An open letter to Flying J corp.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Ok, I admit I've made some cracks at your expense in re: the ubiquitous pot roast, macaroni and cheese, and fried chicken on your buffets. But I hereby publicly promise to never to do so again if you'll reverse your decision to contract Denny's to provide food service in your plazas. Please, please, please, please accept my apology and bring back your wonderful restaurants. This Denny's thing just isn't working out.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
from a business point..this is the best thing they could do...
the less employees on the payroll the better...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
from a business point..this is the best thing they could do...
the less employees on the payroll the better...

There is more than the payroll issue. They can now count on a steady known income from that floor space, assuming that Denny's is leasing the space. The "J" can now handle being a truck stop. Denny's will handle health board inspections. I always thought that leasing out that space to a chain like Denny's would be a smart move.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
There is more than the payroll issue. They can now count on a steady known income from that floor space, assuming that Denny's is leasing the space. The "J" can now handle being a truck stop. Denny's will handle health board inspections. I always thought that leasing out that space to a chain like Denny's would be a smart move.

I Hope that the Denny's Going into yhe "Js" are better Than the One at I-75 and Buck Road in Rossford! That Place Sucks! Bad service, and Bad Tasting Food.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I Hope that the Denny's Going into yhe "Js" are better Than the One at I-75 and Buck Road in Rossford! That Place Sucks! Bad service, and Bad Tasting Food.

Hard to believe one can be that bad over another...

same prepackaged food nearly the same everything..EXCEPT the person who prepares it...and how clean they keep the grill and change the oil...

guido4475

Not a Member

Just that one? heck, it's more like the whole chain of Flying J restaurants that suck bigtime.Food is bland, with no taste, never hot, but lukewarm,overpriced, need I go on?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just that one? heck, it's more like the whole chain of Flying J restaurants that suck bigtime.Food is bland, with no taste, never hot, but lukewarm,overpriced, need I go on?

Don't forget that the "J" and most truck stop chains that run eateries tend to concentrate on the three main food groups, FAT, BULK and SALT.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Hard to believe one can be that bad over another...

same prepackaged food nearly the same everything..EXCEPT the person who prepares it...and how clean they keep the grill and change the oil...

Well It Is! I Quit going in there about a Year ago because of it, I Guess they could Have Changed some things over the Past year, But I am in no Hurry to go back and Find Out Either.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Poorboy..where did you end up driving...new carrier? owner ? what...give us the scoop...we nosey fellas need the news...:p

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Poorboy..where did you end up driving...new carrier? owner ? what...give us the scoop...we nosey fellas need the news...:p

Enquiring Minds Eh? Lol
Right now I am Driving Locally for my Cousin who has a Small Fleet of Semi's Hauling building Materials. I Really Liked E-1 for the Little time I was There and Hope to go back when I Find a Different Owner that Doesn't Micro Manage like the Last One did! I'm the Kind of Guy who Likes to be Left alone and do my Job and not be Bothered and Just make money for the Both of us! So Hopefully I will find another Owner when the Busy season for Building Materials is over And get back Out there! I Kinda Miss Not being on the Road But this way I can Go Fishing and enjoy my Boat. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
building looks to be picking up somewhat...might be a good gig for awhile....

Good luck...and hope they are biting!!:D

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Do you know if they are leasing that space out to these chains? That would be a win win in my opinion.

If these three chains are all involved, that would help. But if it's just Denny's, which is all I've seen so far, noooooo...

That would be a win-win-lose, and the diner's are on the short end of the stick. Flying J and Petro were the bright spots in the industry, and since Petro doesn't have an expediter shower/frequent fueler loyalty card for showers, that left the Hook. I can't say I've never had a bad meal at a Hook, but they've been the exception to the rule.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
If these three chains are all involved, that would help. But if it's just Denny's, which is all I've seen so far, noooooo

Oh, and btw, don't bother going into the Denny's at the Hook in Carlisle, PA. Yechhhh... Tried the Surf and Turf, which at Denny's is a tuna sandwich with beef gravy.
9th commandment disclaimer: Not really. Just a joke.