March 2016, where are you going ??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol... just had the head of Accounting call me and asked why i scanned in my payroll ... i said because it has to be in by Monday noon ... she exsplained because of holiday i had to Noon tomorrow to scan it in ... i said i wish i knew that because i am delivering later tonight ... She said no problem she will add it to last weeks paperwork and i will receive payment on Saturday ... :D:D
That surprises me...Americans don't even celebrate Easter really...that anyone knows that Monday is included in the 4 day weekend...OR she was just pointing out that Friday was an off day and they need that extra day to catch up
Easter Monday in the United States

Easter Monday is not a federal holiday. Most aspects of public life are not any different to any other Monday. Public transit systems usually run their regular Monday schedule in many parts of the United States.

Though not largely observed in the United States, the day remains informally observed in some areas such as the state of North Dakota, where there is no school on Easter Monday, and some cities. Easter Monday was a public holiday in North Carolina from 1935 to 1987. Traditionally Polish-influenced areas such as Chicago observe Dyngus Day as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: ntimevan

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well after taking a couple of weeks off, catching up on things around the house and changing the rear brakes and rotors on the truck, I'm back In service, hoping the next few weeks are really good.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well after taking a couple of weeks off, catching up on things around the house and changing the rear brakes and rotors on the truck.

Ahhh, glad you said that. I need to have my own brakes checked out while I'm home. I better write me a note since I already forgot about it once :rolleyes: