Apps App issues

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Using android phone app. No "like" button available . Unable to quote. Unread count is wrong. Have not tried the share button.

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
No like option, page for carrier forums messed up... Lots of blank spaces and when carrier forums selected gives me unrelated forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No like option, page for carrier forums messed up... Lots of blank spaces and when carrier forums selected gives me unrelated forums
That doesn't happen on the full Tapatalk app, but it sure does on the EO app. I don't deal with the Tapatalk/EO apps, so I really don't know what the issue is. I can't even get the EO app to allow me to reply to anything, much less quote someone in a reply.

There is an incompatibility between the Tapatalk 3.x plugin and the Post Ratings plugin. When Post Ratings is installed the ability to "like" a post in Tapatalk (and thus the EO app) is removed. The "like" situation will be fixed with a patch hopefully on Monday, and the same code in the patch will be integrated into the next update for the Post Ratings addon. The developers of Tapatalk and Post Ratings got together and created the patch.

I don't know if that patch will fix all the other problems or not. I know for sure that it fixes at least one other problem with the editing of posts.

In the meantime you can always use the full Tapatalk app, or my own personal recommendation which is not necessarily reflective of EO or anyone else, is to use the Web browser to view EO on the phone and tablets. You have far more functionality, including access to all of the Post Ratings.

Also, cannot find any drop down menu for designating myself as a veteran.
I don't think you can do that on the app. You'll need to use a full Web browser to edit your profile. That can be on a laptop or on the phone.

jcochristoph

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thank you....my previous post resulted from exhaustion combined with frustration....I really wasn't directing it to you per se.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow. Just updated my EO android app. Looks pretty good, now I just got to find my way around.

Reactions: Lawrence