fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scored a shorty for crazy money, Brecksville Ohio to Upper Sandusky Ohio

The Fastest Horse in a one Horse Town.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First time I've seen this at a truckstop!

Attachments

• 1403112604456.jpg
    1403112604456.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 60

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Sitting on my *** in Williamsport, pa cause some stupid carrier sent the wrong size truck twice to do a pickup and freight wouldn't fit only up side was I got a great rate for 300 miles cause of stupidity on their part on rush delivery! Got to love this biz but I'll probably break even due to location!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Delivered in Ft. Worth, TX, late this morning. Now sitting at the TA in Terrell, TX, turning down bad paying loads.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
So you place a bid on a job 6 hrs ago they finally approve it but now I'm out of time to do it so I tell me no way and they get ****ed at you!! Just a daily venting of steam. I'm 125 away and the drive is 650 miles I'm solo and try not to rip out log sheets,and they get even more ****ed at me for not taking the job.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
3. A CV, an XCV & a Sprinter.
They're great guys! All super nice!

Cool. Looks like you are putting together a variety of vehicles. I'm almost done with my current job, should be the end of June. After that I am going to get my van setup again and get going on the brokerage plan. I'm hoping that running the van will give me a little more time down time to work on business.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Delivered in Ft. Worth, TX, late this morning. Now sitting at the TA in Terrell, TX, turning down bad paying loads.

TX seems to be hit or miss no matter what vehicle you drive.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
So you place a bid on a job 6 hrs ago they finally approve it but now I'm out of time to do it so I tell me no way and they get ****ed at you!! Just a daily venting of steam. I'm 125 away and the drive is 650 miles I'm solo and try no to rip out log sheets,and the get even more ****ed at me.

There are plenty of companies out there for someone with a good CSA score, get caught cheating on your logs and you become a liability.

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Cool. Looks like you are putting together a variety of vehicles. I'm almost done with my current job, should be the end of June. After that I am going to get my van setup again and get going on the brokerage plan. I'm hoping that running the van will give me a little more time down time to work on business.

Vans CAN certainly provide down time at times. :(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
TX seems to be hit or miss no matter what vehicle you drive.

There are loads, just hit and miss whether they pay well enough to take them. Some pay just crummy, some pay good per mile, but they don't go anywhere, like really short, or to places that do not show up on a map.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
MT in Breezewood PA at the TA for dinner, then over to the J for a shower and sleep overnight. Had a great run today. Light load, good miles and great pay, even the DH paid like loaded miles.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
MT in Breezewood PA at the TA for dinner, then over to the J for a shower and sleep overnight. Had a great run today. Light load, good miles and great pay, even the DH paid like loaded miles.

I hear that's how the pros do it.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Sometimes the longshots are worth a try. That one paid off pretty well. ;)

rockytopcv

Rookie Expediter
Corbin, ky to Indianapolis, IN that was last Wednesday. Both companies I haul for have gotten out bid for 4 loads. Been at the house ever since. This sucks, its never been this slow

Sent from my C5215 using EO Forums mobile app