Kicked out by TA

Heffard

Seasoned Expediter
I have been at the TA in Wheat Ridge, CO., in Denver for a few days. Haven't had any luck getting a load out.
I was just told by a TA employee that I was not allowed to sleep here overnight. I went to confirm with the store manager and she said it was a corperate call. No pne is allowed overnight stays on the property. That includes the big rigs.
Funny how no one is going along and telling the big boys to leave everynight.
I have sent an email to corporate. I will no longer do business with TA or Petro.

Anyone else run into this??

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It appears to be due to the insurance companies and keeping homeless away.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, saying you will no longer do business at a TA or a Petro before corporate is even given the chance to resolve the situation seems a tad rash. You also didn't state what you are driving. Do you have an UltraONE Expediter card? And did you take that into the store and tell the manager you are an UltraONE™ Expediter member, and ask where you should park, as per the UltraONE™ Expediter Driver Rewards Club Program Official Rules (found here), which are currently updated as of September 2011? From the Rules:

Parking

TravelCenters and Petro locations offer layover parking to UltraONE Expediter Club members on a first come, first serve basis. UltraONE Expediter Club members should advise the store or fuel general manager of the length of the driver’s layover. The store or fuel general manager will identify the best parking area for the driver’s cargo van or sprinter truck at the Location.
Most TA and Petro locations (all that I have been to) have large a "E" painted into several of the parking spaces to designate Expediter Parking, so when the manager said it was a corporate call, I'd sure want to confirm that with corporate.

In answer to your question, yes, I have run into that, and was given the same reasons for them kicking me out. Read all about it in this thread. It is somewhat dated because it predates the marked parking spaces and was before the UltraONE card (they had the Expedite King card then), but everything else applies. I can tell you that a phone call to corporate does wonders at TA, much better than an e-mail. Not sure about e-mails, but I do know for sure that people at the highest levels at TA corporate are made aware of phone calls which concern problems or complaints, especially those dealing with the turning away of customers.

It may very well be the case that corporate decided that for that one specific location they don't want expedite vans there, as I erroneously thought was the case with the Ontario locations. Like I said, I'd sure want to confirm it with corporate.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
"For a FEW days??"

What's a few days? 2-3-5??

Not to change subject, but question why you haven't taken off East to Kansas City yet.

Of course I'm not Expediting, but do know enough to have made that move already if I had been sitting in Denver Co for a "Few" (5??) days already.;)

Heffard

Seasoned Expediter
I am driving a 16' Penske truck. I also do have a UltraOne card.
The clerks who were standing there when I talked with the manager all knew I had been there.
My company had talked about moving me when I first got here, but they have seen a few loads come up. Just have been outbid on them. I am hoping that will relocate me tonight if no load.
I just emailed Petro over a problem at the York, NE. location and got a call back in 2 days.
This manager made no effort at all to make any consessions to allow me to stay. I am now at a Pilot, who will be my exclusive fuel stop, unless I don't have a choice. (Not that I like Pilot that much, but they have been pretty good with me in the last few months.)

Heffard

Seasoned Expediter
BTW, I got there Friday night for a delivery in Granby, CO. Saturday morning. I was the only expediter vehicle there most of the time.
Others did come and park overnight. Some were there multiple nights. (There was a pickup with a camper in the back that also was told not to return. I saw the same guy that told me knock on that door.)

But, for now, my company is heading me towards Des Moines. I will reserve my "NO TA" call until I hear from them. (I have had responses before from emails.) They may have to do some heavy kissing up to get me to return.

moonweed

Seasoned Expediter
The people that run the TA locations in Ontario, Ca are a bunch of idiots. When me and my co-driver where there back in 2008, for the 2nd time...we were told by the rent-a-cop, that we couldn't park there. We were in a well-marked expedite van, too. I found out someone that was driving a Fedex CC van, dumped a bunch of trash in the parking lot there, recently. The TA on I-24 outside of Trashville isn't much better. They also have a nazi rent-a-cop working there, that doesn't like expediters. The TA east of Denver, near the 287 turn-off, is a better place to park...never had any problems, there. The Flyin' Hook in Aurora is ok to park at, too. As for TA marking expedite parking with an "E"...never seen that, except in Laredo..no other locations. I've started a road blog, which covers the best places to eat, as well as truckstops i've been to...and I give my own reviews on each place, so you might want to check it out before you park anywhere, to make sure it's worth stopping at. Planet66

If any of you have info on truckstops you want me to include, you can email me at: [email protected]

Last edited:

BigCat

Expert Expediter
That's odd we have never had that happen. The flying j in phoenix on 67th street was running off bob tails from the front lot but letting expediters stay. Kinda nice not having to worry about being told to leave.

moonweed

Seasoned Expediter
That's odd we have never had that happen. The flying j in phoenix on 67th street was running off bob tails from the front lot but letting expediters stay. Kinda nice not having to worry about being told to leave.

last time i went to park at the J in phoenix..in a sprinter van...i heard someone on the pa outside, telling me i couldn't park there...so i went to that dive that used to be a Pilot, a few blocks away..and got whacked $10 to park there! the only reason i stayed, is because i had to deliver in the morning, not too far from there...as soon as we did, *poof*....disappeared, like a fart in the wind...and headed for the Triple T.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
last time i went to park at the J in phoenix..in a sprinter van...i heard someone on the pa outside, telling me i couldn't park there...so i went to that dive that used to be a Pilot, a few blocks away..and got whacked $10 to park there! the only reason i stayed, is because i had to deliver in the morning, not too far from there...as soon as we did, *poof*....disappeared, like a fart in the wind...and headed for the Triple T.
Last time I parked in the front lot at the J in Phoenix, they were kicking out the bobtails- they had designated spots in the big rig lot- and five of us straights were just fine. The best part, though, is an RV was complaining about one of our group's ONAN and called the manager over to complain. You couldn't hear it five feet away and the manager told the RV to LEAVE! One of my favorite memories...

moonweed

Seasoned Expediter
Last time I parked in the front lot at the J in Phoenix, they were kicking out the bobtails- they had designated spots in the big rig lot- and five of us straights were just fine. The best part, though, is an RV was complaining about one of our group's ONAN and called the manager over to complain. You couldn't hear it five feet away and the manager told the RV to LEAVE! One of my favorite memories...

lmao.....that's a good one....a lot of those RV drivers whine about anything, and everything..always do, no matter which J you're at....i'm still annoyed those clowns told me i couldn't park there, over their stupid pa system...they'll be one of the next Js to wind up on my blog...as for bobtails in the front lot, they have signs at every one of them saying NO BOBTAIL PARKING....i figure if they can't read them, they don't have any business driving.....i was at the Peelot..ermmm...Pilot in Laredo one time....bobtail decided they were going to park in the front lot....their security told them he had to park in the back..they still had paid parking at the time, too

moose

Veteran Expediter
O'h the warm Fuzy feeling of the
' let e'm kick the crap out of RV and big rig, we are soo spacial, them sheat will never stick the fence, they will ALWAY continue to leave us alone"

or...maybe, let E'm know, truck parking is a problem needs to be addressed at ALL levels.
right now (that's this evening) the FMCSA have 3 open dockets, asking for public input regarding truck parking.
let E'm know how that can effect YOUR own safety, and what you see out there.
so EZ, even a Moose can do it .

Last edited:

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Us, cargo van, Denton TX, 13 mos ago: booted. And we're quiet and clean and out of the way. Didn't matter to them.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

moonweed

Seasoned Expediter
Us, cargo van, Denton TX, 13 mos ago: booted. And we're quiet and clean and out of the way. Didn't matter to them.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

if you're talking about that dump of a TA in Denton, it doesn't surprise me..last time i was thru there i just stopped for coffee, and was on my happy way, up the road...most truck stops in general are clueless about what expediting is, and they won't take the time to learn anything about it....what i can't figure out is if TA/Petro has an expediter loyalty card program, then why do they have a problem with cargo/sprinter van drivers? they want us to buy fuel there, but they don't want us to park there....maybe it's time they get flooded with emails about this...and if they give lame excuses, then just boycott them

BigCat

Expert Expediter
We were in Denton TA and cops came and blocked us in and started asking drivers questions. Curiosity got the best of me so I went to see what happened and found out someone got robbed at gunpoint in broad daylight.

This was in the truck parking area.

BigCat

Expert Expediter

I would have waited until someone came out to say something. We had 6 straight trucks and a few sprinters and cargo vans and were basically having a party (hangout) in the lot.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Objection your honor, hearsay.

Sustained.
That's not really hearsay, as it cannot be determined as such without one follow-up question, namely, '"How did he find it out?" If it was directly from the security guard or manager, or from someone else who witnessed the trashing (or by viewing the surveillance video), it's not hearsay.

As for the Denton TA, I've stayed there many a night, sometimes more than one, without any problems at all.