Insurance

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have never had a ticket I have never had an insurance claim almost perfect credit rating and the homebase of my vehicle all affect the rate

I imagine the rate would jump east of the Mississippi it would jump with a brand-new vehicle 40 $50,000 as compared to 10,000

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Yes... Cargo... Liability and non trucking(bob tail)

Why do you need primary liability and cargo? Isn't L1 providing those?

I know with Panther, Fedex and Landstar, they provide those, and I provide the non trucking liability, physical damage, and contractor protection.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I remember reading other posts about these high insurance rates and I was really doubtful if the move would pay I was surprised when they gave me the quote I remember talking to the wife saying it was only six or seven dollars more than what I'm paying at load one with empty insurance and QUALCOMM combined

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One other thing to remember progressive takes credit into consideration, my 2 vehicles an 05 sprinter and an 05 hino 268 24ft box truck for 1 million liability and floridas pip insurance was 14k per year, no comp and collision on either. If it wasnt for being on our carriers insurance I would not be on the road anymore.

Sent from my SM-T217T using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
One other thing to remember progressive takes credit into consideration, my 2 vehicles an 05 sprinter and an 05 hino 268 24ft box truck for 1 million liability and floridas pip insurance was 14k per year, no comp and collision on either. If it wasnt for being on our carriers insurance I would not be on the road anymore.

Sent from my SM-T217T using EO Forums mobile app

I was wondering if they did...I am not up on what US insures take into consideration...I KNOW what I was quoted that is all I can say on that...I have a paper copy of policy at home and my then future carriers was emailed a copy as well....

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I suspect that location, location, location has a lot to do with it.

I used to live in GA and the insurance company icreased my personal car's premium a lot. I havent had a ticket or accident in more than 10 years. Then I moved to TN and it dropped a lot. I dont know if commercial insurance follow the same trend, but it looks like it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I suspect that location, location, location has a lot to do with it.

I used to live in GA and the insurance company icreased my personal car's premium a lot. I havent had a ticket or accident in more than 10 years. Then I moved to TN and it dropped a lot. I dont know if commercial insurance follow the same trend, but it looks like it.

when we first moved out here...the wifes Camero dropped by almost 75%..... car theft is near 0 out here...and traffic?.....LMAO yeah right.....the risks are way lower...

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got off the phone with CIS. Progressive wants 20k a year due to young age. N that's the best they could do.

Had a good laugh

DRIVERDUDE

Seasoned Expediter
I have insurance with State Farm. I pay $226.00 per month for full coverage, $1,000,000 liability, and $250,000 cargo insurance. My CV is a 2006.

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well appearently you are not covered properly and when you have an accident, nobody will pay and you will owe $$$$$$$

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That doesn't mean it's the right coverage.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got off the phone with CIS. Progressive wants 20k a year due to young age. N that's the best they could do.

Had a good laugh

So did they review your current policy? Is it commercial coverage or not?

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123