credit repair service

paullud

Veteran Expediter
"Oh, Oh! Mr. Ramsey. What can I do?. I bought this house for 110% of it Appraised value. On a Non verifiable income loan. On top of that my unemployment extensions may run out in 2012. After five years I cant find anyone new to sell my Food Stamps too.
Now a very nice Company that sent me a piece of plastic with three pages of information with it. That said I had five thousand dollars of credit because I'm such a nice guy. So I called two friends to help get me off the couch, and we spent it at Tattoo parlours and Strip clubs.
Now if you can believe it. They want me to honor my obligations! What ever shall I do?"

"My son. I'm sure your a good Christian just like myself. Ignore it. Wait for a couple of years. Then offer 50% or less on the dollar. Bless you. If you don't understand, send $30.00 cash only and I'll send you a book on how to beat them out of the money you have been fronted.":p:D

I didn't think you actually listened to his show from your previous comments, this one just proved I was right. You shouldn't put down what you don't really listen to it can help others, or maybe you don't comprehend what he is saying but either way you couldn't be further from the truth.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Fraud? Illegal? Really? What is the law? Can you find it for me? We live in Michigan . . . perhaps I should be in jail? Actually, there are numerous errors on most credit reports, including some that used to be on mine. Those are gone. My ex-wife used my credit to get credit and then defaulted . . . shouldn't I be able to get that removed? The truth is that many negative reports can be put on your report that are not truthful, or are only partially truthful, but all affect you negatively.

It's my understanding that the law allows for challenges to anything on my credit report that I feel is inaccurate, and the company that reported that information has a limited time to either prove it or not. If they don't, the negative info is removed. It seems the law allows the process so I'm confused why you would accuse me of fraud?

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
They simply send a dispute letter to each of your negative accounts and to each of your credit inquiries that state the magic words, "this is not my account". Presto! Within two months my credit score went up 67 points, on average at each of the 3 credit reporting agencies.

I believe this us what Paullud was referring to...to own an account and when it becomes negative, all of a sudden disown it...please tell us you worded that statement incorrectly and that you did not become a willing party to the duplicitous practice of "book cooking", which is what this would be.

I live in Michigan also. I spent many years as an office manager in a small business. One thing I know for sure, when it comes to money, with the Feds there are no gray areas. What the credit repair company did, if I am reading your post correctly, is fraudulent. Of course, they made sure you signed releases and permissions so if it is questioned, they will be absolved, and you would be left holding the bag. Think about it: if they will dupe your creditors rather than work with them, then what are you to them? Nothing.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

Last edited:

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
The law allows me to challenge any item on the report, regardless of who feels it may or may not be valid. That's a fact. THEN, the credit bureau asks the company that filed the item on the report to verify. THEN, if they don't verify within a certain time, the item is to be removed BY LAW. If they do verify it to the satisfaction of the credit bureau, it stays.

No law is broken. Nobody goes to jail. Sorry, but that's how it works. Go try to put someone else in jail. I'm busy. :p

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Oh yeah, by the way. I'd appreciate it if only those that have never hauled over their GVW weight reply to my comments as I'd rather not have dishonest drivers accuse me of being dishonest. :D

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
And we're gonna put the cuffs on you log book liars too.

But then again, after all this, will there be anyone left to post on the site???? :eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes, you can dispute anything you feel is in error, but if you state the magic words, "this is not my account", and the account is, in fact, your account, and you know it, that's fraud. The US Code of Federal Regulations define fraud as intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual. Depending on the nature of the fraud, it can be a criminal law violation, or a civil law violation.

As an example, if your ex-wife used your credit, it's still your credit, your account, not hers, and if you state, "this is not my account", then you're committing fraud.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Oh yeah, by the way. I'd appreciate it if only those that have never hauled over their GVW weight reply to my comments as I'd rather not have dishonest drivers accuse me of being dishonest. :D

Never do. For the sake of wear and tear on the vehicle, which is the one source of major income, plus what if he got caught? Major ramifications could ensue, and it would be no one's fault but his for accepting the load. No one to bend, fanagle or twist him out of his own mess. He wouldn't expect nor accept help.

