Would you take Higher Rate and less Miles or More Miles and Lower Rate?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
With regards to rates, it has to be a balance. Can have high rate but if you do one load a week, it better be a good one. Too cheap, and it just gets ugly. Combination of one load a week and a cheap rate, time to shop another carrier.
No need to complicate the simple.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
This is why i do other thing's to make money
Should have hobby , write a book of short story's, write music
I have sold Mary Kay , mason shoes , lap top, gen set etc
Find a side line of sorts

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As per mile is good on long runs but on short runs isn't.
Percent is good Really good on short runs but not on long runs all the time.
Company wont give the best of both worlds. Tolls is an issue that the needs to
be figured in. Can't run freight for free.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It seems Cargo Van rates are .75 to .85 w/ surcharge for most carriers with other carriers paying .90-$1.00 a mile offering less miles per week.

With average mileage guarantees by recruiters around 1000-1500 depending on carrier. Can someone chime in and give us something a little more of what the actual reality is. Looking to possibly select a carrier this spring 2016 and run part time so I'm looking for a carrier with lower weekly fees around $50-60 a month including everything. A carrier that goes nationwide west coast and Tx in Sprinter is preferred. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!
Got 2 friends running for
Allstate, avg about 88 cpm o/o, mileage there is 2000 to just last week one of them got 3000 and never went past Memphis,,,go figure...............one is in a Dodge Promaster 1500 , the other in a one ton cargo van....