Osama Bin Laden is DEAD!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I think Obama just wanted to preempt the celebrity apprentice tonight lol

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
CNN and Fox are confirming that he is indeed dead. We've had his body for a week, they're saying, checking DNA and such.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great news! The war on terrorism is over. The Office of Homeland Security will be disbanded and TSA agents will receive unemployment benefits. I can fly, I can fly!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can fly, I can fly!

PeterPan.jpg

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bin Laden is dead and the real birth certificate has finally been shown. Well, at least one of them has a chance at being true.

Deville

Not a Member
Finally! As an NYC resident this has personal meaning to me. I will never forget that day, waking uo to the horrible news that we were attacked. I'll never forget going outside & thinking what a beautifull day it was, looking up & see the plums of thick black smoke in the sky.

It may get worse before it gets better, but the workd will be able to breathe easier now that this monster is dead.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Life is full of strange twists and turns. Nearly ten years ago, on September 11th I explained to my young son, then in middle school, that the United States had been attacked by Muslim fanatics.
Tonight, I called my son in Camp Lejeune to tell him Osama bin Laden had been killed by American forces in Pakistan. The phone call, placed at 11pm woke my son from a deep sleep. His Marine unit has been drilling outdoors for two consecutive weeks in anticipation of their next deployment to Afghanistan. No, my son informed me, he hadn't heard the news about bin Laden's death. Knowing his 18 hour day starts at 0430am, I urged Ross to go back to sleep. Earlier today, Al Qaeda announced the launch of their Spring offensive in Afghanistan. The war goes on.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
While we're mostly happy here in the US, the feeling isn't universal. Even in Canada the support that I thought we'd get isn't there.

At the time of me reading this comment, it had 10 who agree w/ it & 8 who didn't. The comment posted was:

What a great way to start the day!!!.........excellent news!

So out of 18 people who saw that comment.. Friggen EIGHT didn't agree.

In reading the comments that I've read so far, I'd say that bin laden seems to be getting support in about 25% of em. Unreal.

Osama bin Laden killed, Obama says - World - CBC News

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
And a few more-

That's what i'm talkin about!!!........Good job USA!!!

So far has 10 agrees, 9 disagrees

and

Hooyah, SEALs!

Outstanding.

So far has 6 agrees, 7 disagrees.

If that's the support we're getting from Canada I can only imagine what it's like in the rest of the world.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
From one of the comments on that page...

The biggest enemy of the Muslims is dead, this creep and his organization are responsible for the deaths of 10 of thousands of Muslims...good riddance, but there is much work still to do, in ridding the world of this plague on mankind...look for al Qaeda, to step up it's attacks on the innocent, just to prove they're not finished yet..

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
What a good morning! :D

I have been searching for reaction in the UK and one theme that is coming through is scepticism because, in the main, of this .......

"US media reports said that the body was buried at sea to conform with Islamic practice of a burial within 24 hours and to prevent any grave becoming a shrine"

On the whole though everyone is more than happy.

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
Like the Japanees Emperior Hirowhoever said when they attacked the US at Pearl Harbor, "I'm afraid all we've done is awaken a sleeping giant." In this case, sleeping Muslim fanactics!
Oh Well, Our Navy Seals can fix their a** too.
Go Seals!!!!!! HELL of a job! Don't stop now!!! This is STILL OUR COUNTRY!
Jumbuck

rooster21

Seasoned Expediter
I think the news should air a recap of the 911 incident and all the lives lost.

Let's put our brothers and sisters to rest respectfully now this tyrant is dead.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
God Bless America! Thank you to our armed forces and the agencies that worked to make this happen. I wish it had come much sooner, but it is a stark reminder to every terroist, "no one" who attacks our country is safe.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
CNN and Fox are confirming that he is indeed dead. We've had his body for a week, they're saying, checking DNA and such.

Guess those early reports of having his body for a week turned out to be false......hadda quote myself to back track! :D