Here comes December...

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Shortie, Franklin IN to Marysville. Now comes the decision, drop and head east for the holidays while I am as close as I am likely to get, OR, stay out for 2 more days?

Reactions: ntimevan

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Got a load that didn't cancel....
Monday: Linn, MO to Williston, SC deliver direct...
Tuesday: Had one on the line to Michigan but someone was closer...
Wednesday: Waiting on the call, gonna be 75* here today...

I'm not a firm believer in that line someone was closer, as I sat parked next to a truck out of time needing a transfer of load and bid on it, didn't get it, watched later as someone from 125 miles came and got the load! I'm not a firm believer in most things said to me in this business anymore either.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not a firm believer in that line someone was closer, as I sat parked next to a truck out of time needing a transfer of load and bid on it, didn't get it, watched later as someone from 125 miles came and got the load! I'm not a firm believer in most things said to me in this business anymore either.
true...no use in asking....more times then not dispatch will lie to you....anything from the load is too heavy for you to someone closer....when probably the case, someone is doing it cheaper....

Reactions: ntimevan

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have, I asked east or northeast only and the next call was a load to Texas. I envy y'all that work for companies like CRE where it is a team concept

That's one of my favorite things at CRE. You tell them you want to go home and they'll bust their butts to get you running the right direction. The difference is that Murray and Sally were both expedite drivers before they started hiring. They understand how valuable that home time is to their contractors. They understand the needs of a family. Great team! One of the best (only?) smart things I've ever done is join this team.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Day 2 at home pond, don't go to Texas, and not feeling like New Hampshire, other than that didn't get any other offers that were worth it, better sitting at home than spending money doing dumb deadheads for crap money loads!update : pimp wanted me to go 130 dh on my dime for 187 loaded@ 1.75
That's not my desire to do either, it could only get worse if tolls were involved!

Last edited: