March 2016, where are you going ??

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am still giggling about these suit types that hover over spreadsheets trying to "predict" future volume....LOL Think about it...just the nature of this biz.....like a spreadsheet can predict a machine will break down somewhere or a locomotive will blow a Gasket.....or faulty parts will be discovered needing to be replaced....gee whiz.....they might indicate what happened in the past but future...I'll stick to my magic 8 ball...its more reliable....LOL

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am still giggling about these suit types that hover over spreadsheets trying to "predict" future volume....LOL Think about it...just the nature of this biz.....like a spreadsheet can predict a machine will break down somewhere or a locomotive will blow a Gasket.....or faulty parts will be discovered needing to be replaced....gee whiz.....they might indicate what happened in the past but future...I'll stick to my magic 8 ball...its more reliable....LOL
I prefer the roll the dice method myself

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well it seems the Macro point is on the fritz, yesterday's load is still on it and won't disappear, can't get new load info as long as it's there! POS!

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any suggestions on where to go after Seattle? I knew coming out here that I might hafta dh out, but to where?

I've delivered to all points out west, including all over the west coast. It's not for the faint of heart! It's best to have some sort of game plan going in, for the exact reason you stated .... "Where do I DH to from here!" :eek:

Simply put ..... I hope you got some extra cash going in so you could DH to Cali, if needed. You could easily be there for awhile. My recommendation ... head to Alki Beach. It's close enough to bid on whatever comes & you'll get to enjoy some great scenery!

Best of luck!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
10154328_1042963852408769_6531121365561679417_n.jpg

after your carrier calls you and has a new contract and they are calling it a raise.....:p

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've delivered to all points out west, including all over the west coast. It's not for the faint of heart! It's best to have some sort of game plan going in, for the exact reason you stated .... "Where do I DH to from here!" :eek:

Simply put ..... I hope you got some extra cash going in so you could DH to Cali, if needed. You could easily be there for awhile. My recommendation ... head to Alki Beach. It's close enough to bid on whatever comes & you'll get to enjoy some great scenery!

Best of luck!

I'm in Tumwater right now; I can go back to Seattle or down to Portland. Peeps are fishing but nothing in the boat yet. OTOH, it's only 1115 PST, so all is not lost yet. The big decision I need to make is how far into Cali I need to go. Lodi is 722 from here, but is it far enough?