Not everyone skirts the law...some of us have consequential thought processes. Which means we work, play, pay within our means.

I guess "marginally legally acceptable" allows some people to sleep at night. However they can justify it...I just don't trust too many other folks handling my finances.

One day this questionable practice will stop. I am willing to bet other changes to the credit score repair method will also be instituted, as often happens in the collatertal fallout of fiducial restructuring. The result? People and advisors who would be aboveboard in this situation will find their hands tied.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The law allows me to challenge any item on the report, regardless of who feels it may or may not be valid. That's a fact. THEN, the credit bureau asks the company that filed the item on the report to verify. THEN, if they don't verify within a certain time, the item is to be removed BY LAW. If they do verify it to the satisfaction of the credit bureau, it stays.

No law is broken. Nobody goes to jail. Sorry, but that's how it works. Go try to put someone else in jail. I'm busy. :p

If you dispute an item just to hide it from a lender you are committing a fraud when you dispute it and also when you fill out the loan application. I believe it may fall under theft by deception as well.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
If you dispute an item just to hide it from a lender you are committing a fraud when you dispute it and also when you fill out the loan application. I believe it may fall under theft by deception as well.

Yep. Bank fraud. Can get ya 1-20 in a Federal pen depending on the dollar amount involved and the mood of the judge on sentencing day.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Wow! You guys are on a rant here! Tell the feds where I am. Tell 'em to come get me!

Obviously there's a difference between your version and what actually happens. As I said, you CAN get your credit score improved by methods allowed, and prescribed, by law. I did it and so have many others.

Sorry you have an opinion that simply doesn't match the facts. :p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry you have an opinion that simply doesn't match the facts.
Well, let me ask you this... have you ever uttered (or written) those "magic words" about an account that was yours, and you knew it was yours, but you said those "magic words" about the account anyway?

Just doing a little fact-finding is all. :)

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Well, when you get appointed as my supervisor in life (The Boss of Me) I'll respond to your personal inquiries about my past activities.

Until that happens, I suggest you contact your law enforcement folks and tell them that I've committed a fraud and that I should be arrested, prosecuted, and jailed. I'm sure that your concerns will be handled appropriately.

However, seeing as you have so much advice and criticism for me, let me give you a bit back. Instead of trying so desperately to perpetuate an argument here on this forum forever, perhaps you should spend less time commenting so prolifically on every topic here and take up another hobby to pass your time, say knitting or cross-word puzzles?

Assuming you won't take up that advice, go ahead and send law enforcement after me. I'm not holding my breath though. :D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I think everyone is just going by what you said that you sent letters to all your creditors and got stuff removed.
If the errors were removed, fine that is legal, if legitimate stuff was removed that is illegal. It's as easy as that.
As far as paying someone to do it, sure you can pay someone, but they don't really do anything you couldn't have done yourself
Is there service worth $1000? H ell No, a couple hundred maybe, depends on how much your time is worth.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Well, when you get appointed as my supervisor in life (The Boss of Me) I'll respond to your personal inquiries about my past activities.

Until that happens, I suggest you contact your law enforcement folks and tell them that I've committed a fraud and that I should be arrested, prosecuted, and jailed. I'm sure that your concerns will be handled appropriately.

However, seeing as you have so much advice and criticism for me, let me give you a bit back. Instead of trying so desperately to perpetuate an argument here on this forum forever, perhaps you should spend less time commenting so prolifically on every topic here and take up another hobby to pass your time, say knitting or cross-word puzzles?

Assuming you won't take up that advice, go ahead and send law enforcement after me. I'm not holding my breath though. :D

Calm down it will be OK, try and take a nap and maybe you won't be so snippy. The person asked a question about using these services and he was advised that they will do things the wrong way, I am not judging what you do it is your problem to handle should one arise. Yes you can have incorrect information removed but just because it is negative does not make it incorrect, but these companies don't care.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If one wants to do the honorable thing and pay their debts the Dave Ramsey method of beans and rice, smallest to largest, is probably the best method. If one doesn't honor their promises then many additional options become available.

