front racks for genny's?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No it does not interfere and yes I can open my door as far as normal.

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
had a metal shop custom build a rack and weld it to the frame. On the positive side, it probably saved my sons life when he rear ended a stopped fully loaded flatbed at 55mph. The negative was that 2.3 gallons of fuel makes a hell of an explosion and fire.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Some of the front genny rack setups I see look like they would block some of the very important airflow to the radiator and coolers. It must be ok in most cases because a lot of drivers set them up that way but I would still choose not to do it. It would bug me every day knowing that I'm restricting some of the airflow.

Reactions: ntimevan

Heather Jones

Rookie Expediter
Some of the front genny rack setups I see look like they would block some of the very important airflow to the radiator and coolers. It must be ok in most cases because a lot of drivers set them up that way but I would still choose not to do it. It would bug me every day knowing that I'm restricting some of the airflow.
I was worried about that too. Mike, the guy that does all our work said he has it setting where it won't block a bunch. Time shall tell.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Just seems to me that engine and or tranny temps constantly being 10 to 15 degrees higher would shorten there life. Idk