slow freight

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Now I don't want to go back to nov cause I was so slow I was about to hang it up! I might of got 2500 miles that whole month

osumike33

Seasoned Expediter
Valentines day anniversary. Well, happy aniversary to you and the wife. I waited 4 days after valentines day for mine. Im at 17, how bout you.

Only 3....but it's wife number 3 and definitely the last one. We went to Gibson's in Chicago and spent WAY too much money for a piece of meat and mashed potatos...only reason we went was we had a gift card and we still spent way more than I'm used to spending; I'm more into the $20 for two meals at Chili's.

mzraik

Active Expediter
I think like a lot of business with easy points of entry (like the van market), when things are or were good the segment fills up to the point of capacity or over capacity. You see this less as the barriers to entry ($$$$) increase. Thus the straight truck and tractor market are better insulated from this.

Hi John,

I was wondering how the new HOS and the CSA point system are effecting your driver base, if at all?

Gubbament is here to help, right?

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
freight is slow maybe but have put on almost 5,000 mile in feb
running local
did line haul run to day 509 night miles
also have a line haul for monday, going out sunday so be able to get done early run be 700 miles round trip

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
freight is slow maybe but have put on almost 5,000 mile in feb
running local
did line haul run to day 509 night miles
also have a line haul for monday, going out sunday so be able to get done early run be 700 miles round trip
GEO you got it goin on man wish i could have gotten that straight truck job you told me about last year but pryors got in the way. What do they call you? Got it goin on GEO

Tomtom

Active Expediter
I'm new to posting but have been a long time lurker (sounds creepy ).

But since December I have been busy selling my last unit and running more miles than I like. So haven't been around for a while. But this tread surprised me. We have been busy. Not sure about vans since haven't owned one in over a year.

guido4475

Not a Member
darn tootin.....never have I driven less, sat more...BUT made more $$$$$$ then at any other carrier!!! Yehaw!!

I have to agree with my Canadian friend here....Id post my last years numbers, but it would be in my best interests not to do so. To say I am very happy and content here is an understatement. John Elliott takes care of his flock very well, and because of that, I have the highest respect for him.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I been getting 1500+ miles weekly as of late..

at my last carrier I was doing 1500 miles but that equaled about $1300 - $1400 dollars....which is pretty normal these days...

Glad to see you are doing well during this time.....

Last edited:

canesman07

Seasoned Expediter
I run for Panther and drive a CV. From Jan 9th, when I came off Christmas Vacation to Feb 7th I did 9411 loaded miles then the following two weeks I combined for 215+638 that equals 853 and then last week I just did 1912 and Monday I am pre-dispatched on a 590 mile load. I do Canada and I have done 5 Canadian runs this year including a 1130 and 814 loads.