1st Census Casualty

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Let's take a few real numbers in the census of Appalachia and extrapolate the rest. It's better for everyone. Assume Eastern Kentucky is just like West Virginia, only more so. Census by consensus.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
ya know what everyone there is an ignore feature that when selected we will not see this guys posts at all....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Relax SirBill, I was speaking in general and will continue to do so. WE all should play nice you and I included. Just lighten up. :cool:
We ALL lose when those who own this site are FORCED to ban people. NO ONE WINS!!

Last edited:

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
You said you and that other fool not you and that fool.
Do you understand the English language? You called us both fools and that poorboy IS a personal attack.

You just proved my Point then---Right? :D Hey Leo, If what I said is Construed as a Personal Attack then I'm ready for My Warning! But I Can see where sirbill is trying to read between the lines Lol !
That Better Billy?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I will often attack what was posted, many times without even taking note of who posted it. I don't care who posted it. For all I know, the poster may have 17 different screen names here. I don't care. I post to what was posted, rather than to who posted it, in most instances. Once a thread starts going downhill with the use of the word "you", it gets personal and soon devolves into a useless, worthless, uninteresting thread.

LRE is a special case, in several senses of the phrase, who quite likely has a man-crush on me, so I will humor him when I'm in the mood. But this thread is a good example of discussing the issues and the bizarreness of the case, and then LRE swoops in to take it to a personal level. How many details I do or do not know is quite irrelevant to the thread. Why he would broach that topic I have no idea, unless he was dropped as a child from a great height, which would explain the chronic brain farts that he exhibits here from time to time.

Others, like Poorboy, are fun and engaging to go back and forth with. It's not personal, it's just fun and engaging, and you can learn about a lot of things when you do that. Once it goes personal, all learning stops.

Bill, on the other hand, wants people to call him Sir, without even attempting to earn that kind of respect. Ironically, that means he will have to work twice as hard to earn even a modicum of respect. But a new member who posts like a veteran shouldn't find that too difficult. I crack myself up. :D

"turtles crack about being dropped as a baby is also a personal attack."

No, sorry. One, it was in response to LRE taking a thread personal against me, and two, it was not an attack, merely a question to illustrate how dumbfounded I was that he or anyone would take this thread to a personal level. It's not logical or sane, hence my query.

I'm a Golden Rule kinda guy. I won't, or rather will rarely, attack someone, for the obvious reasons contained within the Golden Rule. I'm not perfect to be sure, but I try my best to treat others the way I wish to be treated.

So there, dirtbag.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You just proved my Point then---Right? :D Hey Leo, If what I said is Construed as a Personal Attack then I'm ready for My Warning! But I Can see where sirbill is trying to read between the lines Lol !
That Better Billy?

hey poorboy you are not alone in the corner..I attacked him as well....I am ready Leo.....punish me!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you are in fact a fool, and someone states that fact, is it still an insult?
Just asking.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey Great Shelled One, is that the same thing as the "pot calling the kettle black"? :D

Last edited:

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I don't believe you need to read between the lines to know that (you and that other fool) is an insult.

Ok, Fine then, I Hurt your Feelings, But I'm thinking that It's Guilt by Association! Maybe I should have put in a Comma After the word You? Would that make it better? Now lets Move onto the Thread where this should have been going in the First Place!
Sheesh!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Having lived in England I can safely say that NO ONE in here speaks "English". We speak "Standard American English" otherwise known as 'Merican!!! (pronounce MURICAN, with marbles in your mouth) Comas and other forms of punctuation are optional, much like turn signals on 4 wheelers. :rolleyes:

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I guess your English teacher did not earn their money. The comma would not fix the problem. The word (other) is where you need to look. If you want to say you and that fool then you are only personally attacking one person. If you feel the need to personally attack both then you did well.

I'll tell ya What! The way you are Carrying on about this only makes me think that I should have Called you a Fool, But I Didn't so Get over it!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But when I was in England I had a British college professor that firmly believed that Americans spoke English closer to that of what Shakespere spoke that then Birts do!! We still use the letter "H" in many of our words. We say "Hospital" as in Jim was taken to the hospital. The Brits would say. Bill was taken to 'Ospital. They would normally leave out the word the and the "H". Bet you did not find that on the street corner. :rolleyes:

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
You absolutley called me a fool, why not just admit it? If I saw you and someone else on a street and later said to you. Hey poorboy I saw you and some other idiot on the corner. I would in fact be calling you an idiot. I would never do that but do you now see?

Tell ya what, This is My LAST Response to this subject! I'm sure No one else wants to read all of these to get to some sensible Dialogue so I will not Respond again!! Got it? But I stand on what I Said Previously!! So Get Over it!! I Won't Admit to something I Never did so Don't hold your Breath--Ok? Welllllll Maybe it would be Better if You DID Hold your Breath!!

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can also say that where I lived in North Yorkshire was the ONLY place that I have EVER seen it rain UP!!! It did that OFTEN there.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You absolutley called me a fool, why not just admit it?
So what if he did call you a fool? Are your widdle Internet feelings hurt?

Stupid is as stupid does, especially on the Internet. But, the Internet ain't real. You can be anything on the Internet that you want. You can be an 18 year old hot blond chick on the Internet, when in reality you're just a 40 year old fat bald man in his mother's basement sitting there in skid-marked boxers eating Doritos and drinking Coca-Cola. The Internet will never know. Whether you're a fool or not is irrelevant, simply quit acting like one and people will think you're not.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
But when I was in England I had a British college professor that firmly believed that Americans spoke English closer to that of what Shakespere spoke that then Birts do!! We still use the letter "H" in many of our words. We say "Hospital" as in Jim was taken to the hospital. The Brits would say. Bill was taken to 'Ospital. They would normally leave out the word the and the "H". Bet you did not find that on the street corner. :rolleyes:
You will find the best preserved examples of Elizabethtan English in the backwoods and hollows of Appalachia where geographic isolation has left the language unadulterated for the past three or four centuries. Listen closely to an Appalachian speak and you can almost imagine what the voice of Abraham Lincoln sounded like. What we owe to our Scot/Irish ancestors is incalculable.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Very much so. The use of "English" is varied and VERy interesting!! Listen to the speach of a true "Eastern Shoreman" on the eastern shore of Maryland sometime.