update from ctx post

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry yall, this will be my last post for Ctx, as of today i was approached by the supervisor of opps Bobby, who with respect kinda told me he was not impressed by my thread here a expediters online, but the thing is guys, want i wanted to get is this biz kinda sucks right now, no i am not happy about the cuts, but i will say this about CTX The dispatchers are probably the best i have dealt with so far, and beleive me, i have been around the block, they treated me with great respect, and work their tails off to get you moving especially lauren, tamika, who i owe a alot of thanks to, but anyhow i just got word that i was put outta service, so, like i said this is my last post , best of luck to you all !!!

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
How did the director of Opps know you were posting online, Did YOU tell him or is he some kind of superslueth?

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Dean i wish you the bset luck in the owrld and to every one to we all need this luck specialy now with the economy is so bad. Thank you to said a good words for the people who deserve this because in all companys we know have a good and bad fox from us to of curse . I hope you are find a right place , good luck and God bless you !!!!

fastrod

Expert Expediter
Well maybe if Bobby would have spent more time trying to find loads for the O/Os instead of reading this forum he would not see these type of threads.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I've got to admit, this is something that really irks me about this forum. How are members to speak freely about their issues when their carriers are listening in? And if people can't speak freely, that lessens the value of this forum, at least in my eyes. Sorry administrators, this is a great thing you're doing, but it would be nice to have a chatroom or some kind of venue where non-advertisers could feel safe to ask for advice without fear of losing their status.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
pjjjjjj..you right....I'd cancel CTX's ad and ban thier IP from this site...they prolly would get in a different way but at least I'd have made a statement that usung anything from this site against another member is unacceptable....Dean said nothing wrong ....

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
[i just got word that i was put outta service, so, like i said this is my last post , best of luck to you all !!![/QUOTE]

WOW you speakum turth you gettum scalped. Maybe EO sould cancel thier ad here like someone else said. To bad we can't vote them off.

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
i,m all in for canceling all ctx ads. on this so i hope the powers that be will at least consider it if we can,t speak our mind without fear of getting put out of service then this is no longer a web site for the drivers but for the companys i did not see anything derogatory in his original post about ctx but just concerns about them lowering there rates which is a very bad thing with fuel prices

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i to am in agreement, ban them. this is the one thing that should not happen. would like to think that with some help this sort of thing could possibly come out even worse for ctx. put a owner oos for a concerned comment, obviously shows the demeaner of the owner and the operations people there. so sorry for the situation you are in, i just hope you are able to leave and go somewhere else. others should look at the big picture and consider doing this also. i for one think it shows no professionalism or loyalty on their part and bounders on adolecent behavior. i could go on forever on s*** like this, but i will just say good luck and tell your story to everyone you can. good luck and let us know of future plans, we are here to help. TNT

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Do carriers read these forums? Yes. I have always seen that as a positive for the industry. I can fill up pages of how we (you) have made carriers (and truck dealers) change their policies and practices based on your comments here.

Why would you want to deny them that? Why would you want to stop the good changes that do come out of your posts?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Believe it's called bittersweet. Take a chance. Columbus did. You seemed to want a change, and, you got one. Sooooo make the best of it, and govern yourself accordingly in the future.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i would think it is simple to post about your problems with your company. don't use your name. like it was said up there sumwhere how many deans are there driving sprinters?

good luck to you dean.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
CTX should not have gone in the defensive mode. Instead they should hear what the people are saying who makes up the company. In my “other life” I had an open door policy, any employee could come to me with any issues they deemed necessary to discuss. Well, two or three times a week this one guy was in my office complaining about this supervisor, that manager, this rule, that policy and so on. So, I ask for his help. He was to get with other employees and discuss problems or concerns and I would meet with him once a week to discuss the issues. I took the loudest, complainer and negative employee and turned him in to one of my best assets. The other employees looked upon him as having a little power over upper management. All began to show some pride in their work. Call in's and no shows for work dropped. Overtime went down, quality of work increased, damage to equipment decreased saving cost. This employee worked his way up to Assistant General Manager over the next few years.

You have to include employees in your day-to-day operation. Bottoms up management has been proven over and over to work for the company, not against them.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Dean stated that would be signing on with someone else in the coming week. That may very well be reason enough to place someone OOS and not trust them with any of your freight.

If he was put OOS for any other reason, like for speaking his mind here, I do think it's unconscionable that anyone at CTX (or any company) would enact reprisals for a true statement that is made here. It's astoundingly unprofessional and immature in the extreme, not to mention a very likely breach of contract.

Whatever the reason, make it a policy to never post anything here that you wouldn't say to someone's face. That way, you can always feel good regardless of the outcome. I pull no punches with my comments about my carrier, and have even on occasion forwarded them verbatim, along with the thread link, to some higher ups there, just to make sure they see it. If they dump me or something for it, that's fine, because I'm being true to myself and to them. But like Lawrence said, many of the comments you see here, positive and negative, are very often taken into consideration by these carriers. That's why it's so important to be honest and up front with my comments. Even if my perceptions about an issue are dead wrong, they need to at least know what the perceptions out here are, so they can correct that, too.

If they dump me for my perceptions, well, there's always CTX.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am not sure why they would be upset? They open that can of worms when the cut their rate. They are currently advertising that .70 CPM is what they are paying a van.
So....not exactly a secret other than cutting their existing contractors.
I don't think in light of today's operating costs, they are going to receive anything warm and fuzzy about their decision.
My personal opinion is a van can't be consistently operated at a profit with that compensation.
Or...the contractor would have to receive a sizable FSC just to make costs.
If I am incorrect in my thinking, I would like someone to show me where?

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
The thing that gets me is that Dean's post was a lot more tame than some other things I read on here, and with more facts than emotion. The most pointed thing said was the title: CTX = Highway robbery.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
There is no point banning CTX ads here. The discussion here is doing a lot of damage to the company. If they would have done nothing more (besides the pay cut) to Dean, they would not have gotten so much bad publicity. Instead they threw gas on the fire.

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
No carrier will ever be banned coinsidering the monies spent to adverstise on EO. It was a recruiter that must have read the thread, EO is a great tool to recruit O/Ops for these carriers..so there ya go that's what happened and I can see the position of both sides here. It is what it is.