Premium Transportation services's LLC Hoffman Estates IL

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
I want to start on a positive, the dispatchers did what they could do with what little they had to work from.
Mother daughter team that I believe one of them dating the dispatcher/manager, JAY. This is a garage business that leases office space within an office management complex. Looks nice on the outside but scratch the paint and look in and see what they really are, or aren't.
It all started with that promise of $2000-$2500/week. First week was great, but not meeting the quoted numbers. And then a steady decline after that. I talked with another past contracted O/O and they pretty much said the same.
The operation is basically a broker middle middle man operation, working from the home. No I did not stutter.
Now I really don't like singling out one person but Hell I will anyway. The recruiter Jay, is the GOD of trucking, so he thinks. A quote of "the information I share with you is golden" The communication is one way, his way.
He forgets that we are private contractors not his employees.
I want to share with you my own experience that really opened my eyes to whom I was working with.
I was on a run going to Joplin MO. It was snowy and Icy the entire way. It was the last snow storm that stranded so many drivers on the road. I got to my delivery on time. I needed a hot soak in a hot tub, I checked into a hotel that I have free stays. You know how it feels when your driving in that kind of weather, or bad traffic and your back feels like its a board. I let them know that I was there but still in service.
Nothing was said to me.
I asked about getting a load out of there, I was told that if "IF WANTED TO MOVE" go to St Louis area. No dead head $ nothing. That was becoming the norm. I questioned this to Jay, and he said that when he was driving it did not matter how many miles he drove that going where the freight is out weighed the dead head miles. That is BULL POOPY. He than asked me why I was not available after my drop in Joplin. I told him I was only out of service for the allotted hours need to be legal to drive. NOPE, if I stay in a hotel, Im not
available. But drivers without a sleeper can stay in a hotel. I asked if that was in our contract," AH NOOOO." was his answer. I said "that is ridiculous, What is the difference if I have a sleeper or not?" No answer beside that is just how it is. I had been sitting in another area for more than 3 days with nothing, when I tried to communicate about relocating or not, got an email that was belittling and immature that was pointed at me and the dispatchers. We were not to communicated and that they are closed on the weekend.
All new news to me, I obviously did not get the memo. I read the contract again, nothing said about this rule being pulled out of the rats hat. I swear the guy is bipolar. Nothing wrong with that just take your meds.
Well these type of incidents continued to go on and after driving more miles again, dead head on my own dime, I cashed out. Tired of the rules being made up as it goes according to the GOD of trucking, "JAY"
I share this for anyone possible looking at signing on with them. You will be better off else where.

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
Why thank you very much.
And correct you did read the hotel part before. But the mound has risen to one big pile of poop.

truckerdjm

Active Expediter
well started to sign on with them did the so called 20 min or so called orientation with jay. now i have been sitting a week now and no call to work. is freight that slow? im begining to belive quadflyer 1 is right so now im going else where for work

Reactions: quadflyer1

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Freight is slow right now, what day did you start? That seems really fast to jump ship.

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
Freight is slow right now, what day did you start? That seems really fast to jump ship.
I ran for 3months and Jay would tell me Mondays are slow, weekend are none and Friday is hard day to get a load. That a load of stinky stuff.
Freight is not slow. I have been running consistently since I left Premium (Freight) Transportation Services.
Just saying.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
From the Code of Conduct:

6. Drive by posting (DBP) is prohibited.
A drive by posting (DBP)is when a new or newer member who has a personal issue or dispute with a carrier, dealer, manufacturer, fleet owner, fleet driver or any other entity and makes their first post as a negative attack or public scathing. Posts of this nature are disruptive and serve no purpose and subject to immediate removal. New members are required to have a minimum of ten (10) posts before they can make a controversial post on any topic.

This thread has "personal issue" written all over it.

There's also a problem with complaining that you're treated like an employee when you're an independent contractor, and then whining because you don't get empty move money. You're an independent contract, go wherever you want to go. Easy peasy.

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
There's also a problem with complaining that you're treated like an employee when you're an independent contractor, and then whining because you don't get empty move money. You're an independent contract, go wherever you want to go. Easy peasy.[/QUOTE]

We have very low empty miles, but when you dead head, we have a program for that! When a contractor signs a contract that indicates a amount of $ for loaded and an amount for dead head one would expect that per the drivers agreement with the company driver gets paid.
And there no whining just relaying facts so others may avoid the experience.

Reactions: Turtle

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I ran for 3months and Jay would tell me Mondays are slow, weekend are none and Friday is hard day to get a load. That a load of stinky stuff.
Freight is not slow. I have been running consistently since I left Premium (Freight) Transportation Services.
Just saying.

Are you in a st, that's a whole different ball game than vans, always more st freight moving.

truckerdjm

Active Expediter
xiggi i'm sitting at home thank god but no hear from this company for a week as a new recruit looking to work and no calls. i called every day and told them i was in service but still no call

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
Yes i'm driving a st. And that 2as another thing he told me, there's more freight for vans. Maybe he was telling me whatever he could grab out of the air. I just know that what they say they offer and what they actually do are night and day.
I never turned down a load either.

sjp5030

Active Expediter
I want to start on a positive, the dispatchers did what they could do with what little they had to work from.
Mother daughter team that I believe one of them dating the dispatcher/manager, JAY. This is a garage business that leases office space within an office management complex. Looks nice on the outside but scratch the paint and look in and see what they really are, or aren't.
It all started with that promise of $2000-$2500/week. First week was great, but not meeting the quoted numbers. And then a steady decline after that. I talked with another past contracted O/O and they pretty much said the same.
The operation is basically a broker middle middle man operation, working from the home. No I did not stutter.
Now I really don't like singling out one person but Hell I will anyway. The recruiter Jay, is the GOD of trucking, so he thinks. A quote of "the information I share with you is golden" The communication is one way, his way.
He forgets that we are private contractors not his employees.
I want to share with you my own experience that really opened my eyes to whom I was working with.
I was on a run going to Joplin MO. It was snowy and Icy the entire way. It was the last snow storm that stranded so many drivers on the road. I got to my delivery on time. I needed a hot soak in a hot tub, I checked into a hotel that I have free stays. You know how it feels when your driving in that kind of weather, or bad traffic and your back feels like its a board. I let them know that I was there but still in service.
Nothing was said to me.
I asked about getting a load out of there, I was told that if "IF WANTED TO MOVE" go to St Louis area. No dead head $ nothing. That was becoming the norm. I questioned this to Jay, and he said that when he was driving it did not matter how many miles he drove that going where the freight is out weighed the dead head miles. That is BULL POOPY. He than asked me why I was not available after my drop in Joplin. I told him I was only out of service for the allotted hours need to be legal to drive. NOPE, if I stay in a hotel, Im not
available. But drivers without a sleeper can stay in a hotel. I asked if that was in our contract," AH NOOOO." was his answer. I said "that is ridiculous, What is the difference if I have a sleeper or not?" No answer beside that is just how it is. I had been sitting in another area for more than 3 days with nothing, when I tried to communicate about relocating or not, got an email that was belittling and immature that was pointed at me and the dispatchers. We were not to communicated and that they are closed on the weekend.
All new news to me, I obviously did not get the memo. I read the contract again, nothing said about this rule being pulled out of the rats hat. I swear the guy is bipolar. Nothing wrong with that just take your meds.
Well these type of incidents continued to go on and after driving more miles again, dead head on my own dime, I cashed out. Tired of the rules being made up as it goes according to the GOD of trucking, "JAY"
I share this for anyone possible looking at signing on with them. You will be better off else where.

sjp5030

Active Expediter
HI I just tried contacting that guy jay and got no response to calls and none on web site.
Well I am still looking for a spot for my Sprinter as decided against all types exp.
Boy it is hard to find a good Co./ broker.

sjp5030

Active Expediter
well started to sign on with them did the so called 20 min or so called orientation with jay. now i have been sitting a week now and no call to work. is freight that slow? im begining to belive quadflyer 1 is right so now im going else where for work