'See Something,Say Something.'

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Didn't have to go to great lengths. A simple five second google search came up with a briefcase of similar dimensions as the pencil case.
But merely to see what difference in size between the two. I'm not familiar with pencil cases.
Right, you don't have to be an electronic engineer to know some basic things, but most people aren't familiar with distinguishing basic things that do or don't make up a bomb. Call them ignorant or idiots, or whatever, but it makes up a large segment of the population. It's comical though that some are apoplectic because they are shocked beyond belief that teachers weren't able to tell it wasn't a bomb.
They are saying 'Of course it is a clock, it SO obvious to ANYONE' They wouldn't know the difference either before this incident but NOW because of the Muslim exploitation angle, they are channeling their inner 'Nick Burns your company's computer guy.':rolleyes:

Watch Nick Burns, Your Company's Computer Guy with Billy Bob Thornton from Saturday Night Live on NBC.com

And most people aren't interested in knowing either. Although there probably will be more awareness training for teachers that will include the anatomy of a bomb.

It's possible the kid was treated with extra scrutiny because of his name and skin color, but the fact is you don't know that for sure. There are plenty of other incidents involving non muslim school kids being suspended from school with less threatening looking
objects. And with a huge difference in outrage from the race grifters.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Right, you don't have to be an electronic engineer to know some basic things, but most people aren't familiar with distinguishing basic things that do or don't make up a bomb.
I disagree completely. If people aren't familiar with distinguishing basics things that do or do not make up a bomb, then they couldn't even function on a day-to-day basis. If you show someone a circuit board and a brick of C4, the vast majority will be able to tell you which one is most likely to be found in a bomb. If I placed Ahmed's clock in your left hand, and in your right hand I placed 4 sticks of dynamite wired to a digital clock, I have very little doubt that you would be able to guess which one is the bomb. If I put Ahmed's clock in your left and and the guts of a transistor radio in your right hand, you would be able to tell that neither one is going to explode, because there's nothing there that can explode. Most people, even stupid people, can very well distinguish what does and does not make up a bomb.

Movies and TV shows have caused people to turn off their otherwise properly functioning brains because they have made people think all bombs look like boxes with wires and digital clocks, and if it's a little box with wires and a clock in it, well it must be a bomb. Most people have never seen a bomb in person, so to look at a jumble of electronic parts with which you are not familiar and assume bomb is completely and utterly retarded. Still, if you think this is your one-in-a-billion shot that this is an actual bomb, just ask, "Is this a bomb?" and watch the reaction.

Call them ignorant or idiots, or whatever, but it makes up a large segment of the population.
People are by and large stupid. There's no getting around is. Half the population is just butt-stoopid and the other half do stupid things on a regular basis. It's a wonder evolution hasn't wiped us out. How do you think Obama got elected.... twice? The first time, OK, you can write that off as a horrible mistake. Mistakes happen. But the second time? No. No. just...jist...jist...NO.

It's comical though that some are apoplectic because they are shocked beyond belief that teachers weren't able to tell it wasn't a bomb.
People should be apoplectic and shocked, because it's outrageous that professional educators can be that stupid, and that obtuse, and then pat themselves on the back for it.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Being suspended for 3 days, even after they know it's just a clock, is not extraordinary scrutiny, it's something else entirely.
Young Ahmed was subjected to profiling. Had he tried to board a commercial airliner or approach the White House fence with a similar looking device, he would again have been profiled. If anyone of us tried to board an airliner carrying a strange looking device, we could expect to be accosted. Remember the brothers who pulled off the Boston Marathon bombing? Wasn't that a pressure cooker device inside a backpack? I won't go so far as to call teachers, cops, TSA workers or even concerned citizens as being stupid for alerting authorities when something seems odd or out of place. No telling how many terrorist attacks have been thwarted that we aren't privy to knowing. See something, say something is often an effective tool. Profiling is an effective tool as well.

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
See something, say something is an effective tool, but like all other tools, it has to be used properly in order to be effective.

Arresting a 14-year-old kid with a Muslim name for bringing an electronic project to school that the teachers couldn't understand, even after he demonstrated it and showed it was just a clock, isn’t even the worst part of this story. First off, when Ahmed was taken into the interrogation room, a police officer said "Yup. That’s who I thought it was" - an obvious reference to his terrorist-looking Muslim Arab face and his terrorist-sounding name.

A police spokesman, apparently incapable of hearing the irony (and stupidity) in his own words, later said, "We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb. He kept maintaining it was a clock, but there was no broader explanation. He should have been more forthcoming as to the purpose of the device."

Asked what broader explanation the boy could have given, the spokesman explained:

“It could reasonably be mistaken as a device if left in a bathroom or under a car. The concern was, what was this thing built for?"

The police literally could not accept the fact that a brown Muslim kid put wires together and connected them to a circuit board to make something other than a bomb.

After the police finally determined it was not a bomb and posed no danger to anyone, and after everyone involved was satisfied that the device was just a clock, the school nevertheless decided that his clock was “dangerous” and posed a "perceived risk" in that it in fact might be a bomb, so they then at that point suspended him. And the school district sent out a letter to parents blaming Ahmad for everything and not even hinting at an apology, and patted themselves on the back for taking the "necessary precautions to protect our students."

It seems unquestionably clear that from the moment 14-year old ninth-grader Ahmed Mohamed was removed from class by his principle and five police officers, until the time he was released from police custody, that at no time was he not the smartest person in the room.

Reactions: RLENT and cheri1122

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What puzzles me is that the engineering teacher allowed it to happen - did he think it was a bomb too?! I can understand the idiocy of the others, but shouldn't an engineering teacher recognize the difference between a clock and a bomb?

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I find it interesting that the Texas crowd has been quiet on this matter. :wideyed:

Nothing much to be said, some of you in here have decided that all of us from Texas, are nothing more then idiot, back wood, Isamaphoic, gun carrying racists. Nothing said here will ever change you option about that. So as my grandad use to say.

" boy you wrestle with a pig, at the end of the day your muddy, and the pig had fun"

So go ahead and continue on having fun.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Blog alert...Blog alert. Cat woman themed left wing blogs featuring Doktor Zoom and Left Wing 'talking points' & cherry picking blogs abound. Oh, my! :eek:
In case you're having trouble differentiating - something that seems to be a distinct possibility, given your history - it's a humor site ...

Which is not to say that they don't mostly nail it, on a general basis ... depending on one's viewpoint on things ...

In fact, I think they did this one below up, especially just for you:

Wingnuts Have Had It With That Muslim Teen Terrorist Ahmed Mohamed And His 'Science'

... Dead Breitbart’s Home For Eternal Paranoia ...

... lol ... yeah ...

Reactions: cheri1122

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Nothing much to be said, some of you in here have decided that all of us from Texas, are nothing more then idiot, back wood, Isamaphoic, gun carrying racists.
I certainly don't believe that ... after all the young man in question is from Texas is he not ?

However, I will say that some of the most ignorant backwoods, Islamophobic, gun-carrying idiot racists I have ever encountered do hail from Texas ...

But don't worry ... Texas is by no means alone in that regard, it has plenty of company ...

This is 'Murrika after all ...

Reactions: Ragman

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nothing much to be said, some of you in here have decided that all of us from Texas, are nothing more then idiot, back wood, Isamaphoic, gun carrying racists. Nothing said here will ever change you option about that. So as my grandad use to say.

" boy you wrestle with a pig, at the end of the day your muddy, and the pig had fun"

So go ahead and continue on having fun.

I lived in Texas for a couple years, and found most people were wonderful. I believe your current leadership [and the last governor] are wrong on many issues, but I can say the same [and do] about the governor of Ohio. And lots of other states. That doesn't reflect on the people, when you realize that gerrymandering, voter apathy, and big money campaigns is how they got elected, and their views don't represent many of their citizens.

Reactions: RLENT

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nothing much to be said, some of you in here have decided that all of us from Texas, are nothing more then idiot, back wood, Isamaphoic, gun carrying racists.
And all of us in Kentucky are idiot, barefoot, homophobic, backwoods, Bible-toting bigots who when we're not sittin' in a rockin' chair on the porch with our trusty jug o' moonshine on our lap, we're out drivin' the General Lee throughthe cricks and backroads trying to get in truble.

Such is life in These United States. It'd be boring otherwise.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And all of us from Michigan and especially the Detroit area are nothing more than gimme goobers sitting on our asses smoking crack in our crime infested neighborhood.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
See something, say something is an effective tool, but like all other tools, it has to be used properly in order to be effective.

Arresting a 14-year-old kid with a Muslim name for bringing an electronic project to school that the teachers couldn't understand, even after he demonstrated it and showed it was just a clock, isn’t even the worst part of this story. First off, when Ahmed was taken into the interrogation room, a police officer said "Yup. That’s who I thought it was" - an obvious reference to his terrorist-looking Muslim Arab face and his terrorist-sounding name.

A police spokesman, apparently incapable of hearing the irony (and stupidity) in his own words, later said, "We have no information that he claimed it was a bomb. He kept maintaining it was a clock, but there was no broader explanation. He should have been more forthcoming as to the purpose of the device."

Asked what broader explanation the boy could have given, the spokesman explained:

“It could reasonably be mistaken as a device if left in a bathroom or under a car. The concern was, what was this thing built for?"

The police literally could not accept the fact that a brown Muslim kid put wires together and connected them to a circuit board to make something other than a bomb.

After the police finally determined it was not a bomb and posed no danger to anyone, and after everyone involved was satisfied that the device was just a clock, the school nevertheless decided that his clock was “dangerous” and posed a "perceived risk" in that it in fact might be a bomb, so they then at that point suspended him. And the school district sent out a letter to parents blaming Ahmad for everything and not even hinting at an apology, and patted themselves on the back for taking the "necessary precautions to protect our students."

It seems unquestionably clear that from the moment 14-year old ninth-grader Ahmed Mohamed was removed from class by his principle and five police officers, until the time he was released from police custody, that at no time was he not the smartest person in the room.
There might be more to the story than what you have presented that hasn't been released, One issue authorities had to determine was after they knew it wasn't a bomb, whether the kid intended to make a hoax bomb. That possibility had to be looked at thoroughly. Just because some people obviously didn't see it as a bomb doesn't mean that the kid didn't try to make a semblance of a bomb and failed. More info might be released about all of this.
Again, the kid was a new student at the High School, which began a couple weeks prior. Faculty probably weren't familiar with him. He brought the device to the school, without invitation. The Engineering teacher, who the device was shown to by him, said don't show it to the other teachers, which he ended up doing because he didn't keep it in his locker. He brought it to the English class where it was discovered.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In case you're having trouble differentiating - something that seems to be a distinct possibility, given your history - it's a humor site ...

Which is not to say that they don't mostly nail it, on a general basis ... depending on one's viewpoint on things ...

In fact, I think they did this one below up, especially just for you:

Wingnuts Have Had It With That Muslim Teen Terrorist Ahmed Mohamed And His 'Science'

... Dead Breitbart’s Home For Eternal Paranoia ...

... lol ... yeah ...
Yeah, 'a cherry-picking of the facts, slapstick, garbage fire, filled with potty mouthed writers of a site'. I guess that's someone's cup of tea.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
There might be more to the story than what you have presented that hasn't been released, One issue authorities had to determine was after they knew it wasn't a bomb, whether the kid intended to make a hoax bomb. That possibility had to be looked at thoroughly. Just because some people obviously didn't see it as a bomb doesn't mean that the kid tried to make a semblance of a bomb and failed. More info might be released about all of this.
LOL ... yup, it might ...

It might also be released that the kid has a big pile of HEU sitting in a closet at home ... because: TERRIST!

Chances of either ?

Probably pretty slim ...

Seriously, how tough do you think it would have been for him to pick up some modeling clay or Play-Doh and pack his "briefcase" with it ... if he wanted to create a more realistic "hoax bomb" ?

Again, the kid was a new student at the High School, which began a couple weeks prior. Faculty probably weren't familiar with him. He brought the device to the school, without invitation. The Engineering teacher, who the device was shown to by him, said don't show it to the other teachers, which he ended up doing because he didn't keep it in his locker. He brought it to the English class where it was discovered.
Can you imagine what would have happened had he left it in his locker and the alarm had went off ?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL ... yup, it might ...

It might also be released that the kid has a big pile of HEU sitting in a closet at home ... because: TERRIST!

Chances of either ?

Probably pretty slim ...

Seriously, how tough do you think it would have been for him to pick up some modeling clay or Play-Doh and pack his "briefcase" with it ... if he wanted to create a more realistic "hoax bomb" ?

Can you imagine what would have happened had he left it in his locker and the alarm had went off ?
Omg he forgot the Play-Doh.:eek:
Being the tech wizard he is, I'm sure he knew how to disconnect a wire so the clock didn't buzz in his locker. Conversely, it very well might have been the reason to allow the buzzer go off in class so as to create a commotion.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Omg he forgot the Play-Doh.:eek:
You're the one - in apparent desperation - making it out to be that this is possibly some dark, nefarious conspiracy and that this kid cunningly hatched a plot to induce mayhem and panic ...

Being the tech wizard he is, I'm sure he knew how to disconnect a wire so the clock didn't buzz in his locker.
If that's the case, then it's not all that hard to argue that he - being the cunning tech wizard that he is - wouldn't have forgotten the Play-Doh.

Remember: this little bugger is extremely cunning ... because: MOOSLIM !

Conversely, it very well might have been the reason to allow the buzzer go off in class so as to create a commotion.
Pure speculation ... based on no real evidence whatsoever ...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here's some food for thought: it's a pretty long article, but the author brings out some good points.
Somewhere in all of this – there has indeed been a hoax. Ahmed Mohamed didn’t invent his own alarm clock. He didn’t even build a clock...

For starters, one glance at the printed circuit board in the photo, and I knew we were looking at mid-to-late 1970s vintage electronics...

Because, is it possible, that maybe, just maybe, this was actually a hoax bomb? A silly prank that was taken the wrong way? That the media then ran with, and everyone else got carried away? Maybe there wasn’t even any racial or religious bias on the parts of the teachers and police...

I think the whole event – and our collective response, with everybody up to the President chiming in, says a whole lot about us. We don’t care that none of us were there and knows what happened, we jump to conclusions and assume we’re experts. We care about the story, but we don’t care about the actual facts.

Reverse Engineering Ahmed Mohamed's Clock... and Ourselves.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You're the one - in apparent desperation - making it out to be that this is possibly some dark, nefarious conspiracy and that this kid cunningly hatched a plot to induce mayhem and panic ...

Riiight, because kids never play pranks or gags on people. :rolleyes: