Ohio State Police withholding Michigan CDL.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I think A LOT of police are corrupt. Simply because a few do the deed, and the rest cover up for them. I think a lot of city forces are corrupt. Detroit, Chicago, London, ON, Vancouver, LA, NY, New Orleans, many down south and in Ohio.

Ft Wayne. Did you have a bond connected to you, in case you got sued? If cops wrong someone, they need to be sued. If they abuse their power, the victim needs to go after the bond. That's the only way we can get thru to them, on an individual basis. I understand cops have hard lives and marriages (trophy wives and such), but we'll snap their butts back into reality by making an example of a few in Fed court.

Me thinks the police academy may have let thru a number of sociopaths.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Me thinks the police academy may have let thru a number of sociopaths.

That's where you're wrong.

They recruit and train for sociopathy. A non-sociopath may slip through the cracks now and then, you know, someone reasonable and decent, but they do a pretty good job of letting only the right people (read that: the wrong people) become cops.

It's the 98% that give the other 2% a bad name.

chillyhiker

Active Expediter
I think a lot of expediters are idiots....no not really but that's what it sounds like when you paint with such a broad brush

..im guessing you've been in trouble with the law before so now you hate all police officers

With any group your going to have bad apples but to make statements such as yours is so far from the truth it isn't even funny......chilly 23 yrs of Service to the public. And future expediter on 2

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I think a lot of expediters are idiots....no not really but that's what it sounds like when you paint with such a broad brush

..im guessing you've been in trouble with the law before so now you hate all police officers

With any group your going to have bad apples but to make statements such as yours is so far from the truth it isn't even funny......chilly 23 yrs of Service to the public. And future expediter on 2

I am quoting your comment sir but if ft wayne sees this I would appreciate his input as well. I am just wondering in your estimation what percentage of cops do you think are corrupt, how many are on a power trip, and how many would you say are people police? By people police I mean the type that will let people go with warnings a lot or if they caught you in public with a beer they would make you pour it out and just let you go.

chillyhiker

Active Expediter
Hello paullud if I were to make a guess id say less that 5% are not what they should be I write. About 20 traffic cites a month. And o don't even have to look that hard...I issue 3times as many warnings but everyone I've ever stopped commuted some type of violation. I hope this answered your questions I just get tired of the, 2 or 3 cop haters on this forum who try to make it sound like its us against them...them being police officers

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Hello paullud if I were to make a guess id say less that 5% are not what they should be I write. About 20 traffic cites a month. And o don't even have to look that hard...I issue 3times as many warnings but everyone I've ever stopped commuted some type of violation. I hope this answered your questions I just get tired of the, 2 or 3 cop haters on this forum who try to make it sound like its us against them...them being police officers

Well I was just wondering because and I don't want to shock you but, I think the media spins things out of control every once and awhile. If you take a look at what they did to another profession, catholic priests, they made it seem like the child touchers were just everywhere but they made up less than 1%. I am not supporting the Catholics or how they handled it but things are only reported that will make revenue, the cop that felt the need to just tell someone to slow down isn't going to cut it. I have had a lot of experiences with cops and I have seen the good and bad, for me I think 10% fall on the good and 10% on the bad with the rest neutral.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
.im guessing you've been in trouble with the law before so now you hate all police officers

Well, let's see...in my life, I've had 3 speeding tickets, 2 of them when I was a kid. The most recent was 1991. Beyond that, I got a ticket for a right turn on red, didn't see the sign. That was about 87 or 88. All of my few interactions with cops in which I've been close to being "on the wrong side of the law" have been minor traffic issues.

Wait, I take that back. When I was a guard, there was a brouhaha when I was detained for a few minutes for pulling a gun on someone, but once they found out it was in response to the other guy having pulled a bigass knife on me, they gave me my gun back and bade me a pleasant evening. But that was back when cops were cops, not soldiers.

No, what gave me my present attitude about cops started about 30 years ago, but it's only been noticeable the last 10 or so, and that's the militarization of cops.

The cops have forgotten a few things. They've forgotten that we own them, that they exist because we in society created them for our own security and that they exist at our pleasure. They now believe themselves to be the State's enforcers, no less so than Roscoe P. Coletrain to Boss Hogg.

They've forgotten that we're not in the military--that we're not trainees and they're not DIs. Certainly you've run across these jacktards.

They've forgotten their tasers aren't there for pain compliance but to give them another tool when they're in physical danger. Oh, boy, do they love their tasers!

They've forgotten they're accountable to the law. Actually, I have to give them a pass on this; it's the State that makes them unaccountable to the law. When they brutalize us, they investigate themselves and pronounce themselves not guilty. And that's usually the end of it.

Now, I'll admit that my 98/2 ratio is hyperbole. But it sure as hell ain't 2/98. I'd bet that 75% of cops shouldn't be cops, and most of the remaining 25% of decent cops are veterans that won't be around to keep the others reasonably in line.

Remember the case in Austin, TX in which a rookie cop was arresting an old man, and his T.O. told him to tase the guy? The rookie didn't, because he already had the old man under control and no more force was justified. The rookie cop was cashiered for not following the illegal order.

How many senior citizens have to get tased before the average citizen figures out something is wrong? How many children have to get tased or hauled out of school in handcuffs for drawing on their desks or drawing a picture of a gun because they were drawing their daddy who just happens to be a soldier?

How many more times do off-duty cops get to attack people over simple misunderstandings outside wedding receptions, dog-piling and beating the victim to death, all the while yelling "STOP RESISTING?"

How many times do we witness New York cops body blocking innocent bicyclists to the ground and then lying about it to make the citizen look like the aggressor, just so they can make an arrest?

How many more paramedics have to get choked on the side of the road while on a call because a cop was out of control? Fortunately, that cop was eventually fired, though he probably already has another law enforcement job elsewhere, making it his third, having been fired twice for excessive force.

How many more cops get to point their gun in a drive through window at a fast food joint because of a dispute over the food or service?

How many more states have to rule outrages, like saying a cop can bust down your door for any or no reason, leaving you no recourse but to appeal after the fact--from your cell?

How many more memos have to leak that tell school resource officers to NOT be Officer Friendly, but an occupying force in riot gear, before you consider that things have changed?

How many more Kuehnlines do we need? He, too, was eventually fired, but it took practically an act of congress, and then the other cops, instead of recognizing he was a bad apple, threaten the kid who got him fired. How many cops, like the ones in Rochester, believe they have the right to order a private citizen to not film them from his OWN property and to go inside? And wasn't it L.A. in which cops were involved in a questionable shooting, found out they were being videod from a bystander's cell phone, confiscated it, smashed it, then put it back in his pocket? Had the videos from those three incidents not been made public, we'd never know about them, and the cops would have faced zero penalties, instead of the rather insufficient ones they did or will face.

Who was that jackball in Baltimore--Officer Salvatore Rivieri--who tackled and manhandled a scrawny teenager for calling him "Dude?" Screeched Rivieri, "You disrespected my badge, you disrespected my department, you disrespected my uniform!" or some such ridiculous tantrum.

Far from there being widespread antagonism towards police, most of society gives them outrageous deference. A cop in Oregon named Meservey murdered a drunk outside a bar in cold blood--first degree murder--and got away with it despite the testimony of the other cop at the scene who said it was unjustified, because servile jurors were swayed by the PBA shyster who said no cop should ever be locked up for a decision made under stress in the heat of the moment.

Bad apples, sure. The majority of them, and they make the few honest peace officers look bad.

Last edited:

chillyhiker

Active Expediter
Wow you sure see the world through different eyes.....but hey im sure you know more about it than I .....but ill still buy you a cup of coffee sometime if I see you out there....you are entitled. To your opinion ....take cae

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
What a job to have, every time you pull someone over, never knowing whats going to happen, I just couldnt do it, God knows ive been pulled over many times, all deserved, sometimes they let me go, other times they gave me a ticket, never once was an officer rude to me or me to them. I must say its one job I wouldnt do and i give credit to anyone thats willing to put there life on the line over a speeding violation. Everyone should try wearing a officers shoe before we smack them around for the job they have to do. Now that i sucked up, can you get my record cleared? hahaha.....j/k

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Having recently finished a lawsuit involving a city, city manager,a member of the local police force, several businesses, owners and employees. I can say with clarity that suing the police fails almost everytime because the Officers hide behind Govermental Immunity.
Not all police officers are rotten but a lot are. What happened to the height requirements of old, I see more Police that are under 5 feet, 9 inches. True brawn isn't the only means of control but I believe there would be a lot less use of the taser if the arresting officer was larger, not some micro midget who was too big for the circus.
It's very true that there are 2 sides to every story, it's too bad Ron can't post both sides and let us come to our own conclusions. Does it mean he is hiding something? Yes and No
why? because we are all basically adults, you dont need to be a rocket scientist to tell right from wrong, although you might need a degree in something to scrape the BS from it all. Innocent until proven guilty, looks like what i read that he was found guilty of somethings, it's a hard pill to swallow, but look at the bright side gas is around 4.00 a gal, the States can't sell a good American made car that gets a decent mileage rating, so owning a vehicle is less and less an ideal solution. You can be chauffered everywhere you go. hmmmmmmmmmmmm where is spellcheck can't find it hence I am forgiven for any mistakes

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Well, let's see...in my life, I've had 3 speeding tickets, 2 of them when I was a kid. The most recent was 1991. Beyond that, I got a ticket for a right turn on red, didn't see the sign. That was about 87 or 88. All of my few interactions with cops in which I've been close to being "on the wrong side of the law" have been minor traffic issues.

Wait, I take that back. When I was a guard, there was a brouhaha when I was detained for a few minutes for pulling a gun on someone, but once they found out it was in response to the other guy having pulled a bigass knife on me, they gave me my gun back and bade me a pleasant evening. But that was back when cops were cops, not soldiers.

No, what gave me my present attitude about cops started about 30 years ago, but it's only been noticeable the last 10 or so, and that's the militarization of cops.

The cops have forgotten a few things. They've forgotten that we own them, that they exist because we in society created them for our own security and that they exist at our pleasure. They now believe themselves to be the State's enforcers, no less so than Roscoe P. Coletrain to Boss Hogg.

They've forgotten that we're not in the military--that we're not trainees and they're not DIs. Certainly you've run across these jacktards.

They've forgotten their tasers aren't there for pain compliance but to give them another tool when they're in physical danger. Oh, boy, do they love their tasers!

They've forgotten they're accountable to the law. Actually, I have to give them a pass on this; it's the State that makes them unaccountable to the law. When they brutalize us, they investigate themselves and pronounce themselves not guilty. And that's usually the end of it.

Now, I'll admit that my 98/2 ratio is hyperbole. But it sure as hell ain't 2/98. I'd bet that 75% of cops shouldn't be cops, and most of the remaining 25% of decent cops are veterans that won't be around to keep the others reasonably in line.

Remember the case in Austin, TX in which a rookie cop was arresting an old man, and his T.O. told him to tase the guy? The rookie didn't, because he already had the old man under control and no more force was justified. The rookie cop was cashiered for not following the illegal order.

How many senior citizens have to get tased before the average citizen figures out something is wrong? How many children have to get tased or hauled out of school in handcuffs for drawing on their desks or drawing a picture of a gun because they were drawing their daddy who just happens to be a soldier?

How many more times do off-duty cops get to attack people over simple misunderstandings outside wedding receptions, dog-piling and beating the victim to death, all the while yelling "STOP RESISTING?"

How many times do we witness New York cops body blocking innocent bicyclists to the ground and then lying about it to make the citizen look like the aggressor, just so they can make an arrest?

How many more paramedics have to get choked on the side of the road while on a call because a cop was out of control? Fortunately, that cop was eventually fired, though he probably already has another law enforcement job elsewhere, making it his third, having been fired twice for excessive force.

How many more cops get to point their gun in a drive through window at a fast food joint because of a dispute over the food or service?

How many more states have to rule outrages, like saying a cop can bust down your door for any or no reason, leaving you no recourse but to appeal after the fact--from your cell?

How many more memos have to leak that tell school resource officers to NOT be Officer Friendly, but an occupying force in riot gear, before you consider that things have changed?

How many more Kuehnlines do we need? He, too, was eventually fired, but it took practically an act of congress, and then the other cops, instead of recognizing he was a bad apple, threaten the kid who got him fired. How many cops, like the ones in Rochester, believe they have the right to order a private citizen to not film them from his OWN property and to go inside? And wasn't it L.A. in which cops were involved in a questionable shooting, found out they were being videod from a bystander's cell phone, confiscated it, smashed it, then put it back in his pocket? Had the videos from those three incidents not been made public, we'd never know about them, and the cops would have faced zero penalties, instead of the rather insufficient ones they did or will face.

Who was that jackball in Baltimore--Officer Salvatore Rivieri--who tackled and manhandled a scrawny teenager for calling him "Dude?" Screeched Rivieri, "You disrespected my badge, you disrespected my department, you disrespected my uniform!" or some such ridiculous tantrum.

Far from there being widespread antagonism towards police, most of society gives them outrageous deference. A cop in Oregon named Meservey murdered a drunk outside a bar in cold blood--first degree murder--and got away with it despite the testimony of the other cop at the scene who said it was unjustified, because servile jurors were swayed by the PBA shyster who said no cop should ever be locked up for a decision made under stress in the heat of the moment.

Bad apples, sure. The majority of them, and they make the few honest peace officers look bad.

Way to much baggage on ur mind there AM. A cool glass of icetea is in order IMHO

ron

Expert Expediter
I like the fact he has disappeared from this thread he started.
Oops they know the facts now.
I also like the fact he has the ignorance to claim no one stood up for him....not one witness....not even the Guy who said he didn't cause the accident.
Gee....he could have or would have been forced to testify if there was such a person.
Simple fact Ron was and is guilty...deal with the crime and the punishment that goes with it.
A person was killed due to his negligence I shed no tears or concern for him....he placed himself in the boat and he has to grow up and pay the price.
Is that cold? Maybe. But I can't tolerate people who kill people then blame the system....then on top of that use the Bible to attack the system and people who believe in justice.

Guess what,fortwayne? I'm still here,and every thing I've told the forum here on what has happened to me I have all the documantion to back it up !!! From the Ohio Highway patrol accident report,to the rejection letters from the Ohio Department of Public Safety,the Ohio State Bar,the Ohio State Supreme court. I was informed on Sept 9,2011 that the only way I'll get my Michigan driver license reinstated by Ohio is to have my accident expunged from my record, or be aquitted. Here is the bad side I was told that if I don't get aquitted this time the Fostoria Municipal Court has the right to re-file for the orignal charges,and give me 7 yrs in prison that they wanted in the first place. Would you gamble your life on 7 years? I think not.I don't appreciate you folks on this forum saying I'm not telling the truth here. I was just letting other drivers know how easy it is for police officer to manipulate the facts to cost you your CDL. I haven't had a driver license for six years now. If anyone don't believe me...and your in the neighborhood of Hwy 224,and Us 23. There is a truck stop,and gas station on the corner with a resturant You just ask them what they saw.

Rikk

Expert Expediter
Have you tried calling OOIDA?

Call the MI state bar association ask for a referal to a Mi lawyer that is versed in criminal
Traffic and that is admitted in OH.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Rikk

Expert Expediter
I don't care for cops much and have no criminal history. Ones I have met personally and professionally
Lack 'ego controll'. Typical liberal type thinking. We are from the government, we know better than you
So we are going to tell you what to do, how to do it, and when or where it can be done.

Off my soap box now.... :)

Rikk

Expert Expediter

Amen!!

Camper

Not a Member
Guess what,fortwayne? I'm still here,and every thing I've told the forum here on what has happened to me I have all the documantion to back it up !!! From the Ohio Highway patrol accident report,to the rejection letters from the Ohio Department of Public Safety,the Ohio State Bar,the Ohio State Supreme court. I was informed on Sept 9,2011 that the only way I'll get my Michigan driver license reinstated by Ohio is to have my accident expunged from my record, or be aquitted. Here is the bad side I was told that if I don't get aquitted this time the Fostoria Municipal Court has the right to re-file for the orignal charges,and give me 7 yrs in prison that they wanted in the first place. Would you gamble your life on 7 years? I think not.I don't appreciate you folks on this forum saying I'm not telling the truth here. I was just letting other drivers know how easy it is for police officer to manipulate the facts to cost you your CDL. I haven't had a driver license for six years now. If anyone don't believe me...and your in the neighborhood of Hwy 224,and Us 23. There is a truck stop,and gas station on the corner with a resturant You just ask them what they saw.

It seems to me, the gentleman with the crystal ball from Indiana owes you an apology.

Camper

Not a Member
Ron just has a problem with the facts, he leaves out important facts like he plead no contest to vehicular manslaughter to avoid the likely hood of getting convicted of aggrevated vehicular manslaughter. He claims he has a witness that says the car ran the light yet did not mention multiple witnesses saying he was at fault and had made a left turn in front of the car. He also acts like he can get his CDL back again but again forgets to mention his heart attack that resulted in a stent being put in, no way he will be driving. All this complaining from Ron over 80 hours of community service, $353 paid to the court, and losing his CDL which would have been gone just after the accident anyway, the mentally retarded man that he killed can't even complain a little. Ron you have done to much complaining about this on other driving sites just looking for people to feel bad for you, well I don't, the way you twist and leave out facts proves you are dishonest.

Fostoria Municipal Court - Docket entry on traffic case number TRD 0501479

Ohio State Police playing politics cost me my CDL - Truckers Trucking Forum | Largest CDL Truck Driver Message Board

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/rwwood48/2005Newsarticle001.jpg

You know Paul,

Whether the stuff you dug up on this guy is legit or not is besides the point. You, pal crossed a line by going out of your way to discredit a fellow member who has been driving longer than you've been alive. nobody here knows the particulars of this case and I admit to having my own questions about Ron's story. However, you don't know what was left out of the court docket you pulled up, any more than you know what was left out of Ron's story. It is my opinion that you owe him an apology.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
You know Paul,

Whether the stuff you dug up on this guy is legit or not is besides the point. You, pal crossed a line by going out of your way to discredit a fellow member who has been driving longer than you've been alive. nobody here knows the particulars of this case and I admit to having my own questions about Ron's story. However, you don't know what was left out of the court docket you pulled up, any more than you know what was left out of Ron's story. It is my opinion that you owe him an apology.

What is with you and this idea that you can discredit what I say or do because of my age? Look how many times you have brought it up to try and show what I say has no merit instead of just proving me wrong. I decided to look into it because he was clearly being deceitful in his story and I was interested in the truth. He has different versions of the story on other websites and I did not just rely on court documents I used his own words which prove that what he has stated here is not true.

Camper

Not a Member
What is with you and this idea that you can discredit what I say or do because of my age? Look how many times you have brought it up to try and show what I say has no merit instead of just proving me wrong. I decided to look into it because he was clearly being deceitful in his story and I was interested in the truth. He has different versions of the story on other websites and I did not just rely on court documents I used his own words which prove that what he has stated here is not true.

Your age, level of maturity and pattern of comments(interactions with other members) speaks volumes. I'm going to just leave it at that.

The bottom line is you're essentially assuming Ron is lying based on information that may or may not be conclusive. As I've said before, I have my own questions regarding his story but I'm not privy enough to the situation to be posting any conclusion and neither are you. This is the last I'll say regarding this issue.

I highly suggest you apologize to Ron for basically calling him a liar.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Your age, level of maturity and pattern of comments(interactions with other members) speaks volumes. I'm going to just leave it at that.

This from the guy that attacks others because of what they think and calls them names. I guess you are trying to refer to clcooper, again, you are assuming you know all of my interactions with him which you clearly do not since there were also PM's involved, I guess you owe me an apology.

The bottom line is you're essentially assuming Ron is lying based on information that may or may not be conclusive. As I've said before, I have my own questions regarding his story but I'm not privy enough to the situation to be posting any conclusion and neither are you. This is the last I'll say regarding this issue.

No, I am saying Ron has left any part of the story out that makes him look bad which is conclusive based on his own words, news articles, and court documents. Again you keep saying I am assuming things even though I posted the proof so there is no assumption, prove what I said is an assumption, I used the evidence that is there including Ron's own words.

I highly suggest you apologize to Ron for basically calling him a liar.

Once he proves his varying stories aren't really his or that he was wronged by the justice system through corruption or incompetence I will be more than happy to apologize. Until then though he put his story out here to be judged and there is no reason to complain just because someone looked at the evidence and thinks he is wrong.