Dave Ramsey gives sound advice and a system that works well if followed precisely.

One of, if not the biggest, problems is people maintaining 400 channels of cable tv, 2 levels of speed upgrade on internet, gym membership, fridges full of beer and assorted other things while giving lip service to fixing their problems.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You're the one who brought them up. You stated what you claimed to be facts, even called them facts, then said there's a difference between our version and what actually happens, and chided us about having opinions that were different from the facts. When you said, "...but the facts are.." we assumed you were telling the truth and giving actual facts. But you indicated possibly otherwise, so to clarify and clear up any misunderstanding, I asked you a simple question, to which you refuse to give an answer, which implies very strongly that you were not, in fact, giving us the fact before, and were instead either outright lying or being intentionally deceptive.

And now after being called on it, you attack me personally instead of addressing the actual issues. If you don't want questions raised about your personal past activities, then don't post about your personal past activities. Duh.

However, seeing as you have so much advice and criticism for me, let me give you a bit back.
I offered no advice nor gave any criticism. I merely asked a question, a question that you now seem incredibly defensive about. I wonder why that is? Perhaps it is because the facts you initially offered us were not, in fact, facts at all, and were simply misleading exaggerations or outright fabrications created for some unknown personal reasons of ego to dispense incorrect or false and possibly dangerous advice, or is it perhaps that you did, in fact, commit fraud and are now loathe to actually admit it?

But, hey, you keep right on ignoring the question and instead change all this to be about me in telling me that I should take up knitting or crossword puzzles instead of daring to question you on your claims and assertions. Yeah, that's the ticket. That'll make you look honest and truthful, and will certainly clear up any possible misunderstandings we may have in the matter. <snort>

denny2010

Expert Expediter
my thoughts are this... you spent money (slide the plastic) just pay for it. alot of people want free hand outs. no-one forced you to use them. believe me, i know my fair share of spending. but i pay it back. if you cant pay all, make arrangements.. but thats my 2 cents worth.....

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
No, here's how it actually worked;
1. The guy asked for a credit repair service.
2. A million people chimed in telling him they were scams.
3. I added that at least one credit repair service worked.
4. I was informed I committed fraud by several "experts".
5. I've not been arrested.
6. Several "experts" continue to insist I committed fraud.
7. They apparently they don't even know the credit repair firm does everything, all I did was pay the bill. I sent took no other action or "sent letters" myself.
8. Nobody's in jail yet, not even the credit repair people, even though they do it exactly what I said everyday.
9. The fact is at least one firm did what they said they would do.
10. I think these folks that are so passionate about me allegedly committing fraud are completely nuts.
11. So I said so.
12. Just because some of them have the time to write chapter after chapter seemingly every hour does not make them right, it just makes them boring.
That's my opinion. :D

And nobody's in jail yet.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
No, here's how it actually worked;
1. The guy asked for a credit repair service.
2. A million people chimed in telling him they were scams.
3. I added that at least one credit repair service worked.
4. I was informed I committed fraud by several "experts".
5. I've not been arrested.
6. Several "experts" continue to insist I committed fraud.
7. They apparently they don't even know the credit repair firm does everything, all I did was pay the bill. I sent took no other action or "sent letters" myself.
8. Nobody's in jail yet, not even the credit repair people, even though they do it exactly what I said everyday.
9. The fact is at least one firm did what they said they would do.
10. I think these folks that are so passionate about me allegedly committing fraud are completely nuts.
11. So I said so.
12. Just because some of them have the time to write chapter after chapter seemingly every hour does not make them right, it just makes them boring.
That's my opinion. :D

And nobody's in jail yet.

I am not saying they do not work but the work they do for the most part is fraudulent. If they send letters to dispute negative information even on things you know are yours then it is fraud, there is no way to deny it. If you are getting something removed that is incorrect that is not an issue but that is not what these people do, they put all negative information in a dispute status to hide it from lenders while you go get a loan or mortgage.