our provider to have them take a look at it. Thank you for the feedback!
{TURTLE} -

You have recently had a change in your point balance.

New Points Reason
100 Daily trivia question regarding CMV definition. Answered correctly but marked wrong.

Woot! Please forward my thanks. :)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Load One Drivers the results are in!

The winner of the Monthly Rewards Contest in the Load One Gold Rewards Program for the month of August is Robert Longfellow!!! 50,000 points will be added to your Gold Rewards account.

Additionally we would like to announce that the Rewards Contest for September will be done using the Daily Trivia quiz. You are able to answer one trivia question each day regarding the transportation industry and at the end of the month the top ten drivers with the most correct answers will be entered into the raffle for a chance to win 50,000 points.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: SWTexas1 and Turtle

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
The winner of the Monthly Rewards Contest in the Load One Gold Rewards Program for the month of February is Mark Denison!!! 50,000 points will be added to your Gold Rewards account.
Additionally we would like to announce that the Rewards Contest for November will be done using the Daily Trivia quiz. You are able to answer one trivia question each day regarding the transportation industry and at the end of the month the top ten drivers with the most correct answers will be entered into the raffle for a chance to win 50,000 points.
Where do you find the daily trivia question? It’s simple.
First log in to your Load One Gold Rewards account. Then click on the Opportunities tab at the top of the page, choose Quizzes and select the Daily Trivia quiz.
You are allowed to answer one question each day and will receive points for correct answers.

Reactions: Turtle

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Although I love the rewards program and the new training format, I'm not thrilled with my tablets suggestion everyday day when I enter my log in name

701d2a45991a8e8203430ab8c217d182.png

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums