STAY IN SERVICE FOR Christmas and & New Years ???

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Im Bored.

Im gona walk about 4 miles to the Health Store (GNC)

I was asked if I was going to stay in Service this year during Christmas and New Years.

This comming week will make my decission to stay in service or go out. Work me Ill stay in service, if not then Forget it.

Attachments

• 73584_10151122797967217_560194640_n.jpg
    73584_10151122797967217_560194640_n.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
there are only 3 reason to work on Christmas or whatever the time frame Is.

1. You do not have a life.
2. See nbr one.
3. See nbr 2.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm going home this year, but some years I work over the holidays. So, does that mean some years I have a life and some I don't? Kinda like the candy bar, sometimes you feel like a nut...

So, just how does that work?

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Always go home for holidays...screw being out here. Family first

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All of my family get togethers are the Saturday before Christmas, so I will be home but if there is a run that pops up, I will be available.

Now New Years Eve, I dont want to be out on amateur night.....

bobwg

Expert Expediter
All of my family get togethers are the Saturday before Christmas, so I will be home but if there is a run that pops up, I will be available.

Now New Years Eve, I dont want to be out on amateur night.....
If running I am off the road by 5pm New Years Eve until 6am New Years Day

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

2. See nbr one.
3. See nbr 2.

My Christmas break started tonight... I was willing to take another run til today, but since it didn't happen, now I'm not leaving my home not even if they offer me $5/mile.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums

bikerpaul

Expert Expediter
I will work Christmas if the pay is right. As for amateur night,, the pay better be be REAL good.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
My husband and i stay out workig over thr holidays. We have each other and we enjoy the memories we make in different parts of the country every holiday. For us, there is something special about the stillness and quietness on Christmas day on the road. We dont have family events to go to, or we would put them firat. Its not about the money per say, just being together and making memories in new places each year.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
My husband and i stay out workig over thr holidays. We have each other and we enjoy the memories we make in different parts of the country every holiday. For us, there is something special about the stillness and quietness on Christmas day on the road. We dont have family events to go to, or we would put them firat. Its not about the money per say, just being together and making memories in new places each year.

Same here, my wife is with me and our families are spread out between VT, NY, and VA. Last year my wife got to go to ND for the first time on New Years day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

RMPM01

Seasoned Expediter
After resent tragedy in CT, you realize you only live ones. This year was just a disaster when it comes to massive shootings. Quality time with your family and/or friends is priceless.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
doing a run to boston for wed 8 am delivery leaving tuesday at noon, had to do it, couldn't pass up the $. I like it when plans of shippers go wrong, and they are willing to pay for it! 750 miles @ 4.00 is nothing to sneeze garland about! I'll celebrate nye, if nothing else comes along! I don't have a life left after the wife took it all.....................but it will be nice to pay off the next years insurance from 1 drive happy life to everyone, and get lots of toys for your trucks!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was at home and out of service Thursday. Got a load offer I couldn't refuse and am now back home again and OOS.

With Christmas being on a Tuesday I suspect next week to be slow. I have always been home for Christmas and then usually go back in service Christmas night. I have scored some very good loads during that week, but really don't count on it. Maybe that's why!

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
This has already been a very busy month for me, but if something comes up tomorrow or Monday that might keep me away on Xmas day itself, I'm okay with that. Would be a nice end to a great month.

As long as I'm back by the next morning, as that's when my time off starts with family. Those six days between Xmas and New Year's I'll definitely be OOS.

Then back at it hard for anyone who wants to load me up...

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
We are at home in service dispatched on a load that picks up on the 26th. This year it just worked out that way. Previous years we just stayed out and tried to visit family scattered across this Great Nation! Merry Christmass to all!

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
We are in service on a run that delivers the 26th...due to an abandoned truck issue we won't be stopping to visit some friends and family on the way. Since both my boys are grown and his youngest goes to her grandparents we celebrate holidays early and come back out on the road.

)0( Nasmaste )0(

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

2. See nbr one.
3. See nbr 2.

I was going to spend 1500 dollars on a 5 day fishing trip, but I decided to work over the holidays this year because it add dollars to my have fun kitty for 2013. This run means I can buy a min. of 3 new reels that cost between 400 and 530 dollars or just buy 2 reels and two fishin rods that cost 250 each.

I've made some of my best money working over true holidays over the years, then again I'm not a church person anyway. My nieces and nephews have been taken care of, because I just give them cash to buy what they want.

Dat1stChoice

Active Expediter
I'm not "in service" but I am on call....I'm always on call. I work hourly, the last 2 weeks I've worked over 130 hours. (and yes, I've had a couple days off too....) been long days, hard hours, and LOTS of runs. (local hot shot stuff remember)

To be honest, I fully expected Monday to be a total nightmare, and I ended up only working 4 hours. Here's hoping I get the full day off today, got a lot of family plans. I think my boss tends to jack up the prices on holidays, as he has to pay me double time for any runs, so we don't get called unless its an emergency.

Hopefully those of you stuck out working today are getting paid VERY well for it, and those who aren't are having a great holiday season. Either way, thank you for what you do, without you folks, we wouldn't have all the great things under the tree!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I didn't get any gifts from Santa this year. All he did was eat the cookies and drank up the milk, chuckled to himself, and then left. He didn't even leave me piece of coal to use to heat up the house. He better look twice before he crosses the road when I'm driving! Bah Humbug.