October Locations and Banter

guido4475

Not a Member
Well don't give up and give it a try again. We really need people using this versus calling. Our goal is to try and average ten minutes or less. With the shifting and dedicated staff I think we are reaching that number or even faster a good percentage of the time.

I hear ya.I have always been a supporter of using the q-c for communication, and always told people that the more we call on the phone, the less time dispatch has on finding loads.During the week it isnt bad, they are usually pretty responsive.The weekend? When I was in South Carolina, I sent them a message letting them know and seeking their feelings on me moving northward.I never did get a response.I did, however, move on my own.It was a good move.But, I have moved in the past, with other carriers, without communicating, only to get there,and a few hours later, they call me with a load that was picking up close to where I came from.So with this in mind, I usually dont move without their knowledge and input first.They see more than I do.

guido4475

Not a Member
You closed that thing up tighter then a drum within 30 seconds of parking, so , I didn't want to bother you.. I went to dinner and to watch the game...came back went to bed and you were gone in the AM....On my way to Sterling Heights, Mich now....

This just doesnt sound right for some reason.....lol...

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Auburn Hills in the morn, then Sterling Heights for an oil change.

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Load1...Caryn really gave me a real barn burner of a birthday present...1030 total miles 2 drops....started when I was 61 finished a year later, now 62...LOL

In Yankton SD for the night then home tomorrow 424 miles....:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We have seen mostly quicker response times with the exception of yesterday. What we have noticed is that information in our profile has been changed or the new dispatchers don't know or aren't looking. We have been called 5 times in 3 days to ask if we go to Canada. Never got that before. Gonna have to check that out to see what's up. They said it didn't show so we told them to please correct it but 4 more calls. So we will have to give a call and straighten it out. Other than that they are progressing.

Was a slow week this week although. Need them to come through today with one.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We have seen mostly quicker response times with the exception of yesterday. What we have noticed is that information in our profile has been changed or the new dispatchers don't know or aren't looking. We have been called 5 times in 3 days to ask if we go to Canada. Never got that before. Gonna have to check that out to see what's up. They said it didn't show so we told them to please correct it but 4 more calls. So we will have to give a call and straighten it out. Other than that they are progressing.

Was a slow week this week although. Need them to come through today with one.

I have Mike J checking into that to see why that is happening.

Another morning....another airport.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I sure hope the next 2 months are better than the last 2 months.... ugh. Delivered, oil changed, hanging out in Sterling Heights... showing number 3.

Had 1 offer already for Kokomo, IN.. Monday delivery though .....didn't want to tie up the weekend for that.

me

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sure hope the next 2 months are better than the last 2 months.... ugh. Delivered, oil changed, hanging out in Sterling Heights... showing number 3.

Had 1 offer already for Kokomo, IN.. Monday delivery though .....didn't want to tie up the weekend for that.

me

I wouldn't count on it getting any better...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In Louisville Ky. been chasing freight this week can't seem to sniff it out haha. Magic 8 ball says freight will pick up, but will not say when :confused: :p

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Things slowed the end of the week. One 200 miler since thurs. Noon. Quite a few offers though. Waitin on dispatch to come through.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
wasn't gonna post after John's comment....but...*lol*

Ken's birthday pot roast is smellllllllling good!;)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What an absolutely horrible week load wise. Hopefully something pops tonight or tomorrow to salvage it.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
That's what we are counting on. Patients is a virtue !!!

ok tnt i will give you her address and you can hear the fat lady sing lol but i still care just my nice aussie ways .....

ps anyone know is scott back from oz yet ? sure hope he remembered my little green can uuuuuuummmm hope your reading this scotty my mate my little traveller my china plate ( mate ) uuuuummm

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
ok tnt i will give you her address and you can hear the fat lady sing lol but i still care just my nice aussie ways .....

Ps anyone know is scott back from oz yet ? Sure hope he remembered my little green can uuuuuuummmm hope your reading this scotty my mate my little traveller my china plate ( mate ) uuuuummm

you can't have it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!