Can anyone give me the 411 on Heavy Weight Enterprises-Fleet Owner with Panther?

J

jphalen

Wanna add one more thing if you are a disgruntled driver that had a poor experience it is most likely because you broke the company policy and ****ed them off. Never had any issues with them and been running my tail off at Express 1 5500 miles this week and sitting in CHATTANOOGA, TN with room for one more load before Saturday

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It sounds good.
4 weeks out =4 days at home.

Whats the 5th or 6th day cost you ? Re to staying on your dime.

J

jphalen

If I have to stay any extra days I talk to their office in advance first. $125 for 5th and 6th day per day . Bigger companies like Scnneider, Swift or any of the big dogs will let you get away once not getting back to the truck on time then they will fire you At least Heavy Weight give you this option. Like I said only had to do it once. Look for their drivers in hot Spots Like Laredo by the Express 1 warehouse. last we met with a few during memorial weekend and had an outdoor BBQ

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wanna add one more thing if you are a disgruntled driver that had a poor experience it is most likely because you broke the company policy and ****ed them off. Never had any issues with them and been running my tail off at Express 1 5500 miles this week and sitting in CHATTANOOGA, TN with room for one more load before Saturday

If you're sitting in Chattanooga, why is the IP address of the computer you are using (a) the same IP as rawans33, and (b) not anywhere near TN?

Reactions: ucfd608 and Boatcat

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
If you're sitting in Chattanooga, why is the IP address of the computer you are using (a) the same IP as rawans33, and (b) not anywhere near TN?

Did not know we are so heavily looked @ when we are on here..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:
J

jphalen

To asjssl. I am new to Expeditors Online and had someone help me out get set up. I will make sure I do all my own postings next time. Sorry if I broke any rules.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
To asjssl. I am new to Expeditors Online and had someone help me out get set up. I will make sure I do all my own postings next time. Sorry if I broke any rules.

Hey i am nobody on here...don't know what your apologizing for..its the shelled gestapo you have to watch for :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
A while back it seemed like some liquored up E-1 office people were posing as drivers.

Just my opinion.
People that sound like office people may get a little attention until we get to know you. :)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The shelled-one ain't bad.

Just don't try to bs him.

He's smarter than the average bear.

pfishman

Rookie Expediter
I'm going thru the qualifying process with Panther at this time and would be a 'Fleet Contract Driver' for Heavy Weight Enterprises. Typical recruiter, dances you around when you press for hard answers. Can anyone give me the 411 on Heavy Weight/Panther?

Although new to Expediting, I have 34+ yrs T/T OTR experience with over 5 million miles (quit counting Apr 06 after hitting that milestone) with extensive Dry Van/Reefer experience in and out of FL. My CDL-A has XT endorsements (HazMat/Tanker/Doubles-Triples) and no tickets.

I'm suppose to go through orientation at Seville on Monday 12 Nov and have been trying to research Heavy Weight Enterprises. I haven't been able to find anything here or on 'The Truckers Report' about them. Read lots about Panther, which sounds like most trucking companies out there.

I take PAM (PizzAndMoaners) with a grain of salt. I'm a hyperactive overachiever who knows how to get the job done. Within a few weeks, my FM knows he can count on me and 'no' is rarely in my vocabulary. I know how the system works and I know how to work the system.

From all the various posts I've read, sounds like Expediting could be a rewarding second career.

Any info would be helpful!!!

I've been with heavy weight enterprises for 14 months now..and I have nothing but good things to say about them..I have no trouble getting paid and the money is good and everyone in the office including the owner are great folks and they are all about team and they treat their drivers very well..I would recommend them to anyone

bigtrucker1969

New Recruit
Driver
I'm going thru the qualifying process with Panther at this time and would be a 'Fleet Contract Driver' for Heavy Weight Enterprises. Typical recruiter, dances you around when you press for hard answers. Can anyone give me the 411 on Heavy Weight/Panther?

Although new to Expediting, I have 34+ yrs T/T OTR experience with over 5 million miles (quit counting Apr 06 after hitting that milestone) with extensive Dry Van/Reefer experience in and out of FL. My CDL-A has XT endorsements (HazMat/Tanker/Doubles-Triples) and no tickets.

I'm suppose to go through orientation at Seville on Monday 12 Nov and have been trying to research Heavy Weight Enterprises. I haven't been able to find anything here or on 'The Truckers Report' about them. Read lots about Panther, which sounds like most trucking companies out there.

I take PAM (PizzAndMoaners) with a grain of salt. I'm a hyperactive overachiever who knows how to get the job done. Within a few weeks, my FM knows he can count on me and 'no' is rarely in my vocabulary. I know how the system works and I know how to work the system.

From all the various posts I've read, sounds like Expediting could be a rewarding second career.

Any info would be helpful!!!

(Edited by admin - Drive-by Posting)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Boatcat

Boatcat

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
I am speaking from personal experience.

If you want to hear the rest of the story, send me a message here.

Edited by admin - personal attack

Boatcat

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy

EXACTLY...
All smoke and mirrors with HWE.
The rebuttals are coming drictly from the owner and office people, Not drivers!

EDITED (by admin) TO ADD: There are 2 sides to EVERY story.

Overstreet

New Recruit
Driver
I recieved a call from HWE for a driving posistion through Panther. Haven't got a chance to call back yet due to my busy schedule working at a hospital. Found this thread on my lunch break a few minutes ago. Its for a solo straight truck driver. Anyone still currently working there? Hows the mileage and pay?

Boatcat

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
As a former driver for the same outfit, Avoid them like the plague!
You will be used and not paid for your work.
If you want to hear more, call me at 989 590 0088

Sent from my SM-N910V using EO Forums mobile app

Maiça59

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Hello
Hope all goes well for you.
I drove for Mike ( Prime Logistics) he owns vans straight trucks dont know about 18 wheelers but he was serious paid well on time.

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Have you asked for contact info for current [and former] drivers for Heavyweight? Because that's who I'd want the skinny from, and if the response is the evasive shuffle, that tells you something as well.
Oh - welcome to EO, and best of luck in your second career.
:)

I've been searching for HW drivers on all the boards and haven't found any yet. They won't give me any drivers to contact and the more I press them the faster they dance. I asked them if they offer a contract and they wouldn't send it to me, I have to sign it at orientation.

I think I'm going to pass on them.

Thanks for your input!

Best thing you have ever done imho they still owe me money......they also like to say ya u can do that then act like that isn't the case lol

Spedz13

Rookie Expediter
Driver
Brisco brings up some excellent points. [My fingers did not want to type that, lol.]
I'd be interested in the recruiter for HW's response, because they are legitimate concerns, not 'he said/she said'. If there are reasonable explanations, we'd like to know.
I'd also question the inability of potential drivers to see the contract before orientation - is that, [as Amanda Berry's rescuer said] "A dead giveaway"?
:confused:

It's run by a man ( we will just call him Andy) and his wife runs the money they act like they have a huge company but as far as i can tell its him his wife n another "friend" only JMHO