The State of Hate

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Excellent point.
When I was nursing, it was difficult for me to "care for" some patients, [both emotionally and actually], such as: drunk drivers who had killed someone, the parent who abused a child, the spouse/significant other who battered a woman - they made my stomach turn. But my job required me to put my personal beliefs aside and care for them the same as people who [I believed] deserved it, and I cared about doing my job to the best of my ability.
If I hadn't, I'd have no business keeping it, and the same goes for anyone else.

The one that grinds my ass ..is when they thank god for the open heart surgery going perfect. ..but never thank the doctors & nurses..
So why are they going to the hospital. .just go to the church then..

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The one that grinds my ass ..is when they thank god for the open heart surgery going perfect. ..but never thank the doctors & nurses..
So why are they going to the hospital. .just go to the church then..

I am quite sure they give the doctors a personal thank you.

I have to admit the hate from some non believers seems out do most others.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I am quite sure they give the doctors a personal thank you.

I have to admit the hate from some non believers seems out do most others.

You ... BELIVE I will stick with reality ..

Attachments

• 1428370799462.jpg
    1428370799462.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 10

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ones reality is no reason to hate. I personally don't care if someone believes or denies it's a personal choice and I'm ok with that.

I feel no need to put others down that feel differently.

Reactions: muttly

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Ones reality is no reason to hate. I personally don't care if someone believes or denies it's a personal choice and I'm ok with that.

I feel no need to put others down that feel differently.

I don't "hate"...it more of an extreme concern...here is one excellent example. ..why is he not thinking of his constituents 1st.. not what his church says. ..also when Bush said he talked to god on going to war...I have a problem with that..

Attachments

• 1428372881149.jpg
    1428372881149.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 12

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Busch talked to plenty of people. Got a question for you, if God isn't real why would it matter if he talked to him before going to war, obviously it would not have mattered just more like talking to yourself.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Yah...that @$$hole cheney..It's that he claimed it..and a thing called separation of church and state..my country's decision on war...should NOT be made upon ones god..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Busch talked to plenty of people. Got a question for you, if God isn't real why would it matter if he talked to him before going to war, obviously it would not have mattered just more like talking to yourself.

Sorry, Xiggi, it's not like talking to yourself. And if it's anyone other than "God" or "Jesus", it's an indicator for schizophrenia - a serious mental illness. I have a real problem with accepting people's 'conversations' with imaginary others as a good thing - especially in someone in a leadership position.
I don't trust anyone who says "God told me" or even "God led me", because who can argue what they may well be imagining entirely? But we accept it, no questions - SMH.
It angers me when people [like the pizza owners] "thank God" for what was clearly the work of other people, [nearly a million dollars in donations] because that's just crazy talk, and people don't even question it. God didn't donate a cent to GoFundMe, but we aren't supposed to point that out?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Simply because you believe it's imaginary, care to prove it? Busch never said god told it's ok as far as I know. What does it matter if people choose to donate maybe it's just your imagination it does.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Sorry, Xiggi, it's not like talking to yourself. And if it's anyone other than "God" or "Jesus", it's an indicator for schizophrenia - a serious mental illness. I have a real problem with accepting people's 'conversations' with imaginary others as a good thing - especially in someone in a leadership position.
I don't trust anyone who says "God told me" or even "God led me", because who can argue what they may well be imagining entirely? But we accept it, no questions - SMH.
It angers me when people [like the pizza owners] "thank God" for what was clearly the work of other people, [nearly a million dollars in donations] because that's just crazy talk, and people don't even question it. God didn't donate a cent to GoFundMe, but we aren't supposed to point that out?

If you told someone you were talking and making huge life decisions to someone you can NOT see or touch. .they probably would have you committed. ..BUT use the word god instead ...all is well..

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nurse Holland seems to be under the delusion that she is self employed. Actually, she is required by the hospital she works for to take care of Nazi sympathizers, criminals or anybody else that comes to their facility for care and treatment.

On another thought, the free market always seems to find a solution to this kind of nonsense. It could very well be that in the future we'll see bakeries, pizza restaurants and similar businesses quit their catering services altogether and cease to make wedding cakes. How many small businesses like Memories Pizza will look at what happened to them and decide it's just not worth the hassle?

And service providers are required by law to serve the public, moral judgments notwithstanding. If numerous small businesses decide to open private establishments catering solely to those who measure up to their standards, they can do so. Not only is no one stopping them, I think they ought to do it. Let's all see how it works out.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Simply because you believe it's imaginary, care to prove it? Busch never said god told it's ok as far as I know. What does it matter if people choose to donate maybe it's just your imagination it does.

One can't prove a negative. [ But if there's no proof that God exists after 2000 + years of people really really, really, searching for even a shred, what does that tell us?]
The donations don't matter, to me - what matters is the beneficiaries publicly thanking God for the money, when it was donated by real people. Doesn't the truth matter at all? Or is religion and 'belief' a license to just make stuff up, and when challenged, just say "prove it's wrong"? That's just nuts.
It's ok if they say gay people are sinners, but when they refuse to treat them the same as straight people in public, that's going too far, IMO. It's just like the Jim Crow laws all over again, and why would we want to go back to a time when some people [blacks, women] were second class citizens in the eyes of the law?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's a wierd response your saying even though they believe therefor they thank god they have no right to. Isn't that kind of what you have been speaking against? That does serious damage to your arguments prior to this.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That is my take on it as well. A lot of Christian bashing going on. The liberal media just loves to find any opportunity to denigrate them. The worst thing the media can dig up about them regarding the Indiana law, is some pizza owner who said they would serve gays in their establishment, but wouldn't participate in their wedding plans because of their religious objections. The utter vitriol that this establishment endured, and nearly put out of business, due to their religious beliefs were appalling. Fortunately, many observed what an injustice this was becoming to this family,and came to their financial aid. Many Christian bashers will say that the people who donated to them are just a bunch of bigots themselves coming to the aid of another bigot, instead of seeing people come to the aid of someone who was unfairly bullied . What the Christian haters don't realize is, if a gay pizzeria owner were being threatened, and in risk of losing their business by bullies, many of those same Christians would be coming to their financial aid as well, regardless of their disagreement about gay marriage that many of them have.

Awww, poor Christians, getting beat up on. You think it's appalling? How many of them have been beat up in public, simply for being Christian? Any one dragged to death behind a pickup truck, that you know of? Or even arrested, for what they do with other consenting adults in the privacy of their own homes?
How many have had to hide their religion from their boss, landlord, even family and friends?
A little perspective, please.

Reactions: asjssl

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's a wierd response your saying even though they believe therefor they thank god they have no right to. Isn't that kind of what you have been speaking against? That does serious damage to your arguments prior to this.

Where did I say they "have no right" to thank God? They have the right of free speech, they can say it if they believe it. But people who believe differently can say what they think, too. When someone thanks God for money they know very well came from other people, I say it tends to show how they see what they want to see, and not what is true. They have every right to say it, and I have the right to say they're conflating their beliefs with reality.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Awww, poor Christians, getting beat up on. You think it's appalling? How many of them have been beat up in public, simply for being Christian? Any one dragged to death behind a pickup truck, that you know of? Or even arrested, for what they do with other consenting adults in the privacy of their own homes?
How many have had to hide their religion from their boss, landlord, even family and friends?
A little perspective, please.

Is the massacre of 147 Christians in Kenya perspective enough? :(