update from ctx post

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Vinnie,
We have removed carriers in the past from whom we have received a lot of complaints.

Take a look around. Maybe if your carrier isn’t here – there is a good reason why. You never know…:confused:

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
Vinnie,
We have removed carriers in the past from whom we have received a lot of complaints.

Take a look around. Maybe if your carrier isn’t here – there is a good reason why. You never know…:confused:

Lawrence,

That's good! But in this circumstance I don't think this is grounds for dismissal. CTX isn't perfect but I guess I was more or less referring to the posters that were calling for CTX to get the boot. Changing the pay scale isn't grounds for dismissal IMO..it sucks sure! You are referring to blatant cheaters and scammers..not something like this I would assume?

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
That is correct. Most of our carriers have been here for several years and have stood the test of time...and the vetting of their fleet. :)

Exactly

And they can terminate our contracts whenever they wish! The group of companies here seem very reputable compared to the rest of the trucking industry as a whole.

jrj337

Seasoned Expediter
I think all you would need to post your miles or pay each week that would tell how a company is doingand see what they would say about that.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
That sure is a bum deal that he got cut loose for posting a negative thread about the company. I'm sure it isn't the first time it's happened, but it's the first I've heard of it. You know if Panther had that policy they would be letting people go for it everyday almost. The good thing about being able to post a short negative thread about your current carrier is it helps you get whatever it is off of your chest. It's better to do it here instead of running into the home office raising cain. It reminds me of a time when I was a child with my Grandfather at the brokerage office he hauled through. This O/O came in mad and grabbed the brokers desk and flipped it over on top of him. You just can't do that kind of stuff. The broker I'm talking about I've known my whole life and he's a good honest guy and 99% of people like him. Sometimes people just don't click.

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
"I think all you would need to post your miles or pay each week that would tell how a company is doingand see what they would say about that."

I think I will pass on this request!!!

Last edited:

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I`d like to hear CTX`s side of this argument. I really doubt that Dean`s services were terminated because of a posting on this forum. Were CTX to terminate a contract for those reasons, I think Dean would have some solid ground to pursue a pretty good lawsuit. I have to think there is alot more to this than meets the eye.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most contracts have that little line where either party can terminate with 30 days notice without cause.....so they put you OOS for 30 days and your gone....

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
I`d like to hear CTX`s side of this argument. I really doubt that Dean`s services were terminated because of a posting on this forum. Were CTX to terminate a contract for those reasons, I think Dean would have some solid ground to pursue a pretty good lawsuit. I have to think there is alot more to this than meets the eye.

I wouldn't even waste the money

I'm sure CTX has a air tight contract and they can terminate a contract anytime at thier discretion.

dean07

Seasoned Expediter
UMM i can assure you this, i got let go for this post, PERIOD, they said that in their own words,most employed at ctx are on my side, just management isnt, i dont give a rats *** about them anymore, and a lawsuit for my canning is meaningless, because if it were a good company to work for, i would go for a lawsuit, but they are horrible and not worth it, i hope someone closes all these ctx threads cause i am done talking about them, and done defending myself!!!!

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter

Well, it is a public forum.

Let's hear from CTX.

Silence may be construed as the burden of guilt.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Silence may be construed as the burden of guilt.

I disagree. CTX does not regularly participate here, and to suddenly reply on this issue would be viewed by most here as damage control if they denied the allegation, or corporate suicide if they affirmed it. Guilty or not, a reply here would do nothing but generate, and attract, negative attention.

They would much rather this thread, and this subject, die a quick and silent death, where it would quickly be buried deep in the archives, the subject of which being unsearchable, due to the 3-letter-word limitation of the search engine. :D

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
UMM i can assure you this, i got let go for this post, PERIOD, they said that in their own words,most employed at ctx are on my side, just management isnt, i dont give a rats *** about them anymore, and a lawsuit for my canning is meaningless, because if it were a good company to work for, i would go for a lawsuit, but they are horrible and not worth it, i hope someone closes all these ctx threads cause i am done talking about them, and done defending myself!!!!

Any company lowering rates with the current cost of fuel must not be doing very well anyway...why stay?

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
Any company lowering rates with the current cost of fuel must not be doing very well anyway...why stay?

its been a very long time since I ran for ctx and correct me when or if I am wrong but as I recall ctx was only paying like .60 some odd cents on the discounted runs back 10 years or more ago so at some point between now and back then cargo van pay must have went up.and a bottom feeder company or not I know that I was always kept busy
and one cant just look at the rate per mile alone.I know alot of times I was double loaded and if I remembeer correct I got paid for 2 runs quite often.
plus one would need to know what kinda fuel charge they are paying.maybe they see a future that in order to get the customer to pay the fuel surcharge they will have to cut the rate.that may benefit drivers if they are getting 100% of the fsc.who really knows why?and to bash them without knowing 100% of what is takeing place within that company is just wrong.I give them props because unlike panther 10 years latter I am glad to see even with the pay cut at least they are still paying the vans close to what they did then look at the cat my contract started at .90 on the cargo vans and dropped to .85 when I signed on another one.

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter

its been a very long time since I ran for ctx and correct me when or if I am wrong but as I recall ctx was only paying like .60 some odd cents on the discounted runs back 10 years or more ago so at some point between now and back then cargo van pay must have went up.and a bottom feeder company or not I know that I was always kept busy
and one cant just look at the rate per mile alone.I know alot of times I was double loaded and if I remembeer correct I got paid for 2 runs quite often.
plus one would need to know what kinda fuel charge they are paying.maybe they see a future that in order to get the customer to pay the fuel surcharge they will have to cut the rate.that may benefit drivers if they are getting 100% of the fsc.who really knows why?and to bash them without knowing 100% of what is takeing place within that company is just wrong.I give them props because unlike panther 10 years latter I am glad to see even with the pay cut at least they are still paying the vans close to what they did then look at the cat my contract started at .90 on the cargo vans and dropped to .85 when I signed on another one.

I believe they paid on a percentage back then. 62-63% of the gross? It's been a while but does that sound right? I know the E units were flat rated back then..everything else was %. 10 years ago CTX was a solid player in the expedite arena.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The biggest difference is that Panther has honored their existing contracts including drivers that came over from Conway.
They didn't cut the rate of an existing contractor regardless of what their rate is.
They have had a change in rates several times, but that was for new trucks signing on. At that point, the driver agreed or they didn't.

When looking at vans, CTX is paying .70 CPM, and Panther pays .77 for a new signed on truck.
That is what I see as the biggest difference.
I know Panther FSC rates, but I wouldn't have a clue as to what CTX pays?