sad sad day

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Obama was elected and re-elected due to Rep bungleing of the campaigns. Stop running the nincompoops we saw the last two election cycles, and watch how many middle of the road Dems cross over.

You read it here first.

Right, the republicans ran two less conservatives in 2008, and 2012, and lost. So in the upcoming election, they will have at least three, tea party backed candidates: Rubio, Paul, and Cruz. A nincompoop Rino called Jeb, and a women conservative in Fiorina. The other nincompoop Christie isn't running . My guess is any of the candidates,that are running, won't be acceptable to most Democrats. Even the less conservative republicans won't get any support from Dems. They are still considered too conservative .

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Right, the republicans ran two less conservatives in 2008, and 2012, and lost. So in the upcoming election, they will have at least three, tea party backed candidates: Rubio, Paul, and Cruz. A nincompoop Rino called Jeb, and a women conservative in Fiorina. The other nincompoop Christie isn't running . My guess is any of the candidates,that are running, won't be acceptable to most Democrats. Even the less conservative republicans won't get any support from Dems. They are still considered too conservative .
The fact they are conservative is irrelevant, can we say Ronald Reagan.

Reagan appealed to many many middle of the road Dems.

Reagan Democrats they were called and help elect Ronnie.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The fact they are conservative is irrelevant, can we say Ronald Reagan.

Reagan appealed to many many middle of the road Dems.

Reagan Democrats they were called and help elect Ronnie.

That was a long time ago. The Democrat party have moved further to the left. It doesn't appear they are interested in a candidate like Reagan any more. I guess we'll see though. The Republicans have three,relatively young, articulate, and smart,Reagan like conservatives in Cruz, Paul, and now Rubio. I'll just have to agree to disagree that most Dems would consider them for President.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That was a long time ago. The Democrat party have moved further to the left. It doesn't appear they are interested in a candidate like Reagan any more. I guess we'll see though. The Republicans have three,relatively young, articulate, and smart,Reagan like conservatives in Cruz, Paul, and now Rubio. I'll just have to agree to disagree that most Dems would consider them for President.
You're missing my point. Yes the Democratic party had moved left, but the everyday working stiff hasn't . . .IMO.

If the Reps nominated somebody that wasn't trying to appeas the Tea partiers, many many Dems would cross over.

Reactions: witness23

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The average working stiff I think has changed a lot. Think about today's veiw on gay marriage compared to then as just one example. How many more people today have a bad opinion of success, in that time pot would have never been legal, many more working people are also on public assistance than back then. I think there is a big difference in the attitude of the average voter and you don't even have to have a job to vote.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You're missing my point. Yes the Democratic party had moved left, but the everyday working stiff hasn't . . .IMO.

If the Reps nominated somebody that wasn't trying to appeas the Tea partiers, many many Dems would cross over.
The Tea Party holds most of the same virtues that Reagan had. The three I listed previously do too. You are kind of making my point. You perceive them as APPEASING, just like many Dems do, instead of just holding the same principles.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When Scott Walker throws his hat in the game will change. So far the GOP only has some first term senators that aren't qualified for an executive position. Jeb only offers his last name with a more moderate/liberal position, thus another loser. Walker offers a record of accomplishments as a conservative executive in a blue state that no other potential candidate can match.

On the other side, Hillary offers nothing but a record of failures as SECSTATE and empty rhetoric backed by her cheerleaders in the MSM. Hopefully she will remain unchallenged in the Democrat primary.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Hilary throwing her hat in the ring goes to show how inept the Republican party really is. If they had anyone worth running she wouldn't have entered the race. It's quite sad actually.

Oh come on. She was running no matter what. She is going to be the most prominent Dem in the mix and she has wanted it since she was first lady so even poor poll ratings wouldn't stop her. She has way too much support from the party to not try and use it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I forgot to mention Walker. He will be a formidable candidate as well. I'm not willing to write off candidates because they are senators or because they don't have executive experience. Candidates with the right character, leadership qualities, and principles are the most important to me.

Reactions: aristotle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Agreed, which is why I say Hillary will not be elected.
But, but who will break the glass ceiling if it isn't Hillary? She got the wrecking ball swinging and personally claims credit for 18,000,000 cracks. Doesn't she deserve...no, isn't she entitled to be the one to break through?

She's fought so hard for women and to get where she is today in a man's world. It's pure coincidence that she married a young, white lawyer with political ambitions and when that young lawyer became AG of Arkansas, she made partner at Rose. How could she not become First Lady of Arkansas when her husband became governor?

When Bill became President it gave her a platform for her failed healthcare revamp. I'm sure she would have proposed her national healthcare reform even if she wasn't the First Lady of the U.S. If Bill hadn't become President, Hillary was still, somehow destined to be The Senator From New York.

Take a close look at all of Hillary's accomplishments despite having a ball and chain for a husband. Her only flaw is as the smartest women in the world, she was duped by one of the dumbest men in the world, George Bush.

Reactions: witness23 and RLENT

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I think she has it wrapped up because people like celebrities as politicians and don't care about achievements.

Attachments

• 1428991645066.jpg
    1428991645066.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Moot

witness23

Veteran Expediter

Your second sentence sums up the idiocy of the Republicans perfectly of late. If either side, Democrat or Republican try to appease the fringe of their parties they will lose, it really is that simple.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think she has it wrapped up because people like celebrities as politicians and don't care about achievements.
People also like historic events, really cool logos, tee shirts and tee shirts with really cool logos verifying that they were part of that historic event.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Difficult to tell if that's actually Hillary in the surveillance footage. Could be me with hair. Where is her Secret Service detachment. If nobody recognized her, there is nobody to confirm it was her. I'll have a burrito bowl with chicken, rice, lettuce, all 3 sauces, black beans and sour cream to go.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
People also like historic events, really cool logos, wet tee shirts and wet tee shirts with really cool logos verifying that they were part of that historic event.
Fixed it for ya..:woot: